Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Parallel universes are real, claim scientists

UM-Bot

I'm not an expert in QM, but I think all this parallel universe stuff originates in the mysteries of quantum mechanics. In one quantum event there exist probabilities of the event will occur in several ways. The event occurs in one particular way instead of a different but sometimes less probable way. Although in some instances the event will occur in the less probable way than in the more probable way.

One cannot predict with certainty how the event ill occur, only probabilities can be calculated. A theory is, all quantum probabilities occur in different universes in which they do occur. This seems to me a complex scenario. If every quantum event probabilities occur in different universes, taking to mind all the quantum events occurring all the time in this universe plus all the quantum events that have occurred since the creation of this universe, that's a lot of universes.

Then keep in mind all these other universes wherein all their quantum events are occurring in them continuously...

I would rather suspect all the quantum events that occur in this universe stay in this universe. The probabilities that do not occur in this universe just didn't happen. I think there are many other universes than this one, but that they are all separate and self-contained.

I could be mistaken, of course.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

What if each of us lives alone in our own universe , but were at a nexus that allows each of us to interact as if it's one universe?

And then people complains about over population! 

5 hours ago, Calibeliever said:

Imagine explaining to to someone just 200 years ago that time moves more quickly or slowly depending on where you are and how fast you're going. You would be labeled a crackpot because the phenomenon would not be observable. 

Naaaaa, just burned on a stake! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Calibeliever said:

See solipsism :)

I'm not nearly creative enough to so flatter myself.

9 hours ago, UM-Bot said:

The 'many interacting worlds' theory ties quantum physics to the idea of countless parallel universes.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/301137/parallel-universes-are-real-claim-scientists

Never fond of the many worlds interpretation (MWI), I believe a variant based upon will realizable

when pertinent to life-shaping or -altering choices.  The Brane Multiverse most appeals to me.

Whatever types of parallel universes exist, those conceivable by me are contingently interactive.

2 hours ago, Kismit said:

StarMountainKid

I think the fact that they have changed the model to, interactive parallel universe, from just plain parallel universe could help explain it. Looks like the new theory is hinting at a more connected multi universe theory.

Yes, I expect the interjection of the word interactive meant to imply the hypothesis of planned experiments.

So then in another universe, Hilary Clinton is elected president.:rofl:

7 hours ago, StarMountainKid said:

I'm not an expert in QM, but I think all this parallel universe stuff originates in the mysteries of quantum mechanics. In one quantum event there exist probabilities of the event will occur in several ways. The event occurs in one particular way instead of a different but sometimes less probable way. Although in some instances the event will occur in the less probable way than in the more probable way.

One cannot predict with certainty how the event ill occur, only probabilities can be calculated. A theory is, all quantum probabilities occur in different universes in which they do occur. This seems to me a complex scenario. If every quantum event probabilities occur in different universes, taking to mind all the quantum events occurring all the time in this universe plus all the quantum events that have occurred since the creation of this universe, that's a lot of universes.

Then keep in mind all these other universes wherein all their quantum events are occurring in them continuously...

I would rather suspect all the quantum events that occur in this universe stay in this universe. The probabilities that do not occur in this universe just didn't happen. I think there are many other universes than this one, but that they are all separate and self-contained.

I could be mistaken, of course.

I think there may some type of worm holes or black hole like things that exist  at a quantum level that can traverse the time and space barriers of our universe and other dimensions of existence.

If the speculated universes are related as in alternate selves or events being different, they would have to be interlinked to each other, wouldn't they?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, White Unicorn said:

I think there may some type of worm holes or black hole like things that exist  at a quantum level that can traverse the time and space barriers of our universe and other dimensions of existence.

If the speculated universes are related as in alternate selves or events being different, they would have to be interlinked to each other, wouldn't they?

Could be some interrelationship we don't understand as yet. We think our scientific understanding of the universe defines reality, but reality could be something deeper and all-inclusive. Reality could be a background or environment in which all this universe stuff is happening.

This could imply the universe stuff is interlinked or all one process.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Ryu said:

Hmm..what makes these "scientists" assume that other worlds exist when we haven't even fully figured out our own planet and solar system?

Quantum mechanics, which seems to work in our universe and the math behind it.  I am bad at analogies, but I'll try.  Remember those old high school algebra equations?  For example: 4A + B =15.  Is there more than one solution?  Yes.  A could be 1 and B could be 11. 4+11=15 That works.   A could be 2 and B could be 7. 8+7=15.  That works too.  In fact there are and infinite number of solutions.  If A=100 then B = -385, and so on. 

Our universe is one solution to an equation in which the variables are universal constants like the charge on an electron, the mass of a proton, the gravitational constant, the speed of light and so on.  As those constants vary, an infinite number of solutions are generated to the equation of what makes a universe.  All of them seem as valid as the one we are familiar with.  There is no apparent bias to say that our universe is the preferred state of matter.  That's only one of several chains of logic that lead to multiple universes.   

• Like 7

7 hours ago, lilspooky said:

Sliderssss

Took the word out of my mouth lol !

7 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Our universe is one solution to an equation in which the variables are universal constants like the charge on an electron, the mass of a proton, the gravitational constant, the speed of light and so on.  As those constants vary ...

How can a constant vary?

9 hours ago, lilspooky said:

Sliderssss

Sliders using the Matrix LOL

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 8:17 AM, ExoPaul said:

Always wonder if ghosts are just flickers of another parallel universe coming through? 

Or whether a psychic medium is actually contacting the dead, or just an alternate version of the dead person that is still alive in another world. 

I've always wondered about that as well. I guess another theory for some paranormal events would be time intersecting with itself as all of time is supposedly all happening at once.  It's our perception that's linear.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, paperdyer said:

I've always wondered about that as well. I guess another theory for some paranormal events would be time intersecting with itself as all of time is supposedly all happening at once.  It's our perception that's linear.

An interesting idea. To expand on that, what if the mind is entangled with itself on a quantum level in different space/times?

• Like 1

On ‎29‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 2:40 AM, StarMountainKid said:

I guess when you're born into some particular universe, that's your universe. But if I'm also born in multiple universes, why do I feel I'm me in only this universe? In other words, all the other me's are really not me. They're like twins of me. There 's only one me, and that's me, but I suppose all the other me's think the same.

Another thing is, they all have different life experiences than I have had, so this distances them even more from me. I wonder what is the identical part of all of us that exists despite our different lives?

they would be you.. and not you..

you feel that you are the only one in this universe because you are the only one in this universe..

its basically like this..

One day you got up at 4.35am

the alternate you got up at 4.36am

in another you hit snooze and did not get up till 6am

yet another you did not get up at all.

think of a book.. page one is this universe.. page 2 is the next with only a slight change and each page another universe with more differences.

I like to think that there would be one universe where I did not get run over when I was 5 (across my legs.. stuffed my knees up) would really be interesting to see how his life would be different..

19 hours ago, paperdyer said:

another one, is deja vu a experience we feel because our alternate has done it and we are picking up on their memories on a quantum level.

• Like 3

It is important to realize that there is a difference between parallel universes interacting and parallel universes connecting.  The new theory proposes that the universes interact, in that each one repulses the other away.  They don't connect, as in allowing any sort of transfer between one and the other.  No, ghosts, dreams, sliders, none of that is part of the new theory.

Think about it this way:  one of the theories about how the universe began in the first place proposes that it was the result of two dimensions "touching", which created the massive amount of energy we refer to as the Big Bang.  That's what happens when something from one dimension touches something from another.

• Like 5

Thank you aquatus. I had spent a few hours trying to find more information on line so I could get a better understanding . 

• Like 3

Hey guys, the fact that parallel universes are real is also shown in this book:

Thiaoouba Prophecy

I personally believe in the claims of the author. You decide for yourself. It is a TRUE story for me...

Edited by Avinash Suresh

1 hour ago, Avinash Suresh said:

Hey guys, the fact that parallel universes are real is also shown in this book:

Thiaoouba Prophecy

I personally believe in the claims of the author. You decide for yourself. It is a TRUE story for me...

And the force is real as shown by Star Wars.

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked