Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gen. "Mad Dog" Mattis Secretary of Defense

Yamato

If you are going to start a war you should be in it to win it.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Ashotep said:

1 hour ago, aztek said:

excellent choice,  it is about time we start finishing wars we started

But we didn't start the war.  As it happened after 9/11 individuals  took approaches that lead to everything now & for what reasons is something other but, we didn't start this war.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lilly said:

My opinion: Let's just say you're going to be in a dog fight with a crazed killer Pit Bull. Now, you have to bring a dog to this fight...do you bring a crazed killer Rottweiler or a fluffy little Poodle?

Trump wants to do in the crazed killer Pit Bull that's ISIS and he just picked himself a crazed killer Rottweiler to do the job. Good choice IMO.

All of his picks seem to be pit bulls.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ashotep said:

Just now, Ellapennella said:

But we didn't start the war.  As it happened after 9/11 individuals  took approaches that lead to everything now & for what reasons is something other but, we didn't start this war.

We didnt start ANY wars. What weve been doing is starting military actions which are guaranteed to spread into other conflicts which will keep the military industrial complex making money perpetually. Winning isnt the goal, profits are. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

The Iraq war we started, they had nothing to do with 9/11.  We meddled in Libya, Syria, funded rebels that are now terrorists.  We supported the Muslim Brotherhood and look what happened in Egypt.  We have a big hand in what is going on.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Ashotep said:

The Iraq war we started, they had nothing to do with 9/11.  We meddled in Libya, Syria, funded rebels that are now terrorists.  We supported the Muslim Brotherhood and look what happened in Egypt.  We have a big hand in what is going on.

That's why i said that we didn't start this war but the approaches they took lead to other things. I still don't understand why Bush went into Iraq instead of where? .

There's only one individual that i know of that went over all of this    and that was general Clark.  My question is , why ? why was he permitted to share in that information?  It just seems weird    like it would cause backlash or something on the country. I really don't know what to make of it all. 

General Wesley Clark tells of how Middle East destabilization was planned as far back as 1991

According to former NATO Commander General Wesley Clark

Edited by Ellapennella
  • Like 2

Just now, Ellapennella said:

That's why i said that we didn't start this war but the approaches they took lead to other things. I still don't understand why Bush went into Iraq instead of where? .

I believe it was a combination of protecting the petro dollar same reason we're in Kosovo, Syria and Libya and creating a playground in the region for the alphabet agencies .Don't forget there would be no ISIS if not for our actions in Iraq. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I believe it was a combination of protecting the petro dollar same reason we're in Kosovo, Syria and Libya and creating a playground in the region for the alphabet agencies .Don't forget there would be no ISIS if not for our actions in Iraq. 

Clark mentioned this name I googled it. I haven't heard of it.

• Like 1

Seems like a logical choice to me. The man dedicated his entire life to the Marine Corps. You certainly wouldn't want to appoint a florist for a job like that. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Ashotep said:

If you start a war you have already lost, whatever the outcome ....

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Essan said:

If you start a war you have already lost, whatever the outcome ....

yea, sure and if you kill your enemy he wins, lol.  how do people come up with baloney like that, unbelievable.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, aztek said:

yea, sure and if you kill your enemy he wins, lol.  how do people come up with baloney like that, unbelievable.

War and violence damages your soul. You are never the same again. You lose who you were. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

War and violence damages your soul. You are never the same again. You lose who you were. 

yea so,  i change, even if i become different who is to say it is for the worst?  who said that a person i was before was a better person?

7 hours ago, Essan said:

But Mad Dog says Iran is "the single most enduring threat to stability and peace in the Middle East".  Not Daesh.

Iran are fighting Daesh.

Do the maths, as they say ...

He should have said Saudi Arabia AND Iran.

Both support their brand of extremists, both fight against extremists that aren't allied with them. Good old Sunni/Wahabism vs Shiaism. Islams history is riddled with over a 1000 year + conflict that's still being waged.

Edited by AdealJustice
  • Like 4

Just now, aztek said:

yea so,  i change, even if i become different who is to say it is for the worst?  who said that a person i was before was a better person?

Science mostly, but thats backed up by the insane amount of veteran suicides which are somewhere around 20 PER DAY, and veteran homeless and skyrocketing veteran domestic violence rates. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

Science mostly, but thats backed up by the insane amount of veteran suicides which are somewhere around 20 PER DAY, and veteran homeless and skyrocketing veteran domestic violence rates. 

well, that is true, however veterans with ptsd amount to about 15%, give or take few. even smaller % is suicides, so 85%+ vets are just fine. so maybe just maybe those 15% are the people who really should have not been fighting wars, not everyone is fit for that mentally.. actually suicide ratio increased 25% overall in usa in last 15 years, so it is not just veterans problem. 

Just now, aztek said:

well, that is true, however veterans with ptsd amount to about 15%, give or take few. even smaller % is suicides, so 85%+ vets are just fine. so maybe just maybe those 15% are the people who really should have not been fighting wars, not everyone is fit for that mentally.. actually suicide ratio increased 25% overall in usa in last 15 years, so it is not just veterans problem. 

Its funny I actually typed out but then erased : Sure there are some who come through just fine. Theyre called liars and psychopaths. 

In reality though PTSD is a b****, many dont realize they have it until YEARS after the events that caused it. Many lie or are in denial about it because, ya know we're men and who needs that touchy feely stuff . 

Do your numbers represent veterans overall or just those who saw combat? 

• Like 1

i was talking about combat veterans, so yea naturally they saw combat

so in your opinion those that come out without any mental  disorder are liars and psychopaths ?????  that is interesting opinion. 

i wonder what vets on this site have to say about that.

• Like 1

He reminds me a lot of general Patton honestly 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, aztek said:

i was talking about combat veterans, so yea naturally they saw combat

so in your opinion those that come out without any mental  disorder are liars and psychopaths ?????  that is interesting opinion. 

i wonder what vets on this site have to say about that.

There is a reason I didnt include it in my original post, its an awful topic, men dont like dealing with it so any numbers you read about PTSD are going to be extremely skewed.  .  Im not being hyperbolic or antagonistic here , I deal with trauma for a living. I do believe a few can go through traumatic events without long lasting consequences but that is the absolute extreme minority. like i said its an awful topic, men dont like dealing with it so any numbers you read about PTSD are going to be extremely skewed. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

So if your enemy kills you, that isn't a better alternative. Sometimes you have to kill or be killed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

There is a reason I didnt include it in my original post, its an awful topic, men dont like dealing with it so any numbers you read about PTSD are going to be extremely skewed.  .  Im not being hyperbolic or antagonistic here , I deal with trauma for a living. I do believe a few can go through traumatic events without long lasting consequences but that is the absolute extreme minority. like i said its an awful topic, men dont like dealing with it so any numbers you read about PTSD are going to be extremely skewed. 

Actually the majority can go through trauma without developing PTSD.

And in not trying to hurt your point or anything but I just what to bring to light to everyone that the majority of pepole with PTSD are women, from abuse and rape. Since everyone always thinks it the vets 

Edited by spartan max2

Just now, South Alabam said:

So if your enemy kills you, that isn't a better alternative. Sometimes you have to kill or be killed.

The original post said if you start a war then youve already lost. If you are STARTING a war then your enemy wasnt trying to kill you. 

• Like 2