Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Parallel universes are real, claim scientists

UM-Bot

31 minutes ago, Avinash Suresh said:

Yes, it didn't support... so what? They are trying again. It is too quick to comment on this issue.

It is just like saying atoms involve stationary waves, but experiment done by Bohr doesn't prove this. So what? Does it really mean atom is not made up of stationary waves?

You realise the string theories assert 1-dimensional objects make up quantum particles? That sounds like materialism to me.

3 minutes ago, Avinash Suresh said:

Experiments as well as experiences, both supporting the theory.

But you can't list them. Except for a book from a charlatan who doesn't know that the holographic universe is.

Edited by Rlyeh

Just now, Rlyeh said:

You realise the string theories assert 1-dimensional objects make up quantum particles? That sounds like materialism to me.

What one dimensional object are you talking about?

Just now, Rlyeh said:

But you can't list them. Except for a book from a charlatan.

It's listed in the book. Will you please take the effort to read it before commenting?

1 minute ago, Avinash Suresh said:

What one dimensional object are you talking about?

Strings.  

2 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

But you can't list them. Except for a book from a charlatan who doesn't know that the holographic universe is.

It is not from the author. He is just reporting the findings of physicists.

It's listed in the book. Will you please take the effort to read it before commenting?

The book that starts from the position of misrepresenting the holographic principle. If the author can't get the main subject right what good is the rest of the information?

Just now, Rlyeh said:

The book that starts from the position of misrepresenting the holographic principle. If the author can't get the main subject right what good is the rest of the information?

It is that exact attitude that doesn't allow you to take in new information. Are you sure about all the theories? What if some theory is making an assumption that has gone unaddressed?

I just don't understand... If you know that all theories are subject to change, what problem do you have to considert new, totally different theories?

Just now, Avinash Suresh said:

It is that exact attitude that doesn't allow you to take in new information. Are you sure about all the theories? What if some theory is making an assumption that has gone unaddressed?

I just don't understand... If you know that all theories are subject to change, what problem do you have to considert new, totally different theories?

So you have no problem with people making things up? I want my information to be consistent. You posted a book from a proponent of mysticism who is misrepresenting the holographic principle to attack materialism.

The holographic principle is the idea that 3 dimensional space is made up from physical information on a 2 dimensional surface. Materialism asserts that everything is made up or derived from matter or material, the holographic principle doesn't oppose this.

The strings are vibrating...

It speaks about different kinds of "string" objects.

Edited by Rlyeh

1 minute ago, Rlyeh said:

So you have no problem with people making things up? I want my information to be consistent. You posted a book from a proponent of mysticism who is misrepresenting the holographic principle to attack materialism.

Do you think all of that has been imagined? And I googled. Physicist named David Bohm did exist:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Bohm

Do you think all of that has been imagined? And I googled. Physicist named David Bohm did exist:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Bohm

Are you imagining something? The author is Michael Talbot.

Just now, Rlyeh said:

Are you imagining something? The author is Michael Talbot.

Read what's given inside, not the name given on the cover.

Vibrations lead me to frequency and energy.

That's nice. I'm not sure why you're telling me this. Energy is a property of something.

Read what's given inside, not the name given on the cover.

When it started talking about the mind and psychology it became apparent it wasn't about the holographic universe at all.

That's nice. I'm not sure why you're telling me this. Energy is a property of something.

It again shows(me) that everything in this world is made up of energy.

When it started talking about the mind and psychology it became apparent it wasn't about the holographic universe at all.

It is... may be not as you know it. But still, you can consider that theory?

It again shows(me) that everything in this world is made up of energy.

Did you miss that energy is a property? In this case property of "strings".

Just now, Rlyeh said:

Did you miss that energy is a property? In this case property of "strings".

Yes, but there is something which drives the strings to vibrate. And that thing is energy.

I mean, strings are not creating energy, but energy is creating strings.

What I mean is, energy is not property of matter but matter is property of energy.

It is... may be not as you know it. But still, you can consider that theory?

And not by the concept of the holographic principle. I'll consider this quantum quackery as much as the flat earth theory.

Just now, Rlyeh said:

And not by the concept of the holographic principle. I'll consider this quantum quackery as much as the flat earth theory.

Why do you judge by appearances?