Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

simple psychic test

kartikg

44 minutes ago, back to earth said:

... and of course, we can trust  you     :)        WAIT !     Were you not the moderator that cheated and won  (using your moderator powers for evil instead of good ) in the last  ' Last person to post in this thread wins '  game  ????   Hmmmmmmm    :rolleyes:  

(yes !   and I will be standing alongside St Peter at the pearly gates when you try to get in ;  'Thats her!  Thats the one !  "  )

Anyway .....   962  .      ?     No wait .....  < rubs temples >  ... " Ommmmmmmm ... "        963  

*Writes down something*

:ph34r:

• Like 4

There's some interesting psychology going on here - why do most responders go for low numbers?  Only a couple have gone over 10,000, when the choice was any number up to 100,000....  Is it that people misread the OP, or is it a natural preference we have to 'go low', or is it.... gasp ... that the number is low and the psychic 'vibe' is out there????

Out of interest, I wonder if it might be worthwhile creating a similar thread, but this time invite potential paranormal claimants to suggest testing methodologies of their own, so we can debate and discuss and develop a fair test or set thereof.

I'm not really sure that I want to put a whole lot of time into doing it - and that's because of the medium...(pun not intended).  I don't at all follow how someone can get some sort of extra-sensory communication going - no matter how out of the ordinary and beyond science - when the other person/s are potentially thousands of kilometres away.  There is nothing other than a very weak transfer of tiny electrical currents to transfer the characters for text or the pixels for imagery ..let alone 'feelings' or similar.

I think there is potential for a really interesting discussion when it comes to how one judges a 'success'...  For example, if we used 'random' images off the web (and I gotta say that way of testing opens a huge Pandora's box of traps), how does one successfully match that image with a verbal description?  It's the old problem of subjectivity, and it's why studies to date that *have* shown any sort of positive result, have all been laced with subjective judgement and other flaws in the methodology. 

I'd love to see a genuine example of psychic reading, telekinesis or the like - imagine the possibilities if we could harness those abilities for real (and hopefully for good..).

• Like 1

I tend to doubt anyone who claims to be psychic. That said, if there were psychics, I doubt it would be a very useful trait. It probably wouldn't be controllable. Just like if there was such a thing as psychokinesis, it would probably just kick up during times of stress and be more of a nuisance than a gift. 

• Like 1

I was like what are all these numbers then reading oh, I was thinking 8 billion ? no? I think that was because I had someone mention that the pop. will be 8 billion in a blink of an eye so to speak. Didn't see much about that Cayce kid, some I wouldn't be surprised but the majority don't even try to be clever about things, besides its right there in the word counselor:::Its right there in the word, selor / seller , for example::: Try it now ! 5 minute session only $10
Later you find/hear .... or looking more in depth buttons everywhere say
EMAIL, 1 question $150 , better yet! 2 $350
, special 6 for 1000 , no phone required! that's how good we are!
FORGOT TO MENTION get a sentence back only few hundred.  Seems kind of lazy to me, just saying, can't even pick up the phone?  Thanks for the test by the way it was hoot, yep 8 bil. was my guess oh wellz.

Edited by MWoo7

On 12/13/2016 at 2:28 AM, kartikg said:

Hi all, I saw a few posts where posters feel that they have psychic power and want to know more about it. I have devised a small test. I will think, concentrate, and say out a number between 1 and 100,000 and also send the number by personal message to one of the member and he can reveal it afterwards. this way people here will get closure. 

I'm not that good at seeing specific details unless in dreams.  But I'll take a stab at it.  I see numbers 5 3 7 &1 involved in the number you picked.  Maybe a zero in there somewhere.  Maybe not. 

But you DO realize there are all sorts of psychic abilities and not all of them involved zeroing in on numbers.  If they did, the lottery results would be quite stunning every week; what with just a handful of people winning every time. 

For these reasons, psychic clarity is blocked by those on the other side.  The distribution of money & goods here in the passion play of the physical is a hotly contested matter.  If you think about it, it makes sense.  Those with more money have more influence.  And the #1 name of this game is influence; and who has it.  99% of the time it's the Big Jerk who has his minions set up with all the cash.  But not always.  And there are reasons for both which I'm not at liberty to go further with the discussion of here, or probably ever now that I think of it.

Suffice to say that psychic talents are sort of like money, in that they give one potential power & influence.  So, like money, they are probably just as tightly regulated from the other side.  But it doesn't mean the talents don't exist if they can't dial exactly in on parlor games like this one.  They are for real and their impact also for real.  So they aren't to be trifled with.  One governor that seems to keep things in check is that the more you demostrate you don't care about the power they give you, the more you can dial in on psychic abilities.  You can imagine the potential for misuse if any jerk was to develop the ability to move objects with his mind, say, or predict what lottery numbers would show up each week...

5 hours ago, Daughter of the Nine Moons said:

I can confirm nobody has correctly guessed the number.

Nor has anyone guess the lottery numbers.  See my last post for details.  I do find Rashore & my numbers interesting though.  Very close to each other.

Doesn't matter if they are similar if they are both wrong.

14 hours ago, SSilhouette said:

I'm not that good at seeing specific details unless in dreams.  But I'll take a stab at it.  I see numbers 5 3 7 &1 involved in the number you picked.  Maybe a zero in there somewhere.  Maybe not.

So, you're essentially guessing 144 numbers in one go? Is that allowed?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Timonthy said:

So, you're essentially guessing 144 numbers in one go? Is that allowed?

No, the numbers I posted just jumped in the front of my mind so I typed them and posted them.  "Is that allowed"?  I'm not sure anymore.  I'm not sure what's allowed here anymore.  Maybe I should be warned or banned for it you think?

Edited by SSilhouette

4 hours ago, SSilhouette said:

No, the numbers I posted just jumped in the front of my mind so I typed them and posted them.  "Is that allowed"?  I'm not sure anymore.  I'm not sure what's allowed here anymore.  Maybe I should be warned or banned for it you think?

Why do you cry 'victim' all the time?  You were not being bullied, that was a quite polite observation about statistics and probability.

That sort of constant whining is getting VERY tiresome.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Daughter of the Nine Moons said:

I can confirm nobody has correctly guessed the number.

So does that mean then that the test is over? Or not over yet, but no one has gotten it right yet?

I'm out of the running now- gave my numbers :) But I'm curious.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SSilhouette said:

Civil discussion for the most part. You should try it some time. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rashore said:

So does that mean then that the test is over? Or not over yet, but no one has gotten it right yet?

I'm out of the running now- gave my numbers :) But I'm curious.

I'm just the control so I can't say if it's over or not but nobody has gotten the correct answer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daughter of the Nine Moons said:

I'm just the control so I can't say if it's over or not but nobody has gotten the correct answer.

Come on you can tell me.;)

Please. I cute. I cuddlie.:lol:

tumblr_nwn2jnP3Pl1ucw7ggo1_400.gif

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Daughter of the Nine Moons said:

Oh my goodness I want that kitty.

And the kitty wants to be with you too.

I know this because I'm psychic...but I'm only an animal psychic (not a numbers psychic).

• Like 1

• The topic was locked