Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hijabi in Miss Minnesota USA pageant

AdealJustice

15 minutes ago, AdealJustice said:

Have you looked at the Quran? and the Sahih Hadith? do you know what Seera are? It is blatantly written in open view to see. We just buy into the religious marketing. 
If you are familliar with these scriptures then we should definitely delve into them. 

I've read things in the Torah, the Bible, the Talmud, and the Qu'ran we shouldn't practice and couldn't legally practice if we wanted to. 

They incite hate against non believers regularly and proudly.

Or not.  

If there's a lack of evidence with well over a billion cases, then one should be more careful with the "they"s.

Yes, they do. Ive been to popular sunni mosques in pakistan, canada, the u.s and the uk.  Islamabad, Lahore, Gujrat, Toronto, Missusauga, guelph, waterloo, cambridge, london, basildon, new jersey, etc

Some of those have nothing to do with western culture.   Let's stick with the ones over here in western culture.   Which popular mosques?   How about a popular one in the US since we're in the US forum?

Have i mentioned any use of force in any of my past discussions about Islam? No. Why would i use force in this scenario? People must simply be informed about the subject. Empowerment through knowledge, a transparent and objective study of islam rather than the rose colored glasses version thats currently being fed to us.

About force, you hadn't specified, so that's why I asked. 

Objectively and transparently, we've got a girl wearing a Burkini and a Hijab in a beauty contest and a lot of political hay being thrown around about it.   I don't see what the rose colored glasses are in this OP aside from the beauty pageant itself.    For the record, you're trying to suggest there's a problem by using a girl who wore the wrong thing at a beauty pageant.  

• Like 2

When will this Islamic idiocy be stopped?

This is the first sentence in the OP.   To be stopped implies force. 

But I ask anyway, just to be sure.

• Like 1

I wouldn't enter a contest where a bathing suit competition was integral to the decision if I wasn't able or willing to abide by the standards.

I'm not fond of beauty pageants, but there are a lot of things that disqualify many women from participating, including plastic surgery and age.

Equal opportunity is wonderful until you try to revamp the entire structure of an established criteria. Is the next step to allow drag queens?

Not that there is anything wrong with that. I know and love a few of them. :P

• Like 2

Maybe Donald Trump could launch a "Beautiful at 50-Plus" event.   "The First Annual 50+ American Woman's beauty queen pageant."

"Are you over the age of 50, and still beautiful?   This could be your time to finally enjoy the life you've always dreamed of!"

For the swimsuit competition, they'd all look better in the Burkini, "let me tell you."

But it will provide a steady stream of girlfriend material for the President, reducing his stress load, and improving the safetee of every American. 

"Even if you don't win, if I invite you to stay for free at my hotel, you still win."

• Like 1

The big picture ....

~

What beauty pageant does Donald Trump own?
The Miss USA is an American beauty pageant has been held annually since 1952 to select the American entrant in the Miss Universe pageant. The Miss Universe Organization operates both pageants, as well as Miss Teen USA. The pageant was owned by Donald Trump from 1996 to 2015, and was previously broadcast on NBC.

~

:yes:

~

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Yamato said:

Maybe Donald Trump could launch a "Beautiful at 50-Plus" event.   "The First Annual 50+ American Woman's beauty queen pageant."

"Are you over the age of 50, and still beautiful?   This could be your time to finally enjoy the life you've always dreamed of!"

For the swimsuit competition, they'd all look better in the Burkini, "let me tell you."

But it will provide a steady stream of girlfriend material for the President, reducing his stress load, and improving the safetee of every American. 

"Even if you don't win, if I invite you to stay for free at my hotel, you still win."

Talk about ignorant and biased....lol

• Like 2

12 hours ago, AdealJustice said:

Have you looked at the Quran? and the Sahih Hadith? do you know what Seera are? It is blatantly written in open view to see. We just buy into the religious marketing. 
If you are familliar with these scriptures then we should definitely delve into them. 

Yes, they do. Ive been to popular sunni mosques in pakistan, canada, the u.s and the uk.  Islamabad, Lahore, Gujrat, Toronto, Missusauga, guelph, waterloo, cambridge, london, basildon, new jersey, etc

They incite hate against non believers regularly and proudly. They wouldn't incite violence openly against the westerners but they would definitely insinuate that most westerners are non believers against whom we should protect against as these scriptural authorities advise and should make it a duty to follow the these "Sacred" scriptures on how to deal with individuals..  Most people aren't dumb enough or psychotic enough to simply jump up to kill random innocent people but its increasing. This is why we must support critique of islam and empower reformer from within. Small minorities of muslims everywhere aren't simply with the mainstream islam aka Sunnism, Shiaism, Wahabism, etc There are secular muslims, atheist muslims, progressive muslims,"liberal" muslims ,etc but they are on the fringes and definitely aren't accepted open heartedly among mainstream islam. They are viewed as manipulators of the faith and the quran with its concrete interpretation withe use of the Sahih Hadith, Seera  its the ultimate authority. 

Have i mentioned any use of force in any of my past discussions about Islam? No. Why would i use force in this scenario? People must simply be informed about the subject. Empowerment through knowledge, a transparent and objective study of islam rather than the rose colored glasses version thats currently being fed to us. 

First of all, in western society what is the standard of beauty, what dictates the right beauty and etiquette? How do you contend with western values such as freedom of religion and expression, does this only apply to non muslims in western society?

Secondly, you claim to have read many Islamic scriptures, I personally think this is a hollow a claim. You can load a donkey with books it does not mean he has read them or understand them. I am not calling you a donkey by the way. I will deal with the element later in our discourse.....

Thirdly, Western society is based on humanism, secularism and liberal values, within this context, there is no restriction for dress code etc. Anything goes, the fact it angers you that a hijabi has presented herself in the contest shows your narrow mindedness and western cultural references and nuances are being used as a cop out. BEAUTY is the eye of the beholder! You clearly don't understand western values and philosophy as well as Islamic culture and varying nuances throughout world. A third of the population of earth are muslims, whether you like it or not and as a result many variations in practise and cultural nuances.

Finally, I would really like to know how you get atheist muslims or secular muslims? Liberal muslims and progressive muslims are titles given to muslims by the west, ironic really when you think about, an almost diametrically opposite culture and value system, dictating what another culture and people should have as their values.

I am not having a pop at you by the way, just trying to fully understand your hate for islam and muslims, maybe you had a bad experience as a kid growing up and now superimpose that experience on a third of the earths population and their religion.

I find it funny that women can be ridiculed for putting more clothes on, but the moment their off, they are beautiful and appropriate. If she turned up naked in the contest, you would not bat an eye lid.

Edited by Khanivore
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Yamato said:

he is too busy now with running a country and all that, but you know we have tons of women equality fighters, they should launch that. 

Enter a beauty contest but don't show your face.  

Takes a certain kind of idiot.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Myles said:

Enter a beauty contest but don't show your face.  

Takes a certain kind of idiot.  

She is wearing a Hijab, head cover, not a niqab, which covers the face.....Face Palm!!!

• Like 2

they cover their entire body. judges do not judge their outfits, but their body. if they can not show it they do not belong there,

Related image

Edited by aztek

4 minutes ago, aztek said:

they cover their entire body. judges do not judge their outfits, but their body. if they can not show it they do not belong there,

Related image

Beauty is in the Eye of the beholder....why do we have to judge beauty based on baring the body? Is that what beauty really is?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Khanivore said:

Beauty is in the Eye of the beholder....why do we have to judge beauty based on baring the body? Is that what beauty really is?

when it comes to a beauty pageant, than strong yes. 

Edited by aztek
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, aztek said:

when it comes to a beauty pageant, than strong yes. 

Why? Is it a nude contest or bikini contest.

You have beauty pageants for kids as well, do they need to expose their bodies in order for you to accept their beauty?

Do you measure beauty based on the body, or the person as a whole?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Khanivore said:

Why? Is it a nude contest or bikini contest.

You have beauty pageants for kids as well, do they need to expose their bodies in order for you to accept their beauty?

Do you measure beauty based on the body, or the person as a whole?

the contest is about beauty based on the body, mainly.  yes they need to be exposed so we can see,  that  is how it is in our culture.  if i do not see that i will switch the channel. i have absolutely no interest to see someone in full body dress and headgear. not unless it is a fashion show.,

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Yamato said:

I've read things in the Torah, the Bible, the Talmud, and the Qu'ran we shouldn't practice and couldn't legally practice if we wanted to. 

Agreed. I'm not defending other scriptures? why get so defensive over critique of this religion?

Or not.  

If there's a lack of evidence with well over a billion cases, then one should be more careful with the "they"s.

Or yes, unless you have ur head under a rock I'm surprised you haven't noticed.  Are homosexuals, atheists, critics of islam safe in muslim countries? Blasphemy laws? etc..

Some of those have nothing to do with western culture.   Let's stick with the ones over here in western culture.   Which popular mosques?   How about a popular one in the US since we're in the US forum?

This seems to be an international forum .  Would you now like me to list the prominent names of the mosques in those list of cities and then provide quotes at the exact time these things were said? Just curious, what is your belief system?

you're trying to suggest there's a problem by using a girl who wore the wrong thing at a beauty pageant.  

Yeah. I'm using one example, this one being a hijabi at a beauty pageant.

Edited by AdealJustice
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, aztek said:

the contest is about beauty based on the body, mainly.  yes they need to be exposed so we can see,  that  is how it is in our culture.  if i do not see that i will switch the channel. i have absolutely no interest to see someone in full body dress and headgear. not unless it is a fashion show.,

Does the same apply to kids beauty pageant, which you conveniently avoided, is that also a part of your culture? Beauty is subjective, what you deem constitutes beauty, is simply your opinion, but it is not valid or strong enough objection to not let someone like her participate, because your other cultural values such as freedom of expression, equality etc far out weight a subjective opinion like yours. Get over it, this is secularism.

Just now, Khanivore said:

Does the same apply to kids beauty pageant, which you conveniently avoided, 

the topic has nothing to do with kids contests, pay attention. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Khanivore said:

Secondly, you claim to have read many Islamic scriptures, I personally think this is a hollow a claim. You can load a donkey with books it does not mean he has read them or understand them. I am not calling you a donkey by the way. I will deal with the element later in our discourse.....

Why because if I did read them i'd be an avid muslim? Obviously those who read these scriptures cannot simply walk away from allahs light LOL.  cmon.

Thirdly, Western society is based on humanism, secularism and liberal values, within this context, there is no restriction for dress code etc

Thankfully they are, for if they were based on Islamic values all there would be were restrictions .

Finally, I would really like to know how you get atheist muslims or secular muslims? Liberal muslims and progressive muslims are titles given to muslims by the west, ironic really when you think about, an almost diametrically opposite culture and value system, dictating what another culture and people should have as their values.

Are you a Sunni? or Shia? Wahabi? 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ali-a-rizvi/why-i-decided-to-call-myself-an-atheist-muslim_b_3261226.html 

Ali a Rizvi is a notable Atheist muslim by title amongst many other people. Most people don't blatantly out themselves for fear of isolation from their families ,etc .

I am not having a pop at you by the way, just trying to fully understand your hate for islam and muslims, maybe you had a bad experience as a kid growing up and now superimpose that experience on a third of the earths population and their religion.

Lol a generic muslim response to critic of islam and the general muslim populous. I do not hate muslims. You aren't having a pop at me? You've taken this entire thread to heart, some insecurity related to your belief?

I find it funny that women can be ridiculed for putting more clothes on, but the moment their off, they are beautiful and appropriate. If she turned up naked in the contest, you would not bat an eye lid.

I have not ridiculed her for putting more clothes on in her day to day life. Look closer, your religion is getting in the way of reasoning.

Edited by AdealJustice
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Khanivore said:

because your other cultural values such as freedom of expression, equality etc far out weight a subjective opinion like yours.

lmao, the whole show is based on ME watching it, if i do not see what i like i will turn it off, no viewers,no ratings, no ratings, no money, no money  no show. accept it get over it and move on.

• Like 2

this guy has ignored all the discourse and has jumped to accusations. the evident reflection of general muslim insecurity when speaking of their beliefs and scriptures, traditions and rituals.  the guy's head isn't up his ass, its up the ass of his scriptures and religion.

"Jinns exist, and are dangerous."

- Khanivore / Mainstream Islam.

"Lord Xeno Exists and is Dangerous"

- Tom Cruise / Scientology

Edited by AdealJustice
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, third_eye said:

The big picture ....

:yes:

~

haha I just caught that. xD

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, aztek said:

the topic has nothing to do with kids contests, pay attention. 

I know but I'm asking how you judge beauty so what about kids in a pageant if your culture dictates that bodies need to be exposed to judge beauty then does it apply to them?  if not then your talking bs about how it is a cultural value in the west. 

7 minutes ago, Khanivore said:

I know but I'm asking how you judge beauty so what about kids 

i told you twice before it has nothing to do with kids. are you slow or what?

you have some sick interest with kids  being exposed, in this culture we call it pedophilia, and it is a crime.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked