Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Help wanted

preacherman76

Hey guys, I hope everyone is doing well.

Im going to be wrapping up a book Im writing by this winter. It seemed for a while I was going to be able to get illustrations for it with no problem. However nothing has panned out. I need a artists to draw a few pics pertaining to sleep paralysis and astral projection. If anyone is interested, Ill send you a couple stories printed in the book, and you can take it from there. I don't have a lot of money to spend, but if somehow the book does well I will certainly make it worth your wild. Thanks ahead of time for any responses. Get ahold of me here, or by PM.

• Like 3

Good luck with that, but I can't imagine an artist is going to give you free labor or credit.  Artists need to eat too.

9 minutes ago, aquatus1 said:

Good luck with that, but I can't imagine an artist is going to give you free labor or credit.  Artists need to eat too.

Thanks

I didn't ask for them to be free. I just said I didn't have a lot of money. What I meant is if we can come to a low price, just enough for it to be worth it to someone, Id make up for the low price should the book make any money. Id never ask for such a thing completely free of charge.

• Like 1

I am not an artist, but wish you luck with your book. :tu: 

• Like 4

If I was an artist, I would voluntarily, draw something for your book.

But unfortunately I'm not the person you seek.

Are you looking for a professional, or someone who can draw very well??

• Like 2

Again, good luck with the book (that sounds a bit Father Tedish), thing is if you're trying to have this published by someone else, they aren't going to want you to provide illustrations, they'll do that. Or are you planning to self publish? 

Either way I think you should make that distinction. But I do wish you the best of luck in what you're doing. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

I am not an artist, but wish you luck with your book. :tu: 

Thank you. Im pretty excited about it. I put it away since the end of last winter, as my work schedule gets crazy in those months. So when I pulled it back up to start working on it again over the weekend, I was cringing, thinking reading it again I would think it was crap. I tried to look at it as unbiased as I could, and couldn't help but to think it was pretty good. Especially for my first try. Thanks again FTR, that means a lot to me.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MissJatti said:

If I was an artist, I would voluntarily, draw something for your book.

But unfortunately I'm not the person you seek.

Are you looking for a professional, or someone who can draw very well??

Awe thanks for saying so.

Just a few basic decent drawings will do, definitely doesn't have to be professional.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, oldrover said:

Again, good luck with the book (that sounds a bit Father Tedish), thing is if you're trying to have this published by someone else, they aren't going to want you to provide illustrations, they'll do that. Or are you planning to self publish? 

Either way I think you should make that distinction. But I do wish you the best of luck in what you're doing. 

Well of course anyone who writes a book would want it published by a company. And I will try to make that happen. From what I understand its a pretty tough club to get into though, so Im going to start by self publish. Ive seen quite a few books do really well that are self published. Ive also seen a couple books that are SP, eventually get picked up by a publisher.

Honestly if I even just got maybe a couple hundred people to read, and hopefully like it, my ego will be satisfied lol.

I gotta say though, this is the first work Ive ever done, where it wasn't really about the money at all. First time I did something just for the sake of passion. Just cause I really wanted to accomplish it, on a subject I love. If that's all that ever comes of it, that will be fine too.

9 minutes ago, aquatus1 said:

So, is there any particular style or subject matter you are looking for?

As far as style, I'll say the same thing I used to say to my band members. That's completely up to the artist. I don't tell them how to do their thing. Subject matter I thought Id send a couple stories, written by other UM members that were very visual as you read them. A couple people took my requests very seriously, and Id like for the pics to reflect a couple of those stories.

For the cover, I really just don't know yet. Heck I haven't even settled on a title yet. I wanted to go with Altered States, but its been used, several times.

The book is about my personal journey with sleep paralysis and astral projection, as well as experiences others have had.

Hey Preacherman, great of you, we don't have enough people like you taking a large amount of time to put their thoughts (research, experience, others) in a book.  Unfortunately, I'm not an artist, I did work on Photoshop and Illustrator a while back.

Best of book for you!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Hyades said:

Hey Preacherman, great of you, we don't have enough people like you taking a large amount of time to put their thoughts (research, experience, others) in a book.  Unfortunately, I'm not an artist, I did work on Photoshop and Illustrator a while back.

Best of book for you!

Thanks for saying so Hyades. I floated the idea for a couple years, but it was like a pipe dream. Then from all people I heard Will Smith tell a story about how his Father made him and his brothers lay a brick wall. It took them a long time, but they had to do it. He told them though, instead of thinking about the wall as a whole, picture building it one brick at a time. At the end of the story, when the wall was finished, his Father brought them out to look at it, and told them" now don't ever let me hear you say you cant do something, cause you can do anything, if you take it one brick at a time." Something about that rang true to me. So instead of sitting down to write a book, I sat down to just write a page. That's how I went about it. I'll be damned 2 years later I can see the finish line.

If you wanted to take a whack at it, Id definitely give it a serious look.

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, preacherman76 said:

Thanks

I didn't ask for them to be free. I just said I didn't have a lot of money. What I meant is if we can come to a low price, just enough for it to be worth it to someone, Id make up for the low price should the book make any money. Id never ask for such a thing completely free of charge.

Just to add here, the artist would get full credit as well.

43 minutes ago, oldrover said:

What sort of thing are you after? Black and white or full colour? 

I really don't like to tell artists what to do more then just giving a very general direction. Its up to the potential artist. If they are decent then it doesn't matter either way.  

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I've been insanely busy with my art lately. Animation, tattoo commissions, commissioned paintings BUT I'm up for the challenge. I won't be able to get it all done immediately but I will put some quality effort into making sure it looks nice. PM me here if you want (if you're still looking for someone) and I can get back to you sometime tomorrow (will bee sleeping soon).

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Skulduggery said:

I've been insanely busy with my art lately. Animation, tattoo commissions, commissioned paintings BUT I'm up for the challenge. I won't be able to get it all done immediately but I will put some quality effort into making sure it looks nice. PM me here if you want (if you're still looking for someone) and I can get back to you sometime tomorrow (will bee sleeping soon).

Cool, I'll hit u up first thing in the morning. Thanks man

• Like 1