Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Brandon_16

Im New Here

40 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Brandon_16

Hello everybody :) im new here and I have a few abilities myself though still trying to work on controlling them, I believe I have very strong empathy and often feel others sadness and anger when in public places and even when watching TV like I have watched The Originals before and they faked the babies death but I knew it was alive because its my second time watching and I started to cry when the actors of the series were crying or maybe thats just normal? I also believe I may be clairevoyant and telepathic and maybe telekinetic because I have noticed a few times objects would randomly move when I havent tried to move them.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AdealJustice

welcome to UM!


I believe you are an empath.

"Empaths have the ability to scan another's psyche for thoughts and feelings or for past, present, and future life occurrences. Many empaths are unaware of how this actually works, and have long accepted that they were sensitive to others."

http://healing.about.com/cs/empathic/a/uc_empathtraits.htm


"Empaths are people who don’t “read” the future, or predict it they “read” people, and their energy although sometimes it depends on the person being read, too. They're often problem solvers, thinkers, and studier's of many things. As far as empaths are concerned, where a problem is, so too is the answer."

http://www.empathguide.com/

As for the telepathic abilities bit, I am a skeptic . Odds suggest this is likely a coincidence those objects moved.

I hope you enjoy your time here at UM and look forward to your future input in this wonderful and diverse community.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hyades

Hi Brandon_16, a Warm Welcome to UM, I wish you a Wonderful Unexplained Mysteries Journey here!

I think we all do possess latent spiritual talents!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ouija ouija

:st Welcome to UM, Brandon. Have fun! :D

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CakeOrDeath

You don't have magic powers, but welcome to the forums.  If I am wrong and you do have magic powers, please share with the world we need super heroes now more than ever.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NightScreams

HI Brandon, I'll be your local skeptic and with folded arms welcome you to the forum.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then

Welcome to UM!  Have fun and stand on what you believe, you'll do fine here :) 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brandon_16
15 hours ago, CakeOrDeath said:

You don't have magic powers, but welcome to the forums.  If I am wrong and you do have magic powers, please share with the world we need super heroes now more than ever.

I never said I had magic powers and even fiction super heroes dont they have super powers completely different from Psychic abilities.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CakeOrDeath

Lol, Sorry I was just pointing out that Psychic "abilities" only exist in the mind of the abled heh.  There has yet to be a single instance of demonstrable, repeatable and scientifically verifiable psychic powers in the entire history of man.  Yet we have all these people talking about their 3rd eyes, psi-balls, chi, astral travel.  It's all very cute and comic bookie, just not real.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brandon_16
38 minutes ago, CakeOrDeath said:

Lol, Sorry I was just pointing out that Psychic "abilities" only exist in the mind of the abled heh.  There has yet to be a single instance of demonstrable, repeatable and scientifically verifiable psychic powers in the entire history of man.  Yet we have all these people talking about their 3rd eyes, psi-balls, chi, astral travel.  It's all very cute and comic bookie, just not real.

Excuse me but why exactly are you on this forum? Like if you dont believe and dont even have psychic abilities why are you here lol I cant say I dont believe if I know I have these abilities and have used them it runs in the family though we all have different gifts

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
4 minutes ago, Brandon_16 said:

Excuse me but why exactly are you on this forum? Like if you dont believe and dont even have psychic abilities why are you here lol I cant say I dont believe if I know I have these abilities and have used them it runs in the family though we all have different gifts

Empathy or empathic abilities are probably due to our mirror neurons. It's how we learn emotions through a form of sympathetic association in which we can relate our own emotionality to that of someone else's. There is also the possibility that this 'ability' works off subconscious cue due to body language.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tcgram

Welcome to UM!   :)   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brandon_16
18 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Empathy or empathic abilities are probably due to our mirror neurons. It's how we learn emotions through a form of sympathetic association in which we can relate our own emotionality to that of someone else's. There is also the possibility that this 'ability' works off subconscious cue due to body language.

Whos talking about empathy? I believe every living being has some form of empathy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
1 hour ago, Brandon_16 said:

Whos talking about empathy? I believe every living being has some form of empathy

That's good for you because empathy isn't a psychic ability. If psychic abilities were real you'd have valid repeatable proof of them. 

 

On 12/8/2016 at 4:45 PM, Brandon_16 said:

I believe I have very strong empathy

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brandon_16
4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

That's good for you because empathy isn't a psychic ability. If psychic abilities were real you'd have valid repeatable proof of them. 

 

 

So nobody here on this forum actually has Psychic abilities lol so why am I here? I came here to learn more about my abilities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
11 minutes ago, Brandon_16 said:

So nobody here on this forum actually has Psychic abilities lol so why am I here? I came here to learn more about my abilities.

Oh I'm sure that some on here will come in to feed the beast. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ouija ouija
1 hour ago, Brandon_16 said:

So nobody here on this forum actually has Psychic abilities lol so why am I here? I came here to learn more about my abilities.

Hi Brandon. Yes, there are plenty of people here who have psychic abilities but they learned very quickly that there is little point in trying to discuss them here. What happens is this, as soon as you try to discuss something that can't be proven via the internet, a whole swathe of posters who have never experienced anything psychic/paranormal themselves will swoop in and expend a tremendous amount of energy telling you that you are imagining things or lying or in need of psychiatric help. Oh, and because what you're saying can't be scientifically proven at this moment in time then it obviously isn't true! :hmm: Don't waste your time replying to them ...... there is no way of resolving these differences.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brandon_16
10 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

Hi Brandon. Yes, there are plenty of people here who have psychic abilities but they learned very quickly that there is little point in trying to discuss them here. What happens is this, as soon as you try to discuss something that can't be proven via the internet, a whole swathe of posters who have never experienced anything psychic/paranormal themselves will swoop in and expend a tremendous amount of energy telling you that you are imagining things or lying or in need of psychiatric help. Oh, and because what you're saying can't be scientifically proven at this moment in time then it obviously isn't true! :hmm: Don't waste your time replying to them ...... there is no way of resolving these differences.

And I thought thats what the forum was for to learn about the Spiritual world.I also used to see ghosts when I was younger and never have again but when my oldest sister was around 15 she was pushed under the water by a spirit and we had a medium come to the house and cleansed it and she said it was a man around his 40's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
11 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

Hi Brandon. Yes, there are plenty of people here who have psychic abilities but they learned very quickly that there is little point in trying to discuss them here. What happens is this, as soon as you try to discuss something that can't be proven via the internet, a whole swathe of posters who have never experienced anything psychic/paranormal themselves will swoop in and expend a tremendous amount of energy telling you that you are imagining things or lying or in need of psychiatric help. Oh, and because what you're saying can't be scientifically proven at this moment in time then it obviously isn't true! :hmm: Don't waste your time replying to them ...... there is no way of resolving these differences.

Hold up here chicky. Some of us have been in that arena, years in that arena. You learn quickly that 99% of supposed psychic phenomenon is just confirmation bias. I know as I thought I was psychic once. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brandon_16
1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

Hold up here chicky. Some of us have been in that arena, years in that arena. You learn quickly that 99% of supposed psychic phenomenon is just confirmation bias. I know as I thought I was psychic once. 

Every single person can learn to develop their abilities and some people just happen to have the gift naturally.It really is sad how many people are asleep and dont know what they are capable of doing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
Just now, Brandon_16 said:

Every single person can learn to develop their abilities and some people just happen to have the gift naturally.It really is sad how many people are asleep and dont know what they are capable of doing.

Some people overthink what they believe to be psychic abilities too. We can feed our imagination to the point where we become delusional because of a belief. Think for a moment, what we call intuition is based on subconscious cue that come from our environment. Some people want to label this a psychic ability, plus psychic come from the word psyche or consciousness. So by using our cognitive abilities we can train our minds to see the world differently, this doesn't mean the world is different. If you really want to understand it you have to go deeper, way deeper than the surface level of confirmation bias. 

If someone was to use energy healing on you it works through the placebo effect. If you get the idea a malicious spirit is attacking you then you'll self-generate a nocebo effect tempered with cognitive and confirmation bias. Also burning sage works through the placebo effect. How do you expect smoke to affect a non-corporal being? It can't. It eases your mind. 

I have a link in my signature. I think it would be worth a read. 

The trick with psychic abilities is not as a super power but seeing the world differently. That's a hint.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brandon_16
4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Some people overthink what they believe to be psychic abilities too. We can feed our imagination to the point where we become delusional because of a belief. Think for a moment, what we call intuition is based on subconscious cue that come from our environment. Some people want to label this a psychic ability, plus psychic come from the word psyche or consciousness. So by using our cognitive abilities we can train our minds to see the world differently, this doesn't mean the world is different. If you really want to understand it you have to go deeper, way deeper than the surface level of confirmation bias. 

If someone was to use energy healing on you it works through the placebo effect. If you get the idea a malicious spirit is attacking you then you'll self-generate a nocebo effect tempered with cognitive and confirmation bias. Also burning sage works through the placebo effect. How do you expect smoke to affect a non-corporal being? It can't. It eases your mind. 

I have a link in my signature. I think it would be worth a read. 

The trick with psychic abilities is not as a super power but seeing the world differently. That's a hint.

 

From what you just said that just shows me you believe lol call it what you want I just like to call it Psychic abilities but these abilities everybody has and can do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish

I'm a mind-hacker so I consider it enhancing cognitive functions. Not a superpower or something mystical.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brandon_16
17 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I'm a mind-hacker so I consider it enhancing cognitive functions. Not a superpower or something mystical.

Its just a sixth sense basically that everyone has nothing super or mystical

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish

We have more senses than that. Google it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.