Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gen. "Mad Dog" Mattis Secretary of Defense

Yamato

I read he needs a waver to serve as Sec Def because he hasnt been out for 7 years.

he reminds me of Ubcle Rick, our CDS (Chief of Defence Staff) during the height of battle in Afghanistan mid to late 2000s. Beloved by the troops for taking no **** and not playing politics. 

16 hours ago, aztek said:

yea, sure and if you kill your enemy he wins, lol.  how do people come up with baloney like that, unbelievable.

If you make your enemy your friend, no-one dies.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Essan said:

That sounds great, but with radicals it's not possible. We know what they think and what their beliefs are, I don't think you could ever get them to see/tolerate any other point of view or belief.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Essan said:

Unless your enemy is someone who really doesn't have friends and will kill you as soon as you let your guard down.

Does anyone seriously think the Extreme Islamic Jihadists want to 'be friends' with Infidels? Unless you totally capitulate to them and accept their perverse/twisted version of religion they will seek to destroy you...period. This is what they completely believe, and they believe this so strongly as to wire themselves with explosives and blow themselves up. These people cut off heads, burn alive, torture, rape, enslave...need I go on. No, you can't 'make friends' with people like this.

Here's a saying from my Dad: "You can't reason with the unreasonable".

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

I disagree with a couple of your suppositions.  First of all Gen. Mattis is not a crazed killer anything.

I was just running with the 'mad dog' nick-name. I do not think the esteemed General is in anyway a crazed killer.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, and then said:

I feel exactly the same about Romney.  The biggest potential problem with giving such a post to - let's face it, a former enemy - is that he might work from within to subtly keep the same old dynamics in place.  OTOH, having our face to the world be a stable, successful, well-metered individual can't hurt.  Romney just seems too much like another FrankenKerry to me.  As to too many military types, I can't think of anyone else in politics these days that would be more professional, squared away and willing to carry out orders than exactly that type.  We need people who will get things done, period.  Anyone worrying about such appointments doesn't really understand the division of authority between the civilian and military parts of our power structure.

You're also going to get a lot less corruption from high ranking ex-military or military leaders. I'm not saying that it doesn't exist, it's just that it is a lot less prevalent in the armed forces. And he would have plenty of experienced advisors to guide him through this Presidency and help steer America back on path.

• Like 2

Mattis really doesn't like to be called Mad Dog.  That is a name his men bestowed upon him by his men intending it to be praise.  His other nicknames are Chaos and the Warrior Monk.

Also he has never been married.

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2016/12/02/7-things-know-secretary-defense-nominee-james-mattis/

Edited by Ashotep
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Does anyone seriously think the Extreme Islamic Jihadists want to 'be friends' with Infidels?

No, but Iran, Syria, Russia, China, UK ( ;) )  etc etc are not extreme islamic jihadists.

Although the Saudis are.   So if Mad Dog bombs Riyadh maybe some good will come of it?

4 hours ago, third_eye said:

Practically Blood and Guts reincarnated ....

:P

~

Lol! Nice. Thats clever since patten believed he was reincarnated. Perhaps it is him again haha 

Just did a quick Google out of curiosity. Patton died in 1945 abd mattis was born 1950

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, spartan max2 said:

Lol! Nice. Thats clever since patten believed he was reincarnated. Perhaps it is him again haha 

Just did a quick Google out of curiosity. Patton died in 1945 abd mattis was born 1950

yeah ... I googled too before posting :lol:

~

• Like 2

I'm fine with Mattis.  All the marines I ever met talked bravado like he does, but he is definitely more eloquent than average.  So what he has said seems typical  to me.  But I give him points for obviously being intelligent.  His statements on enhanced interrogation and the fact that he was a combat general in an active theater also makes me think more positively of him.  I haven't read anything about him having a higher than normal US casualty count, so it doesn't seem like he is the type to solve his problems with blood and bodies despite what his quotes say.

• Like 2

On 12/1/2016 at 11:10 PM, third_eye said:

Its all to keep AMerica 'safe' and 'great' again ...

*sigh*

Well, I hope you’ll get use to peeing in your pants and crying a bucket full.

On 12/2/2016 at 0:53 AM, Yamato said:

Huh?  Did I say something wrong?   I didn't even say a word about him.

Was it his picture, his quotes, or the subject line announcing his new job title that got you so bent out of shape?  

Only when you open your mouth.  As zz stated, your reputation precedes you.  You have a manner about you that every thing you write takes on a negative meaning.  It makes you come across as an **SNIP**.  Don’t know if you really are unaware of this or if this is the only way you can get attention??  I’d love to spend a little time with your family and colleagues.  But then you pull this, what did little-innocent-ol-me do wrong holier than thou attitude.  It really gets sickening at times.

**Going around profanity filters defeats their purpose.**

Edited by aquatus1
  • Like 1

On 12/2/2016 at 0:05 AM, Yamato said:

This guy is sounding perfect for Trump supporters already thinking about the future Democrats who will once again climb out of their 8-year long hibernation hidey-holes to bemoan the war.  

Congratulations!

He’s sounding perfect for America free of Prog influence.  The Progs are doubling down.  They don’t care about the average American.  Trump will accomplish so much (even if it’s just a fraction of what he promised) that the American people will never forget how bad the Obama Administration was.  America went into hibernation 8 years ago.  There’s no going back.  It’s now time for the American Spring.  Brexit was just the beginning of a new world.  Will France be next?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sees said:

Well war is legalised murder!!

That’s really a misnomer.  Murder is murder.  Sometimes it’s just necessary.  In war you must kill or be killed.  Most people that have killed are affected for life.  They must deal with it the best they can.  Why do you think a grateful nation must take care of her vets?  They’ve put body and soul on the line to protect us and now, it’s the nation’s turn to comfort them.

2 words that contradict each other....military intelligence.

That will soon change with the Warrior Monk.

• Like 2

On 12/2/2016 at 4:40 AM, ChaosRose said:

Just another example of how Trump doesn't know or care about the rules, because they have never applied to him...and are far less likely to at this point. 

Have you ever considered that the real successful people are the ones that don’t follow the rules?  So then, you might ask why Obama wasn’t able to get more done?  There’s more to it than breaking the rules.  It depends on character too.  If your intent is to tear down and replace with something mediocre, it usually doesn’t come out well.  If your intent is to cut out a cancer and repair and rebuild, then you will have the hopes of all the people behind it.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2016 at 5:37 AM, Farmer77 said:

Sure ISIS is a reality but the scam is in who created, funds and gives them orders. I in no way deny that radical islam is dangerous , the evidence to me though points to ISIS simply being another US proxy. Maybe simply isnt the right word, clearly its a complex situation with a lot of moving parts but at its core ISIS is the baby of one of our alphabet agencies to perpetuate the military industrial complex's empire building. 

I think you give the US government too much credit.  From what I see, the government is involved in an internal inter-agency civil war.  You have two factions, one lead by Obama and the other lead by McCain.  This civil war has created a series of bumbling actions in the region that make it look like complicity, but neither side is that clever.  Their actions have unwittingly helped one side or the other.  Saudi Arabia is still in control of ISIS.  ISIS is a Wahhabist push to clean out secular leaders and Shia influence in Arab lands.  The dream of a Pan-Arabia is still as alive as it was in Prince Faisal’s day.

1 minute ago, RavenHawk said:

I think you give the US government too much credit.  From what I see, the government is involved in an internal inter-agency civil war.  You have two factions, one lead by Obama and the other lead by McCain.  This civil war has created a series of bumbling actions in the region that make it look like complicity, but neither side is that clever.  Their actions have unwittingly helped one side or the other.  Saudi Arabia is still in control of ISIS.  ISIS is a Wahhabist push to clean out secular leaders and Shia influence in Arab lands.  The dream of a Pan-Arabia is still as alive as it was in Prince Faisal’s day.

Interesting outlook on it. I can definitely see some validity in your argument. I think though its important to point out though that when i say government I mean alphabet agency and yeah your absolutely right within that community there are most definitely factions. 

On 12/2/2016 at 5:41 AM, Essan said:

But Mad Dog says Iran is "the single most enduring threat to stability and peace in the Middle East".  Not Daesh.

Iran are fighting Daesh.

Do the maths, as they say ...

In order to do the math you need to know what the numbers are.  This is a war between Iran and Saudi Arabia.  ISIS is but a pawn.  Iran has invaded into Arab lands, via Assad, Hezbollah, Hamas, and Houthi.  Saudi Arabia is harnessing pure Islam to cleanse the land from Shia and non-Muslim influence.  They are reconstituting dar al-Islam.  And they have every right to do so.  If we had stayed in Iraq, this wouldn’t be happening.

Edited by RavenHawk
  • Like 1

On 12/2/2016 at 7:17 AM, Ashotep said:

I love the old war dog.  I was hoping Trump would pick someone like him.  He is just right for the position.  You don't want a social worker for SOD.  You want someone that can get the job done without getting too many soldiers killed.

Flynn, Mattis, and Dunford will bring a world of hurt down on our enemies.  That’s two Marines and someone that wanted to be a Marine.

• Like 2

On 12/2/2016 at 7:24 AM, aztek said:

excellent choice,  it is about time we start finishing wars we started

Have we really started any?  Or have we just gotten involved before some have overtly erupted?  You can take the attitude to just let them fight it out but too many times than not, such conflicts spill over into other regions.  And when that happens there’s no telling where it will end.  That just means the cost will be higher in blood and treasure.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2016 at 8:30 AM, White Unicorn said:

All of his picks seem to be pit bulls.

Yeah!  Don’t they.  Trump is setting up a system with very capable people in top positions (no lollipops for party loyalists).  If you don’t play nice with his picks, you must go to the principle’s office.  That’ll be intimidating. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RavenHawk said:

Yeah!  Don’t they.  Trump is setting up a system with very capable people in top positions (no lollipops for party loyalists).  If you don’t play nice with his picks, you must go to the principle’s office.  That’ll be intimidating. 

I will admit to how I really  feel about Mattis. He's all military and is better then the other contenders would be for this position. He hasn't been a civilian long enough and will need a waiver. That waiver is what concerns me because Trump chose him inspite of knowing he'd need one. Everything Trump does, he seems to want to officially be able to break rules that are in place. Where does it stop and what will become of us since he likes using that  attitude of breaking all rules?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Trump is putting the worst possible human beings in top positions. The very people he swore to rid Washington of. Sessions, chao , priebus , munchkin WTF about those people says outsider or different? Its the same schmucks who have been running the nation the same way for decades.  Hell he even hired the RNC chief for christs sake. 

All of that said i cant argue with the Mad Dog pick. If ya gotta fight do it right, just dont let HIM be the one who decides if we have to fight or not.