Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Parallel universes are real, claim scientists

UM-Bot

If scientists have concluded there are an infinite number of universes, then an infinite number of scientists have concluded there are an infinite number of universes ... ad infinitum.

• Like 8

As a wise man once said, let's not worry our heads over it.

• Like 2

Always wonder if ghosts are just flickers of another parallel universe coming through? 

Or whether a psychic medium is actually contacting the dead, or just an alternate version of the dead person that is still alive in another world. 

Edited by ExoPaul
  • Like 7

Hmm..what makes these "scientists" assume that other worlds exist when we haven't even fully figured out our own planet and solar system?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ExoPaul said:

Always wonder if ghosts are just flickers of another parallel universe coming through? 

Or whether a psychic medium is actually contacting the dead, or just an alternate version of the dead person that is still alive in another world. 

This is what i always say about ghost, like we see a glimpse of another parallel universe . First time i see someone else share my view

• Like 5

I look forward to the scientific testing of this theory! I believe it would explain many unexplained mysteries that people have experienced. It would be a the day that science finally can come to terms with the mystical sides of life.

• Like 7

So somewhere out there is another me who didn't cross paths with a rogue dentist who ruined my teeth, I didn't develop agoraphobia, and so on! But by the same token there must be a me in far worse state than I have been in this universe! Best to be happy with what we have got.....maybe?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ExoPaul said:

Once we're able to scientifically reproduce a paranormal effect we will be able to drop the para. We are expanding our understanding everyday. Imagine explaining to to someone just 200 years ago that time moves more quickly or slowly depending on where you are and how fast you're going. You would be labeled a crackpot because the phenomenon would not be observable. 

There are universal human experiences that we label as 'fantasy' and 'imagination' today that might well be exposed as a real phenomenon someday. Who knows?

Personally, I've always been fascinated by why so many people believe in the paranormal. Is it just mass delusion?

• Like 7

Parallel universes DO exist claimed by a THEORY??? Ok, if you say so....

• Like 2

There's a theory that this universe exists. It's called The Standard Model.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, P.Nomenon said:

Parallel universes DO exist claimed by a THEORY??? Ok, if you say so....

In scientific terms a theory is something which has been proven to be probable. In this case with the use of mathematics and other tested scientific theories, which is then put out to be tested by other scientists who may prove or disprove its probability.

So in every day terms, when someone says I have a theory, they actually mean they have an idea.

Scientific theory has had to be tested and proven probable before it's called theory. It's an idea with meat on its bones.

Edited by Kismit
  • Like 4

I know what a theory is. I was just poking fun at the title.

• Like 3

I guess when you're born into some particular universe, that's your universe. But if I'm also born in multiple universes, why do I feel I'm me in only this universe? In other words, all the other me's are really not me. They're like twins of me. There 's only one me, and that's me, but I suppose all the other me's think the same.

Another thing is, they all have different life experiences than I have had, so this distances them even more from me. I wonder what is the identical part of all of us that exists despite our different lives?

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, StarMountainKid said:

I guess when you're born into some particular universe, that's your universe. But if I'm also born in multiple universes, why do I feel I'm me in only this universe? In other words, all the other me's are really not me. They're like twins of me. There 's only one me, and that's me, but I suppose all the other me's think the same.

Another thing is, they all have different life experiences than I have had, so this distances them even more from me. I wonder what is the identical part of all of us that exists despite our different lives?

There is a school of thought (fringe) that in the situation you describe there is a "higher self" that is aware of all the iterations of you, and if we train ourselves (meditation? prayer?), we can tap into that and glean wisdom from it. Very sci-fi.

One example of many: http://www.michaelteachings.com/parallel-universes.html

Note: this is NOT something I believe, nor is it an endorsement of the above link. Just passing on stuff I've heard/read over the years.

• Like 1

StarMountainKid

I think the fact that they have changed the model to, interactive parallel universe, from just plain parallel universe could help explain it. Looks like the new theory is hinting at a more connected multi universe theory.

Edited by Kismit
  • Like 3

What if each of us lives alone in our own universe , but were at a nexus that allows each of us to interact as if it's one universe?

• Like 7

35 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

What if each of us lives alone in our own universe ...

I think some of the posters to UM definitely live alone in their own universe!

• Like 5

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked