Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Time isnt real, say Physicists

seeder

Lol whatever. 

The way I see it is time=change. On movies and things when we perceive time as standing still nonething is moving or changing.

This is all just a waste of TIME to think about lol

2 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Lol whatever. 

The way I see it is time=change. On movies and things when we perceive time as standing still nonething is moving or changing.

This is all just a waste of TIME to think about lol

Well it was, but that Universe doesn't exsist anymore. Yet in this world, This one, it's very entertaining . ....well nope that world is gone too now :(

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Kismit said:

Well it was, but that Universe doesn't exsist anymore. Yet in this world, This one, it's very entertaining . ....well nope that world is gone too now :(

Interesting that what I do in this universe has a clear effect on the next one.

Just now, spartan max2 said:

Interesting that what I do in this universe has a clear effect on the next one.

Think of yourself as a leaf in a stream, everything you do creates a path you follow. A constant stream of NOW. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Think of yourself as a leaf in a stream, everything you do creates a path you follow. A constant stream of NOW

Not disagreeing with you guys just saying it's useless to see it that way.

It's all just the whole if a tree falls in the forest and no one's around to hear it does it make a sound? Question all over again.

Your brain creates the concept of sounds from the vibrating molecous just as it creates the concept of time from memory

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

If time doesn't exist and life is an illusion, then what are we observing? Do you exist or not? I don't know you exist until you reply to this comment.

The question is, is there always an observer. Things exist because we are aware of them? 

I only exist because I interact with other observers. 

Physical world of time exists as a place and it's the place where consciousness  places itself to know itself better as an individual. It's kind of like a matrix of interaction of all conscious life within its own limitations of physical laws.

Is there always an observer? Yes. But even if the universe had no life it could still exist because there is another observor, the Source,  the original observer. That elusive essence some call God. Sages have said that the universe would cease to exist in an instant if the God wasn't observing it. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Not disagreeing with you guys just saying it's useless to see it that way.

It's all just the whole if a tree falls in the forest and no one's around to hear it does it make a sound? Question all over again.

Your brain creates the concept of sounds from the vibrating molecules just as it creates the concept of time from memory

That's the thing about subjects like this. While it might be more of a philosophical debate than one of quantum mechanics. We get to expand our awareness with new thoughts and ideas. Time to us is a linear series of events. Cause to effect not the other way around, except in retrospect where we can mentally see the events back to front. If I wanted to stretch it a little we could say that time is a measure of distance and speed. Two cars leave at the exact same moment and one is going faster than the other how much of a difference in time will there be, that depends on distance and speed. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Kismit said:

Sounds about right. so that the past, that second that you remember is physically no longer here. that universe is gone and new one, (the second after you read this) is about to be created and this universe will no longer exsist.

The world really is ending, but wait it's back again.

That's what I was meaning when when there's a blank between two frames of a movie. That individual frame of now is all that exists to those in the frame at that level or universe. 

But if you can perceive the in between moment, your consciousness expands, it can go out of the frame and back again or to another. That's traveling the astral universes through time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I think we might have had said the same thing differently.:hmm:

Ever heard the the expression slow down to speed up?

All this time on our minds and where do we spend it.

Even if I'm intently focused on a memory, that memory has become my moment... 

I suppose what I'm trying to say is focus.. Not specifically on this moment perhaps, but I see this type of focus as the next level experimentation.

To be focused is to be "awake". To test the limits of what can be observed and experienced. Also the reason I haven't been around much.

In this reality, for me, truths can only be experienced and doubt destroys the reality I create..

Enjoy your time :ph34r:

• Like 1

Time....a con trick invented by the Swiss to sell watches.. :w00t:

• Like 5

My problem with this view of time is a little something  that has bugged me for ages. My question is where does animation fit into it all? I mean the whole universe existing in the moment thing could happen without the changes that take place like movement/aging/growth. If it potentially happens all at once, what makes us see or witness change in a proper chronological order? 

What facilitates change? These things bug me.

Edited by Kismit
  • Like 2

There is time as measured on a clock and there is subjective time.  There is no reason for us to think that the measurements we make aren't of something real, as part of a larger reality we call space-time, and obeying the Lorentz transformations, which goes to show me our understanding of it has to be remarkably deep.  That doesn't mean subjective time is real -- it is an experience invented by our brain, using our experienced knowledge of how long things typically take to happen.

I think of time as quantized to unbelievably short moment intervals (Plank time or less), with nothing between them (each such moment ceases to exist and the next one takes its place).  They are like moves on a chessboard.  Each move is influenced by what has already happened, but still also has elements of will and of chance in it, but always must obey certain rules we call laws of nature.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Kismit said:

My problem with this view of time is a little something  that has bugged me for ages. My question is where does animation fit into it all? I mean the whole universe existing in the moment thing could happen without the changes that take place like movement/aging/growth. If it potentially happens all at once, what makes us see or witness change in a proper chronological order? 

What facilitates change? These things bug me.

Maybe it's a Schrodinger cat issue? We don't know what happened in the box till we open it. Maybe inside the box all things are happening at once and not at the same time, not until they are observed/actualized. Think of it as a slot machine, there is a potential win for you if you pull the leaver. You don't know if you've win, but it exist as a possibility as does the loss.

We are all always locked in the moment, never physically never able to go back to the past nor realizing the future till the moment it happens. I once had a theory in magick about how it work (woo warning ahead). Whenever we say a prayer, cast a spell, or fire a sigil we lock our minds onto a potential future possibility, then like some kind of targeting system we follow the path to it. Which amount to self-fulfilling actions however. We've (mentally) created a possible future event.

• Like 3

If time isn't real, then I want a do over on a few things. 

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 4

You can't discuss mathematical concepts in plain English and possibly expect to understand them. It leads to confusing statements, such as: "Time Does Not Exist".

• Like 1

To put it quite simply how can you have a thought without time? And how can you have a sequence of thoughts without a time flow? The very act of having a thought NOW defines a past, present and future. And the very act of having a sequence of thoughts defines each as occupying a point along a timeline.

I disagree with the original article saying everything exists at once and instead go for the nothing exists at all stance. That is, until you have a thought or thoughts. And it is the act of thinking that not only creates time but space and matter too. From a personal perspective I have noticed with Zen Buddhism and Mindfulness that I can reach a point where I no longer struggle to stop my mind being caught up by the thoughts that arise in it. It goes the other way instead, where I struggle to have any thoughts at all. When in such a state of mind how can I even prove that space, matter and time still exist?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Maybe it's a Schrodinger cat issue? We don't know what happened in the box till we open it. Maybe inside the box all things are happening at once and not at the same time, not until they are observed/actualized. Think of it as a slot machine, there is a potential win for you if you pull the leaver. You don't know if you've win, but it exist as a possibility as does the loss.

We are all always locked in the moment, never physically never able to go back to the past nor realizing the future till the moment it happens. I once had a theory in magick about how it work (woo warning ahead). Whenever we say a prayer, cast a spell, or fire a sigil we lock our minds onto a potential future possibility, then like some kind of targeting system we follow the path to it. Which amount to self-fulfilling actions however. We've (mentally) created a possible future event.

I thought of that. That perhaps the act of observing change is what creates change, but it still leaves me with how do we observe anything without experiencing at least a brief moment in time to be aware and able to evalute an observation.

It's very confusing, I don't think the cat fully explain the mechanics of change.

It is a confusing idea that time doesn't exist. We measure time, but what is time exactly? Maybe on the quantum level time does not exist?

• Like 1

On 12/4/2016 at 0:04 AM, XenoFish said:

time-travel_o_947778.jpg

Maybe I was wrong about physical time travel.

I don't know if he bended time, for sure he bended his head!

• Like 1