Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Giraffes facing extinction

seeder

3 minutes ago, Unfortunately said:

Hmm. If that's the case then we're dealing with a very naive person who needs to broaden their perspective and/or intelligence.

I'm not sure what the motive is. Sometimes I wonder if he is simply trying to wind people up.

• Like 2

Just now, Michelle said:

I'm not sure what the motive is. Sometimes I wonder if he is simply trying to wind people up.

I for one...will be interested in his response, if that kind of attitude is genuine then...well.. the thread could get a lot longer very quickly no doubt...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Hopefully he is just a troll, because I pity him if he isn't and those are his actual opinions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alibongo said:

In a sense, so what?

I'll never see a giraffe in the wild.

Or a Dodo, Rhea, tiger,or tyrannosaurus rex .

Let's move on.

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, khol said:

hqdefault.jpg

Hahahaha far out that would be a scary experience. Had a bull chase me around once and that was bad enough :P

• Like 1

Hardly anybody on this web site cares. The majority of users here refuse to believe there's any legitimacy to this story. It's all conspiratorial exudate from the people they disagree with AKA the actual scientists with PhDs. There is nothing wrong with this planet, according to the majority of forum posters on this web site.

If anything is changing, it's because the planet or God (ironic since the logical phallacy of atheism is so prominent here) has somehow naturally decreed it so. The hypocrisy is astounding and worthy of multiple volumes of research articles, which surely will be created decades in the future when humanity looks back at us modern-day morons. They will simply be unable to fathom why people in this present age were so ignorant when there was nothing but mountains of evidence staring at us.

Edited by Xomon
  • Like 2

Ive seen Giraffes in a zoo when younger....but the BEST was when I was abroad....walking thru a zoo...one part of the path suddenly went up an incline.... and we were above ground level...and then...we saw why... we had reached the Giraffe fields....and because we were high up, the Giraffes would come right up to us....their heads were at our head level too....and they were not shy to sniff us out.... and there I was, head height with a Giraffe...I reached out and stroked its head... looked into those huge gentle eyes.....and felt bad I didnt have an apple or something to give it....like some other visitors were doing... it was magical, its not every zoo you can he head height with a Giraffe...and thus rub its head...lovely soft creatures..

6 minutes ago, Xomon said:

Hardly anybody on this web site cares.

Can you prove what you say?

Just now, Xomon said:

Yes, please go read the US politics forum.

which has what to do with caring about the worlds wildlife?

7 minutes ago, seeder said:

which has what to do with caring about the worlds wildlife?

A large portion of users on this forum praise the next administration's conspiratorial belief that climate change is a lie. Humanity is doing nothing to contribute to the problems we're seeing day in and day out. If a quarter (or more) of the world's species die out, who cares? None of the obvious resultant effects of industrialization are legitimate. 

Edited by Xomon

1 minute ago, Xomon said:

A large portion of users on this forum praise the next administration's conspiratorial belief that climate change is a lie. Humanity is doing nothing to contribute to the problems we're seeing day in and day out. If a quarter (or more) of the world's species die out, who cares? None of the obvious resultant effects of industrialization are legitimate. 

your argument then is on the wrong thread... so kindly take it to a more appropriate thread.......this one is about Giraffes going extinct. And I think your calculations are a bit off....usually...on any thread...theres usually a half dozen who respond to certain topics....or you might even get a dozen different users commenting.... I know this... Ive posted often about climate change...as I see it in action... and a dozen posters on a thread....is hardly the vast majority of users...

Just now, seeder said:

your argument then is on the wrong thread... so kindly take it to a more appropriate thread.......this one is about Giraffes going extinct. And I think your calculations are a bit off....usually...on any thread...theres usually a half dozen who respond to certain topics....or you might even get a dozen different users commenting.... I know this... Ive posted often about climate change...as I see it in action... and a dozen posters on a thread....is hardly the vast majority of users...

No thanks, I'll stay in this thread. Kindly take your passive-aggressive attitude somewhere else.

Just now, Xomon said:

No thanks, I'll stay in this thread. Kindly take your passive-aggressive attitude somewhere else.

My passive-aggressive attitude?  :lol:   Ok stay on the thread.... tho do be warned, trying to divert it, or corrupt it....really wont end well for you

1 minute ago, seeder said:

My passive-aggressive attitude?  :lol:   Ok stay on the thread.... tho do be warned, trying to divert it, or corrupt it....really wont end well for you

Not sure why you're threatening me for commenting in a thread. Very odd.

On 12/9/2016 at 9:06 AM, Amatoxin said:

Good, I can't stand Giraffe's.

And you weren't that keen on grammar either ?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Habitat said:

And you weren't that keen on grammar either ?

Most ignorant people aren't keen on anything but themselves. Hence the issue at hand.

• Like 1

Posters, please keep the discussion relevant. This thread is about giraffes facing extinction, not politics. And please remain civil when posting.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Posters, please keep the discussion relevant. This thread is about giraffes facing extinction, not politics. And please remain civil when posting.

How are we supposed to honestly talk about giraffes facing extinction without discussing politics? 

Even though seeder's responses were somewhat aggressive he is correct, politics do not have to be a part of this thread and should not be involved. The ignorant perspective comes from humanity as a general whole, it has nothing to do with political standings at this point in time. If the thread specified that a political party was trying to encourage the extinction of giraffe then you would be well in your rights to involve political ideologies, as it stands though this is not the case. Politics are irrelevant in this thread at this point in time.

1 hour ago, Xomon said:

Hardly anybody on this web site cares. The majority of users here refuse to believe there's any legitimacy to this story. It's all conspiratorial exudate from the people they disagree with AKA the actual scientists with PhDs. There is nothing wrong with this planet, according to the majority of forum posters on this web site.

If anything is changing, it's because the planet or God (ironic since the logical phallacy of atheism is so prominent here) has somehow naturally decreed it so. The hypocrisy is astounding and worthy of multiple volumes of research articles, which surely will be created decades in the future when humanity looks back at us modern-day morons. They will simply be unable to fathom why people in this present age were so ignorant when there was nothing but mountains of evidence staring at us.

This post holds some good points and has nothing to do with politics but your other posts that follow this one aren't quite so relevant.

Also, calling Atheism a fallacy is incorrect.

Edited by Unfortunately

32 minutes ago, Xomon said:

How are we supposed to honestly talk about giraffes facing extinction without discussing politics? 

Dinosaurs went extinct millions of years before politics were invented...or didnt you know that?

Edited by seeder

10 minutes ago, Unfortunately said:

Even though seeder's responses were somewhat aggressive he is correct, politics do not have to be a part of this thread and should not be involved. The ignorant perspective comes from humanity as a general whole, it has nothing to do with political standings at this point in time. If the thread specified that a political party was trying to encourage the extinction of giraffe then you would be well in your rights to involve political ideologies, as it stands though this is not the case. Politics are irrelevant in this thread at this point in time.

I respectfully disagree, but thanks for responding like a normal human being.

Edit: I just saw you edited your comment to mention atheism. You can't proclaim you know the ultimate truth of the universe (God doesn't exist) without being a God. It's an elementary-level logic fail.

Edited by Xomon
  • Like 1

Politics present a 'political standpoint' not the general opinion of humanity. Hence why politics are irrelevant in this thread, you are welcome to your opinion :) but please head the moderators words.

Edited by Unfortunately
  • Like 1

I have met people from Europe who can't say jir-arf for love nor money, they say gere-arf !