Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Scudbuster

Farewell to Faith

1,161 posts in this topic

Habitat

The question of whether it should go in the fiction or non-fiction classification.......I'll leave to the readers !

• Like 2

jmccr8
Just now, Habitat said:

The question of whether it should go in the fiction or non-fiction classification.......I'll leave to the readers !

I'd go with science fantasy fiction. :lol: Or maybe romantic comedy.

jmccr8

• Like 1

Habitat

Might be an altogether new genre. 

• Like 1

jmccr8

Quite possibly, but then maybe we could just mind meld and read it faster than the speed of thought. :rolleyes:

jmccr8

Edited by jmccr8
spelling and amendment
  • Like 1

Habitat

BTE would probably say it would make more sense with the book turned upside down.

• Like 1

jmccr8
1 minute ago, Habitat said:

BTE would probably say it would make more sense with the book turned upside down.

With Walker's spelling it may just be. :lol:

jmccr8

• Like 1

back to earth
11 hours ago, Habitat said:

Nothing much happened that I could see, I still think he is worth reading, but of course, I still read you, and you are one of those people who believes in The Magic Formula of Existence, which basically out-woos any woo I can think up

Funny how you claim I have a belief that you give a title to  ; " The Magic Formula of Existence" ... that I have never used nor heard of before  ?????   

What is that ?  

11 hours ago, Habitat said:

. And did you see what "lurch" had to say about Crowley ? I thought he was a prospective proxy, too, but he's blotted his copybook there.

Dang !  I missed it .    Where is it, I want to read it .    Lurch sussed Walker out after about 3 attempts to try and talk sensibly with him, and quickly realised how ****** ***** he is  .   No blot on his copy book there ,   actually ; 

Related image

Furthermore , young Habitat ,     I would look forward to discussing any criticism of crowley with Lurch, as to date, he seems to me a rather balanced and intelligent fellow.  

You seem to think I am some sort of fawning Crowley fop ...... no, as hard as it might be to concieve for you, It was only YOUR silly arguments against him that I was rejecting . I  even very clearly told you, I thought the guy could be an ****, and some hold him responsible for 'ruining margic'  ... its just that your criticisms of him were uninformed and gossipy and .....   'Habitaty' . 

In this respect you suffer from what walker does ;

if someone points out your lack of insight into a subject you are sprouting about, you guys have to see it as the person attacking the subject itself and hence they must be an unbeliever  ... as they cant conceive the fault lies with the way they are presenting their view, not  with the view itself . 

Nice  ( bad actually )  try to try and turn one poster against another  that have no issues ..... bound to fail though .    :)  

• Like 1

back to earth
10 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

I would think that you could publish a book about your unprovable facts, you have documented quite a few here. And by the way, do you type too fast to spell properly, I myself don't type that well but do try. :lol:

jmccr8

yes, the ides seems to be that the more undocumented facts one can come up with the more weight they have 

I cite this brilliant quote from Walker :   "   Actually the plural of anecdote IS data "

Ha ha ha haaaar!   :D  

Not the caps and his stern affirmation ... that makes everything true eh ?    I can hear his serious stern patriarchal commanding voice now .... " It IS so ! .... it is The TRUTH that I   can  ( do this, do that , do amazing things the like of which the world has never seen !  )   :D 

The more a story ( anecdote) is repeated (gossip)  the more it becomes fact !    More Walker impeccable logic !  

Classic !   

Edited by back to earth
  • Like 1

back to earth

And by the way, do you type too fast to spell properly, I myself don't type that well but do try. :lol:

jmccr8

Scientific tests show that wrongly spelled words are identifiable in text by 92.5% of the literate population ." 

Thats the answer from a person who claims to have taught people to write properly , and can NEVER admit they are wrong .... even about a glaring wrong spelling mistake   :D   

Look  ;    

ardvark   

you spelled that wrong , it is aardvark 

Oh yeah , I made a mistake . 

.... see ..... real simple ! 

Edited by back to earth
  • Like 1

back to earth

I'd go with science fantasy fiction. :lol: Or maybe romantic comedy.

jmccr8

Sci fi comedy I am thinking ... maybe on par with this 'great classic'  ?

Related image

• Like 1

back to earth

Quite possibly, but then maybe we could just mind meld and read it faster than the speed of thought. :rolleyes:

jmccr8

Maybe thats the issue .... being so fantastically super at everything , Walker types so fast .... faster than the speed of thought !   ( his own thought )     :D   

• Like 1

back to earth
10 hours ago, Habitat said:

< turns lap top upside down, looks at one of Walker's posts .... > 

My God !   He is right !         :o

• Like 1

back to earth

With Walker's spelling it may just be. :lol:

jmccr8

At least put the name backwards to make it sound snazzy ; 

' My Oddballs Space Adventure '  by    R. M. Reklaw           :)  

• Like 1

GlitterRose

Predators use religion so that they can sit atop a pile of money and abuse whomever they like without facing repercussions over it. 

And for some reason, the religious get offended when it is pointed out. They should be irate over being taken advantage of, and instead, they're arguing the possibilities of someone manifesting gold out of thin air, and no matter how many people come out and say they have been abused...whatever religious figure in question needs to just be given the benefit of the doubt. Over and over and over and over...

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 4

back to earth

<   cue chorus  from 'Stairway to Heaven' .  > 

• Like 2

GlitterRose

It's like the idea that they have been duped is just too painful for people to deal with, so they find some way to still believe in these predators. 

• Like 2

Golden Duck
28 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Predators use religion so that they can sit atop a pile of money and abuse whomever they like without facing repercussions over it. 

And for some reason, the religious get offended when it is pointed out. They should be irate over being taken advantage of, and instead, they're arguing the possibilities of someone manifesting gold out of thin air, and no matter how many people come out and say they have been abused...whatever religious figure in question needs to just be given the benefit of the doubt. Over and over and over and over...

I'm not quite sure what you mean. 

Some posters are advocating that a leading Church figure, accused of criminal misconduct, be given an opportunity for the criminal justice system to run its course.

Is this inappropriate? 

GlitterRose
8 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Some posters are advocating that a leading Church figure, accused of criminal misconduct, be given an opportunity for the criminal justice system to run its course.

Is this inappropriate? 

He's not gonna face the criminal justice system because the Vatican is protecting him. 

• Like 2

GlitterRose

That Bada guy isn't gonna face anything either, because he's got the Prime Minister for a follower. 

Golden Duck
20 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

He's not gonna face the criminal justice system because the Vatican is protecting him. 

Protecting him from what?

Has there been further development after questioning by Vicpol?

Cardinal Pell left the Vatican to be questioned by the Commission on 29 February 2016.  The news of the SANO Taskforce investigation broke prior to this. Australia has an extradition treaty with Italy.

That there is no treaty with the Vatican does not prohibit the application for extradition.

So, if charges were formed and Vatican didn't cooperate with extradition, Cardinal Pell would find himself on a watch list.

I would then agree with your post.

But none of this has happened yet. 

Edited by Golden Duck

back to earth
57 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

It's like the idea that they have been duped is just too painful for people to deal with, so they find some way to still believe in these predators. 

'Some people' do it with their government too  ....  desperately trying to shore things up  and explain logically why it is perfectly justifiable to lock up children behind razor wire , for so long they may never recover from the shock and trauma !      

Related image

:(      

• Like 2

back to earth
58 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Is this inappropriate? 

He is given the opportunity though !   Its just that he wont come and participate and that makes people wonder why .  

Come back Pell, we are all waiting for you to return and clear your name  . 

• Like 1

back to earth
35 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Protecting him from what?

Has there been further development after questioning by Vicpol?

Cardinal Pell left the Vatican to be questioned by the Commission on 29 February 2016.  The news of the SANO Taskforce investigation broke prior to this. Australia has an extradition treaty with Italy.

That there is no treaty with the Vatican does not prohibit the application for extradition.

So, if charges were formed and Vatican didn't cooperate with extradition, Cardinal Pell would find himself on a watch list.

I would then agree with your post.

But none of this has happened yet. 

So he wasnt asked to come back and he didnt get a note from the doctor saying he couldnt fly ?  

• Like 1

Golden Duck
20 minutes ago, back to earth said:

So he wasnt asked to come back and he didnt get a note from the doctor saying he couldnt fly ?  

The Commission and Taskforce SANO are two different things.

Vicpol didn't have any bother questioning Pell over there.

He's been questioned by the Commission on numerous occasions.

If he ends up om a watchlist we can all start singing to the tune of Tim Minchin.

Habitat
39 minutes ago, back to earth said:

Come back Pell, we are all waiting for you to return and clear your name  . 

So far as I know, the criminal justice system does not work on the basis of people having to clear their name, and ought not to either. You seem to be operating on the presumption of guilt, as much as a presumption of innocence.