Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Media: A Lost Cause?

Paranormal Panther

6 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

I'll ask the same question of you. Fox News is the most honest one that's in the mainstream. I'm referring to hard news coverage and reporting, not opinion shows like O'Reilly's and Hannity's. Before you doubt me, watch a week of their hard news broadcasts and then compare it to your side's news broadcasts.

That would be hard since I haven't had a TV in about 11 years. Before you dismiss that, how about online written sources.

Edit: Oh yes, your question. I try to read every link provided in these forums but the fake news sites have no editors, journalists or researchers. Something that the MSM does.

Edited by Likely Guy

9 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

"Insane attacks on almost all alternative competitors?" Really? Can you provide a few of these examples of 'insane attacks'?

Really. Just look at the long list of claimed "fake news" sites in an article in the Washington Post. The group, behind that, claims that this and that person or site works for the Russians, which sounds quite insane, and they attack both the Drudge Report and Ron Paul. I'm assuming that you can be objective when I post this.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

Really. Just look at the long list of claimed "fake news" sites in an article in the Washington Post. The group, behind that, claims that this and that person or site works for the Russians, which sounds quite insane, and they attack both the Drudge Report and Ron Paul. I'm assuming that you can be objective when I post this.

Why does that sound insane? During the election there were 100 pro-Trump websites originating out of Montenegro alone. All they were interested in was 'clickbait' for their adverts and people on Facebook ran with it, as truth.

Edited by Likely Guy

4 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

off topic for one sec.

Petition: Make Ron Paul Trump’s Secretary of State/Treasury

While Ron Paul might not align with Donald Trump politically, the similarities of their candidacies are striking

http://www.infowars.com/petition-make-ron-paul-trumps-secretary-of-statetreasury/

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Follow the money. Facebook paid tons of money to alternative 'fake' news websites. In Facebook's defence, they didn't give a rat's ass about democracy, just the dollar. Nice.

Meh. I don't buy this new meme of "fake news", which smacks of the Ministry of Truth from "1984".

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

That would be hard since I haven't had a TV in about 11 years. Before you dismiss that, how about online written sources.

Edit: Oh yes, your question. I try to read every link provided in these forums but the fake news sites have no editors, journalists or researchers. Something that the MSM does.

what sites are you talking about and what researchers are you looking for?

2 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

Meh. I don't buy this new meme of "fake news", which smacks of the Ministry of Truth from "1984".

Infowars, Gateway Pundit, Veteran's Today... as pure as the driven snow.

26 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Eh, what's the point. Your commentary about my country is akin to my commentary on your country, and I'll leave it at that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ellapennella said:

what sites are you talking about and what researchers are you looking for?

News sites that have actual actual editors (that publish corrections), journalists with credentials (that passed ethics courses), legal teams (that publish retractions), you know, 'Real' news media.

And fact checkers (a.k.a. real 'researchers') not like you, Ella.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

Eh, what's the point. Your commentary about my country is akin to my commentary on your country, and I'll leave it at that.

"Real News Stops at the Border" - Newsflash

Lame. I'm commenting on the media.

Edited by Likely Guy

Just now, Likely Guy said:

News sites that have actual actual editors (that publish corrections), journalists with credentials (that passed ethics courses), legal teams (that publish retractions), you know, 'Real' news media.

And fact checkers (a.k.a. real 'researchers') not like you, Ella.

Have you ever thought to yourself, just who fact checks the fact checkers? 

Fact Wreck: Fact-Checking the Fact-Checkers at First Debate

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/09/26/fact-wreck-fact-checking-fact-checkers-first-debate/

19 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Why does that sound insane? During the election there were 100 pro-Trump websites originating out of Montenegro alone. All they were interested in was 'clickbait' for their adverts and people on Facebook ran with it, as truth.

I'm not talking about Montenegro. Please address what I did mention, not stuff from left field that has nothing to do with the Drudge Report, Ron Paul, etc..

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Infowars, Gateway Pundit, Veteran's Today... as pure as the driven snow.

As opposed to Salon and Slate? The Huffington Post is as clean as mud.

6 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

Have you ever thought to yourself, just who fact checks the fact checkers? 

Fact Wreck: Fact-Checking the Fact-Checkers at First Debate

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/09/26/fact-wreck-fact-checking-fact-checkers-first-debate/

I'm not going to debate your links. Provide your own points of view, support them with your links and if your points are intriguing enough, I'll happily check them out.

ETA: I could sit here and throw Huffingtons Post's at you. SFW?

Edited by Likely Guy

2 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

I'm not going to debate your links. Provide your own points of view, support them with your links and if your points are intriguing enough, I'll happily check them out.

I'm providing you with facts.  If you feel they are falsehoods than provide some  proof of it being so. I personally will click on a link read it and comment . You on the other hand continue to trash legitimate sites as fake news and so I'm providing you with real facts and because they are real you can not debate them as being fake.

A new study sheds some light on what facts the press most likes to check.

"Facts," someone once said, "are stubborn things." If there is one thing that is gnawing the marrow out of political coverage in America today, it's the so-called "fact checkers" whom editors of some of the nation's most prestigious publications have appointed to evaluate the veracity of statements made by candidates for public office.

According to the American Heritage dictionary, the definition of "fact" is: 1) Knowledge or information based on real occurrences; 2) Something demonstrated to exist or known to have existed; or 3) A thing that has been done, especially a crime. The last is especially interesting since the way fact-checking has been employed in the last two election cycles is as near to a crime as a journalist can commit.

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/peter-roff/2013/05/28/study-finds-fact-checkers-biased-against-republicans

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

"Real News Stops at the Border" - Newsflash

Lame. I'm commenting on the media.

We have that new thing called the internet. It transcends borders.

• Like 2

Sure, I believe you.

Hillary worships Satan and was involved in a pedophilia ring all the while she had a hundred people murdered.

Did I forget anything?

• Like 3

Just now, Likely Guy said:

Sure, I believe you.

Hillary worships Satan and was involved in a pedophilia ring all the while she had a hundred people murdered.

Did I forget anything?

Alex Jones.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paranormal Panther said:

We have that new thing called the internet. It transcends borders.

Uh... that was my point.

You didn't catch that the first time?

28 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Sure, I believe you.

Did I forget anything?

She's so ill that she actually died several years ago and the Democrats have been doing an 'El Cid' with her corpse ever since. 

That's why we haven't seen her for a while. She's being re-embalmed.

• Like 2

Just now, Arbenol said:

She's so ill that she actually died several years ago and the Democrats have been doing an 'El Cid' with her corpse ever since. 

I stand corrected. Obviously your news choices are far superior to mine.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Arbenol said:

MV5BMjAwMjU1MTA4N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzAx

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

I stand corrected. Obviously your news choices are far superior to mine.

And not at all biased.

• Like 1