Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

CIA says Putin helped Trump win

and-then

8 hours ago, South Alabam said:

I guarantee if they created a hotline to ask if you voted for Trump, because the Russians sent the emails to wikileaks, and that swayed your vote, Dems would call in like crazy, in any attempt to DE-legitimatize this election.

They'd call in anonymously maybe.   Which wouldn't prove anything in perhaps the dumbest hotline ever conducted since grandpa's 1-900 sex line.

I think in reality Dems love authoritarians, and Trump is going to be the authoritarian for everyone.  He'll kowtow to the right enough to keep power and savage any individual from the right who doesn't play nicely.

7 hours ago, Big Jim said:

The current administration is so intent on blaming Russian hackers that they've completely overlooked that if it happened at all then it happened while they were in charge of keeping the country secure, both physically and cyberly.  If the hacking occurred on Hillary's private server then she alone is to blame.  If it happened on supposedly secure government servers then the CIA or other agencies are to blame.  If Russia is our enemy then they should have been the focus of our defenses.  If they are not then we risk making them one with false accusations.  Whatever went wrong falls clearly on the shoulders of the people in power at the time.  Through all this Trump was a private citizen.  A very outspoken and public private citizen, but one without official power or capacity nonetheless.  If, as is being alleged, that Putin and the entire Russian intelligence establishment will do his bidding merely because he asks them then who could be better qualified to be President?  No more need for war, when Trump says jump, they jump.

They have no proof as they accuse Russia, knowing they're a superpower.

ETA : it's very disturbing.

Edited by Ellapennella

14 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

It's pretty obvious that when about 3 million more people in the country did not want Trump, they had to pull out all the stops to manage getting him in. I don't know why people are still clinging to the idea that there wasn't Russian involvement when we've got all these intelligence folks agreeing that it happened. And if we didn't have enough info that way...there's always Trump on TV asking Russia to hack. Oh...and Trump's staffers changing the Republican platform to benefit Putin. 

giphy-1-2.gif.pagespeed.ce.qf7uWseoHI.gif

There are some Republican members of the Electoral College who wish they were not voting for President-elect Donald Trump on Monday.

However, an Associated Press survey of more than 300 electors has found that Trump opponents’ dreams to use the Electoral College as the final place to block Trump’s ascent to the White House have little hope of becoming reality.

Although the electors admit to an unprecedented wave of pleas to change their votes, AP noted that electors cited everything from the law, to duty, to loyalty to cast their votes for Trump.

http://www.westernjournalism.com/electoral-college-survey-shows-electors-will-stand-by-trump/

1 hour ago, Ellapennella said:

They have no proof as they accuse Russia, knowing they're a superpower.

ETA : it's very disturbing.

Capitalism needs an enemy for survival over the long run to sustain the myth of endless growth.   It's important to have enemies or the profits will dry up.   Doesn't mean Russia has to be our enemy, but it does mean we'll need other enemies instead.

2 minutes ago, Yamato said:

Capitalism needs an enemy for survival over the long run to sustain the myth of endless growth.   It's important to have enemies or the profits will dry up.   Doesn't mean Russia has to be our enemy, but it does mean we'll need other enemies instead.

when you say we you mean them,  another reason why we elected Trump.

1 minute ago, Ellapennella said:

when you say we you mean them,  another reason why we elected Trump.

When I said we I meant we the people.  Our economy needs enemies or the profits will dry up isn't a reason to elect Trump.  Hillary would have her share of enemies too, or the profits would dry up.

3 minutes ago, Yamato said:

When I said we I meant we the people.  Our economy needs enemies or the profits will dry up isn't a reason to elect Trump.  Hillary would have her share of enemies too, or the profits would dry up.

Oh, I thought you meant them .

Bill Gates & Trump,  topic of conversation  was  "power of innovation "

He compared the president-elect’s push to bring innovation to the country to that of President John F. Kennedy’s expansion of the U.S. space program in the early 1960s. 

"A lot of his message has been about ... where he sees things not as good as he'd like," Gates said.

"But in the same way President Kennedy talked about the space mission and got the country behind that," he said, "I think whether it's education or stopping epidemics ... [or] in this energy space, there can be a very upbeat message that [Trump's] administration [is] going to organize things, get rid of regulatory barriers, and have American leadership through innovation."

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/310151-bill-gates-to-meet-with-trump

17 hours ago, danielost said:

i need more than that to respond.  what platform.  what are you talking about.

You do realize that campaigns have platforms, right? In them, they lay out what their intentions are regarding various issues.

Republican delegates at last week’s national security committee platform meeting in Cleveland were surprised when the Trump campaign orchestrated a set of events to make sure that the GOP would not pledge to give Ukraine the weapons it has been asking for from the United States.

Trump staffers in the room, who are not delegates but are there to oversee the process, intervened. By working with pro-Trump delegates, they were able to get the issue tabled while they devised a method to roll back the language.

On the sideline, Denman tried to persuade the Trump staffers not to change the language, but failed. “I was troubled when they put aside my amendment and then watered it down,” Denman told me. “I said, ‘What is your problem with a country that wants to remain free?’ It seems like a simple thing.”

When the Republican Party releases its platform Monday, the official Republican party position on arms for Ukraine will be at odds with almost all the party’s national security leaders.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwif55bpivnQAhVoyVQKHRq6DooQFggaMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.washingtonpost.com%2Fopinions%2Fglobal-opinions%2Ftrump-campaign-guts-gops-anti-russia-stance-on-ukraine%2F2016%2F07%2F18%2F98adb3b0-4cf3-11e6-a7d8-13d06b37f256_story.html&usg=AFQjCNH3SbX1N2KiMHcIZSSf6Zm1qgRsVQ&bvm=bv.142059868,d.cGw

On 12/15/2016 at 8:22 AM, Lilly said:

Well, if true it still shows interference by a foreign government....not a good thing.

However, even if Vlad Putin himself was doing the hacking and personally sent it off to Julian Assange...it still doesn't prove that the voters went Trump for that reason vs the other reasons I listed.

This is the key thing.  Despite any alleged interference from Russia, the Dems still put up the worst candidate that they could find to run for POTUS, and that's what lost them this election.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Merc14 said:

Oh no, I am sure that was as stupid as what you have posted here (I am actually not sure what you wrote, you are an easily forgotten individual).  Maybe link it so I can embarrass you again.   :rolleyes: 

qrcox.jpg

• Like 1

Ukraine is a polyglot country still dominated, heavily, by Russian language and culture and the home of millions of ethnic Russians. It's history is inextricably intertwined with that of Russia. Meddling in it's internal affairs was one of many stupid things the Clinton State Department did, with typical disastrous consequences. Of all of what they call their "Near Abroad" Ukraine is the one territory Russians have always been the most sensitive about.

• Like 1

CIA says Putin helped Trump win, hacking was by Russia...  but Assange: "Our Source Is Not the Russian Government"

http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/12/15/julian-assange-hannity-wikileaks-our-source-not-russian-government

More from the article:

"Let me be clear," Hannity followed up. "Russia did not give you the Podesta documents or anything from the DNC?"

"That’s correct," Assange said, later adding, “It has not come from a state party.”

Alrighty then...  either Assange is in it with the Russians or, the CIA is lying to us.

Now, Obuma wants to take action against Russia for this...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/12/15/obama-says-us-needs-to-respond-to-russian-cyberattacks-and-will.html

From the article:

"I think there is no doubt that when any foreign government tries to impact the integrity of our elections ... we need to take     action," Obama said. "And we will — at a time and place of our own choosing. Some of it may be explicit and publicized; some of it may not be."

Earlier Thursday, Press Secretary Josh Earnest told reporters during the daily White House briefing that "Mr. Trump obviously knew that Russia was engaged in malicious cyber activity that was helping him, [and] hurting [Democrat Hillary] Clinton ... "These are all facts that are not in dispute."

WTF Obuma!  Moreover, it's obvious Trump knew about Russian hacking?  First, Russia didn't do anything so whatever... but if Assange is in on it and the CIA is telling the truth, well how is it so obvious Mr. Press Secretary?  And what's even more hilarious is that we, Americans, are not to dispute this...  all facts baby.  Whatever.  I can't wait until Friday, January 20!

Edited by Aftermath
Add more information
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

You do realize that campaigns have platforms, right? In them, they lay out what their intentions are regarding various issues.

Republican delegates at last week’s national security committee platform meeting in Cleveland were surprised when the Trump campaign orchestrated a set of events to make sure that the GOP would not pledge to give Ukraine the weapons it has been asking for from the United States.

it is clear you do not realize that any action leads to consequences, they are absolutely correct not to give Ukraine weapons, it would not help Ukraine, it will only turn war there a lot more deadlier. they are actually saving many Ukrainian lives, but i do not expect you to understand 

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

What disturbs me is that hacking into a nation's infrastructure has become so commonplace. Just a few days ago, one billion Yahoo users had their information stolen. Yahoo is a wholly internet-reliant enterprise, and should have had in place the most powerful security system possible to prevent such attacks. 

Perhaps we're not taking cyber-warfare as seriously as we should.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChaosRose said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/global-opinions/trump-campaign-guts-gops-anti-russia-stance-on-ukraine/2016/07/18/98adb3b0-4cf3-11e6-a7d8-13d06b37f256_story.html?utm_term=.3fc1b4e4852b

You do realize that Trump won, right?

Trump's platforms aren't wrong just because they don't fit into certain individuals bad ideologies&  bad agendas.

I sort of doubt that  they were surprised.

Wikileaks revealed that Ukraine gave to Hillary Clinton's  foundation while she was SOS.

From the link Finally, Trump staffers wrote an amendment to Denman’s amendment that stripped out the platform’s call for “providing lethal defensive weapons” and replaced it with softer language calling for “appropriate assistance.” That amendment was voted on and passed.

Trump staffers in the room, who are not delegates but are there to oversee the process, intervened. By working with pro-Trump delegates, they were able to get the issue tabled while they devised a method to roll back the language.

.instead of lethal defense they changed the  language  to read "appropriate assistance".

from the link On the sideline, Denman tried to persuade the Trump staffers not to change the language, but failed.

On the sideline, Denman tried to persuade the Trump staffers not to change the language, but failed. “I was troubled when they put aside my amendment and then watered it down,” Denman told me. “I said, ‘What is your problem with a country that wants to remain free?’ It seems like a simple thing.”

from the link Diana Denman, a platform committee member from Texas who was a Ted Cruz supporter, proposed a platform amendment that would call for maintaining or increasing sanctions against Russia

(((But she was troubled, right ))) somehow i doubt that her troubles were for the right reasons.

When the Republican Party releases its platform Monday, the official Republican party position on arms for Ukraine will be at odds with almost all the party’s national security leaders.

from the link

“This is another example of Trump being out of step with GOP leadership and the mainstream

said Rachel Hoff, another platform committee member who was in the room and  her opinion which is ridiculous was this:" in a way that shows he would be dangerous for America and the world”

Of course, Trump is not the only politician to oppose sending lethal weapons to Ukraine. President Obama decided not to authorize it, despite recommendations to do so from his top Europe officials in the State Department and the military. The United States has provided Ukraine with non-lethal equipment and aid.

but she's okay & on board with provoking  Russia. makes me question her position as a think tank and defense analysis. I'm not even sure if she's really a Republican. She reminds me of Hillary  for some reason. I don't trust this Hoff individual.

Edited by Ellapennella
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, aztek said:

it is clear you do not realize that any action lead to consequences, they are absolutely correct not to give Ukraine weapons, it would not help Ukraine, it will only turn war there a lot more deadlier. they are actually saving many Ukrainian lives, but i do not expect you to understand 

What do you make of that Rachel Hoff individual? the think tank and I think defense analysis the one  who said  This is another example of Trump being out of step with GOP leadership and the mainstream  where she also said this:" in a way that shows he would be dangerous for America and the world”

Very disturbing  knowing that people like her are  defense analysis/think tanks for us. She's okay with provoking  Russia .I don't trust her. I hope Trump does not utilize her for anything.

Edited by Ellapennella

16 hours ago, Agent0range said:

http://www.factcheck.org/2016/12/clinton-counties/

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/national_world/2016/12/06/1206-clinton-won-487-counties.html

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/national_world/2016/12/06/1206-clinton-won-487-counties.html

And notice how my last source is completely anti-liberal.  This is not a shot at you.  These fake news stories can be quite convincing, and that is absolutely a problem.  I saw numerous posts about the 50 counties on my Facebook from people I know, and consider friends.  

ok so you want to give clinton the race because she won 480 counties out of 3000.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ellapennella said:

What do you make of that Rachel Hoff individual? the think tank and I think defense analysis the one  who said  This is another example of Trump being out of step with GOP leadership and the mainstream  where she also said this:" in a way that shows he would be dangerous for America and the world”

Very disturbing  knowing that people like her are  defense analysis/think tanks for us. She's okay with provoking  Russia .I don't trust her. I hope Trump does not utilize her for anything.

i have no idea who she is, i'm not that much deep into politics, but from what you said, i agree she is a danger to not just us but entire world, i hope trumps fires her,

• Like 1

Just now, danielost said:

ok so you want to give clinton the race because she won 480 counties out of 3000.

i do not think he meant that,  i think he was just making a point that not everything you read on the internet is true,

but in this case it is not much difference 50 or 500, when trump has 3000.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, aztek said:

i have no idea who she is, i'm not that much deep into politics, but from what you said, i agree she is a danger to not just us but entire world, i hope trumps fires her,

I looked her up/googled her name  when I was reading that post. I was googling who they were and who they were connected to , to better understand what the situation was.

But, Trump had a meeting with Carly Fiorina I'm not sure but i think it's for national security dealing with  cyber defense. I guess he's considering Carly to be part of the team whereas  think tank/ defense analysis areas are needed?  My question is do you trust Carly Fiorina if she is on board? I sort of think she'll be good.

ETA - she said that herself, it was from out of ChaosRose's link.

Edited by Ellapennella

4 minutes ago, aztek said:

i do not think he meant that,  i think he was just making a point that not everything you read on the internet is true,

but in this case it is not much difference 50 or 500, when trump has 3000.

even if you did the electorial college the way i said it should be done trump would have won.

The Intel briefing to the House Intel Committee was cancelled at the last minute today and the committee is POed to say the least:

“All we’ve heard from the intelligence community over the last several months is that they could not say that there was any attempt to undermine Hillary Clinton [or] to help Donald Trump,” King told Kelly. “The consensus was that there was an attempt by the Russians to put a cloud over the election, to create disunity. Well, that’s what’s happening right now, but it’s the intelligence community that’s doing it.”

“Somebody has the time to leak it to the Washington Post and the New York Times, but they don’t have the time to come to Congress,” he added. “It’s their job to come. They don’t have any choice. They have to come in, especially when they have created this.”

That is curious, isn’t it? These officials had the time to speak anonymously to two of the most left-leaning media outlets in the country (and make some serious accusations, I might add) but couldn’t find the time to speak to the committee?

Read more   http://www.chicksontheright.com/intel-briefing-on-alleged-russian-interference-in-presidential-election-canceled/

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, danielost said:

even if you did the electorial college the way i said it should be done trump would have won.

what about those fake polls? just saying.

28 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

The Intel briefing to the House Intel Committee was cancelled at the last minute today and the committee is POed to say the least:

“All we’ve heard from the intelligence community over the last several months is that they could not say that there was any attempt to undermine Hillary Clinton [or] to help Donald Trump,” King told Kelly. “The consensus was that there was an attempt by the Russians to put a cloud over the election, to create disunity. Well, that’s what’s happening right now, but it’s the intelligence community that’s doing it.”

“Somebody has the time to leak it to the Washington Post and the New York Times, but they don’t have the time to come to Congress,” he added. “It’s their job to come. They don’t have any choice. They have to come in, especially when they have created this.”

That is curious, isn’t it? These officials had the time to speak anonymously to two of the most left-leaning media outlets in the country (and make some serious accusations, I might add) but couldn’t find the time to speak to the committee?

Read more   http://www.chicksontheright.com/intel-briefing-on-alleged-russian-interference-in-presidential-election-canceled/

chickensontheright ?

from the link  the briefing has been canceled, seemingly because the review is “incomplete. If they had actual proof, wouldn’t they be more than willing to share it?  “Ninety-nine percent of the people in the CIA are great,” King added. “There’s somebody here, though, that’s behind something that’s totally irresponsible.”There’s definitely something fishy going on. The CIA hasn’t presented any credible evidence to a committee or anything. All of these reports are based on accusations made from anonymous officials who spoke to WaPo and NYT. Excuse me for having doubts.Until they provide us with proof, I’ll continue to view this as nothing more than another lame attempt to discredit Trump.

The  ODNI  said there was nothing to prove any interference., they're the ones who oversaw the election anyways,right?

B.O has a couple of loyal CIA . I still don't see ODNI budging for B.O & Hillary. besides there is no evidence because it never happened.

ETA:  I heard the briefing was this Monday.

Edited by Ellapennella