Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Scudbuster

Farewell to Faith

1,161 posts in this topic

back to earth

I guess he just gets away with it  then .  . .  for now . 

Cardinal Pell was the subject of an investigation by the Sano Taskforce that involved multiple allegations over a long period of time. "

Mr Ashton said charges against the Cardinal were still a possibility and that detectives were waiting on an opinion from the Office of Public Prosecution on whether the inquiry should continue. "

I am well familiar with the DPP .... they threatened to, and did go after me  and I won the case, then they appealed ,  without just cause  (as notified by the 3 presiding judges during the  failed appeal )  ... at the cost of more than A$2 Mill  ... to the taxpayer ! . 

There have been other  cases, where others ( not as well connected as Pell ) have not been charged for years .... even the Police  were frustrated and said everything was in order .... just awaiting go ahead from DPP , in one case, it was 'sitting on the desk' of the A.G. for 3 years  ! 

Then ONE DOCO   from the 7.30 report  (  from the  ABC -  that 'biased' national news broadcaster that walker will pop up and complain about )  and the next day a virtual SWAT team descends on him  and nabs him . Guy was a personal mentor to well known pollies, .   Why the overnight action after a 3 year wait  ?    Because those protecting him were in danger of being exposed if they didnt act !    But that has faded away too ... at least the purp is fading away in prison . 

here is the victim's case 

http://www.parliament.vic.gov.au/images/stories/committees/fcdc/inquiries/57th/Child_Abuse_Inquiry/Submissions/SNAP.pdf

• Like 2

back to earth
3 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

The Commission and Taskforce SANO are two different things.

Vicpol didn't have any bother questioning Pell over there.

He's been questioned by the Commission on numerous occasions.

If he ends up om a watchlist we can all start singing to the tune of Tim Minchin.

That didnt really answer my question did it ? 

• Like 1

Golden Duck
18 hours ago, back to earth said:

That didnt really answer my question did it ? 

Pardon me, I thought you were being rhetorical.

It's common knowledge that a Vatican doctor asserted Pell could not fly.

I don't think I ever gave the impression I disputed  this.

I did concede that Cardinal Pell was questioned by the Commission in Italy on 29 February 2016. I assumed a reasonable person would know I know about Pell's non travel.

The directions hearing, case study 28, of 5 and 8 February confirms your question. It also gives the reasons why they dealt with it, moved on and gathered more evidence.

The subsequent transcript of Pell's hearing is available. 

Edited by Golden Duck
Correcting spelling and typos

back to earth

petsonoer ?  sorry , if thats a typo I cant figure out what the correct version is , and as it stands ... is it a word ?  

I wonder if my boss would accept a sick certificate for days off work  from a doctor from   ' BTE Medical Centre '   ?  

yeah .... I know ... but it all comes together , proved or not ,  to erode faith  in the church and clergy ... its a trail of 'suss stuff' .  

• Like 1

Golden Duck
6 minutes ago, back to earth said:

petsonoer ?  sorry , if thats a typo I cant figure out what the correct version is , and as it stands ... is it a word ?  

Massive typo.  I started that response last year...lol

6 minutes ago, back to earth said:

I wonder if my boss would accept a sick certificate for days off work  from a doctor from   ' BTE Medical Centre '   ?  

yeah .... I know ... but it all comes together , proved or not ,  to erode faith  in the church and clergy ... its a trail of 'suss stuff' .  

In some eyes obviously.

I'm not calling it yet. 

If Pell does end up on a watchlist it won't be a good look at all.

back to earth

I wonder, if the same people with exactly the same evidence came forward to accuse me of the same ,  how long the DPP would sit on it without action !  

HA!   There would be a fully kitted out SWAT team here tomorrow , I would be carted off and locked up  BEFORE my trial ., and kept incarcerated until they got around to having that trial . 

• Like 1

Golden Duck

I don't know about that.

I know of a similar case where a former workmate was accused.

I still saw him walking around a train station before the trial.

Incidentally, he was acquitted. But still some asked 'How could the jury find him not guilty?!?!?'

I get it... the (alleged) victims in these types of cases should be protected.  But, the defendant will always carry some slur.

back to earth

?

I said    "  if the same people with exactly the same evidence came forward to accuse me of the same , "  

Was this the case with former workmate ?   That he had two adult victim witnesses claiming past assault and a respected community member's observation on his behavior in a change room ?   And had a history and responsibility of care that he seemed to have neglected .

I had a friend that was 'wrongly ' accused   ( investigated and found there was no need for further action )  sure, it caused great pain and disruption to his family ! And accusers were outraged he 'got off'  But the indicators were nothing like in the Pell case .

In this case, the boy ( then 16) was saying nothing happened like that, it was his mother that claimed it and reported it  , who IMO suffers serious mental health issues  and just so happens to have been the GF of a guy that 'went gay' and ran off with the guy she accused of molesting her son .

We cant just hold one case up, against another without looking at the differences and backgrounds. 

However those cases and their details and witnesses and backgrounds should not be  considered to apply differently to a case due to the identity or influence of the accused . . . IMO . 

• Like 2

Golden Duck

I thought your main point was that you would be remanded in custody.

My former workmate was suspected of abusing a preschool aged girl, a child of another former workmate. The parent reported it straight away. My guess would've been - of the three cases mentioned in the last few posts - this case would have been the least likely to be granted bail. But he wasn't remanded.

Of coursr I don't know why you would. 

The rest of your post I agree with.  Each case should be judged on its merits Lady Justice should operate without bias.

Hawken

The people in the video were brought up in a religious family. They most likely had religion pounded in their heads by overbearing parents and as they got older decided to reject it. I new a guy that was brought up in a strict Jehovah's Witness family and he turned to the Satanic Cult when he got older.

psyche101
10 hours ago, Hawkin said:

The people in the video were brought up in a religious family. They most likely had religion pounded in their heads by overbearing parents and as they got older decided to reject it. I new a guy that was brought up in a strict Jehovah's Witness family and he turned to the Satanic Cult when he got older.

I saw the evils of the JW's too, and after turning to Catholicism, reason still directed me to atheism. 

JW's are not that different from any other Church. They read some passages in the Bible differently, like no blood transfusions or Jesus being crucified on a stake, not a cross, but other thn that, they read and adhere to the Bible like any other faith, all of which have their own quirks that set them apart. 

• Like 1