Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

CIA says Putin helped Trump win

and-then

8 hours ago, Lilly said:

Exactly, the United States is not a pure Democracy...the United States is a Democratic Republic. The election of the President is done via the Electoral College (not via popular vote). Both candidates went into the election full well knowing this reality. The result was that Trump garnered 306 Electoral votes to Clinton's 232 Electoral votes...Trump won the election, period.

Exactly. A democracy and a republic, a sovereign nation of many sovereign states. The United States of America. States aren't provinces.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Frankly, I can't wait until after Jan. 20. Perhaps some of this nonsense will stop after the inauguration.

We can only hope, but I seriously doubt it will end that soon. Maybe a few months after, when he starts getting things done.

I somewhat doubt that there was/is, in some "strategic-sense-interest" for Putin, to have either Trump or Hillary as the U.S. president.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Habitat said:

Not that the CIA ever involved itself in interfering with another country's political leadership, hey ? :wacko:  Maybe we should believe this story, because if anyone knows how to corrupt another country's political processes, they'd be it. Incredible stuff.

That's a great point. Just ask the ghosts of Allende and Mossadegh. It's like the old saying that describes hypocrisy. Do as I say, not as I do.

1 hour ago, Lilly said:

Frankly, I can't wait until after Jan. 20. Perhaps some of this nonsense will stop after the inauguration.

It likely will increase. The media and progressives are bound and determined to delegitimize Trump's victory. My guess is that absolutely nothing will affect their crusade to destroy his presidency. If he cured cancer, they would blame him for oncologists' unemployment.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

It likely will increase. The media and progressives are bound and determined to delegitimize Trump's victory. My guess is that absolutely nothing will affect their crusade to destroy his presidency. If he cured cancer, they would blame him for oncologists' unemployment.

He has to succeed wildly and bypass the MSM to get the word out, make them irrelevant and outdated.   Make them a laughing stock by showing Obama's numbers and their reports regarding those numbers and his numbers and their reports side by side so everyone can clearly see the bias.

9 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

He has to succeed wildly and bypass the MSM to get the word out, make them irrelevant and outdated.   Make them a laughing stock by showing Obama's numbers and their reports regarding those numbers and his numbers and their reports side by side so everyone can clearly see the bias.

I think that he's doing that right now since he knows that they're a lost cause. I also notice that Pence and others talk around and talk over ridiculous blather, from pundits, when they appear on talk shows. It's fun to watch them get out their message in spite of the underhanded tactics of the Obama-worshipping propagandists. The media seem to have a death wish.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

The media seem to have a death wish.

Hopefully. One thing for sure is I won't be attending that funeral. However, I might be compelled to visit the grave to dance and spit on it.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Lilly said:

You can guarantee the dems will move from #nevertrump directly into #impeachtrump within days of the inauguration. Unless he figures out how to completely and openly separate himself from his business interests between now and then my guess is theyll use the emolument clause. 

• Like 1

Here's the thing, while US Presidents have gone to great lengths to separate themselves from their businesses there's no law requiring them to do so. So, as long as Trump doesn't do a bunch of stuff that only helps his family business (verses businesses in general) there's no way he can be successfully impeached (as in booted out of office).

Oh, the Democrats can continue to whine and be difficult, but that's not going to help their party to recapture the voters in the 'fly over' states that lost them the election. It wasn't the Russians hacking or the votes not being 'counted correctly' or anything thing else they're whining over that cost the Democrats the election. It was the working and middle class folks who don't like the policies of the progressive far left that cost them the election. The Democrats need to embrace this reality and bring their party back in closer to the center (politically speaking) IMO.

And to be equally critical, the Republicans need to do some hard work as well. Trump won as a Populist, not so much as a Republican. Basically, both parties need to get in touch with reality and re-vamp their parties.

• Like 2

If the elections went on popular vote ( most votes wins ) like Frank wants,  the candidates would only show up in the big cities. The rest of the country would never see them and they would never see the rest of the country.  Politicians are out of touch with most of the country as it is, if they never came out for them selves imagine how much worse it would be.

Like mentioned before they knew the rules when they started.

Also, I would LOVE to know how many illegals did actually vote. I'm sure if we knew the actual number it would be scary.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Why not said:

If the elections went on popular vote ( most votes wins ) like Frank wants,  the candidates would only show up in the big cities. The rest of the country would never see them and they would never see the rest of the country.  Politicians are out of touch with most of the country as it is, if they never came out for them selves imagine how much worse it would be.

And this is one of the main reasons the founding fathers invoked the Electoral College to begin with.

As for illegal aliens voting...yes, I, too, suspect it was a very large number. After all, President Obama encouraged this by saying that no one could question anyone's citizenship at the voting polls.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Here's the thing, while US Presidents have gone to great lengths to separate themselves from their businesses there's no law requiring them to do so. So, as long as Trump doesn't do a bunch of stuff that only helps his family business (verses businesses in general) there's no way he can be successfully impeached (as in booted out of office).

No there isnt a law requiring to do so but as mentioned before there is the emolument clause which prohibits presidents from profiting from their office. Rightly or wrongly he will be under the microscope and the nanosecond there appears to be any impropriety the dems are going to pounce.  Donald Trump and the Emoluments Clause, explained 

This quote from the article above highlights exactly what im talking about :

Painter also told ThinkProgress that the president-elect’s name may alone jack up the “fair market value” of a property. Therefore, Trump products may already be considered a violation of the emoluments clause even if there’s no direct proof that the foreign governments paid more than some abstract “fair market rate:”

• Like 1

I have a dumb question.

if it is proven that Russia interfered in the US election what would you want to do? If it's proven that Russia directly involved it's self in the US election wouldn't that invalidate the entire Us democratic process this time around and require anew election to avoid foreign interference?

6 minutes ago, Thanato said:

I have a dumb question.

if it is proven that Russia interfered in the US election what would you want to do? If it's proven that Russia directly involved it's self in the US election wouldn't that invalidate the entire Us democratic process this time around and require anew election to avoid foreign interference?

I don't think anything should be done.   Say Russia did hack and spread info intended to help Trump win.   Is it much different than media outlets spreading info intended to help Hillary win?   Most European countries media outlets riled against Trump.  

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Myles said:

I don't think anything should be done.   Say Russia did hack and spread info intended to help Trump win.   Is it much different than media outlets spreading info intended to help Hillary win?   Most European countries media outlets riled against Trump.  

So you are ok with a Foreign Power directly involving it's self in the United States election process?

16 minutes ago, Thanato said:

I have a dumb question.

IMO the dissemination of information doesnt equate to interfering in the election. 

Now if there were evidence of foreign actors hacking  the voting machines or in some way interfering directly with peoples ability to vote then it would be time for war and a new election. Maybe not in that order IDK

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Thanato said:

So you are ok with a Foreign Power directly involving it's self in the United States election process?

France PM said France supports Hillary over Trump.   Hollywood went on a full assault on Trump.  

It'd be different if they tampered with the voting machines.   They just released information like the media does.

• Like 5

I put this comment on another thread but I wanted to put it here as well as it's more on topic here -

I think Anthony Weiner is a more likely candidate for passing on the Clinton Emails to WkiLeaks 
over half a million emails stored on his computer - and he had opportunity, means and motive  -

with his hurt pride, a ruined career, a marriage break up and child custody case...perhaps it was 
HIM who had the ''''insurance''' - and ammunition for revenge - I read somewhere that Huma Abedin , Clinton's
closest aid was told that she would have to divorce Wiener if she was going to be part of the election campaign -
for a man who likes to be in control this could have sent him over the top and determined to get revenge..?)

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Thanato said:

I have a dumb question.

It would have to be proven that this interference effected the outcome.  But then, if the Progs wanted to push the issue, I'd bring up the fact that Obama led an attempt to affect the Israeli elections to remove Netanyahu (and failed).  So whiners have no room to whine.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, bee said:

I put this comment on another thread but I wanted to put it here as well as it's more on topic here -

I think Anthony Weiner is a more likely candidate for passing on the Clinton Emails to WkiLeaks 
over half a million emails stored on his computer - and he had opportunity, means and motive  -

with his hurt pride, a ruined career, a marriage break up and child custody case...perhaps it was 
HIM who had the ''''insurance''' - and ammunition for revenge - I read somewhere that Huma Abedin , Clinton's
closest aid was told that she would have to divorce Wiener if she was going to be part of the election campaign -
for a man who likes to be in control this could have sent him over the top and determined to get revenge..?)

Whoa...this is something I hadn't even considered...and it's really quite a compelling hypothesis.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

IMO the dissemination of information doesnt equate to interfering in the election. 

Now if there were evidence of foreign actors hacking  the voting machines or in some way interfering directly with peoples ability to vote then it would be time for war and a new election. Maybe not in that order IDK

Your right. That is what makes me think Putin would not allow the Russian government to interfere with our election directly on 11/08. He knows that we would retaliate. And not peaceful. If Putin wanted war he would have been on the Clinton side.

Putin knows we would find it was them who did it, and all hell would break loose. He might be craze but he isn't stupid.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Lilly said:

I'm confident that an entire new set of nonsense is waiting in the wings...

• Like 1