Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

simple psychic test

kartikg

Hi all, I saw a few posts where posters feel that they have psychic power and want to know more about it. I have devised a small test. I will think, concentrate, and say out a number between 1 and 100,000 and also send the number by personal message to one of the member and he can reveal it afterwards. this way people here will get closure. 

is this aimed at all the psychics who claim they have the ability to guess numbers between 1 and 100,000.. ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kismit said:

is this aimed at all the p. sychics w, ho claim they have the ability to guess numbers between 1 and 100,000.. ?

it is aimed at those who want to know weather they are psychic and or those who want to prove that they are psychic. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kartikg said:

it is aimed at those who want to know weather they are psychic and or those who want to prove that they are psychic. 

It doesn't look like it's aimed at an equal or fair decisive outcome. I have never ever met anyone who claimed they could do that. 

I have been in a few homes where I could tell somone had died recently in the home. it's like a sensation of taste that i feel from my lips to my stomache. Ive had it confirmed for others 3 times. but I couldn't guess the number.

My mum has what she calls pictures of events that always take place. But she couldn't guess your number.

It's an odd way to test, just sayin.

• Like 2

It's impossible to correctly guess the number when there isn't a number. I've done this game before. Plus you can freely change the number whenever you feel like it. 

5235 for the sake of this thread.

If there is a number it's probably the last for digits of your SSN.

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 2

Just now, Kismit said:

It doesn't look like it's aimed at an equal or fair decisive outcome. I have never ever met anyone who claimed they could do that. 

I have been in a few homes where I could tell somone had died recently in the home. it's like a sensation of taste that i feel from my lips to my stomache. Ive had it confirmed for others 3 times. but I couldn't guess the number.

My mum has what she calls pictures of events that always take place. But she couldn't guess your number.

It's an odd way to test, just sayin.

I don't think it's odd because it's simple, repeatable doesn't require any apparatus no traveling or money. 

1 minute ago, kartikg said:

I don't think it's odd because it's simple, repeatable doesn't require any apparatus no traveling or money. 

This has the same problem as the zener cards. You might be looking at them, but you're not thinking about them.

2 minutes ago, kartikg said:

But it's like testing carrots to find oranges.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

It's impossible to correctly guess ther when there isn't a . number. I've done this game before. Plus you can freely change the number whenever you feel like it. 

5235 for the sake of this thread.

If there is a number it's probably the last for digits of your SSN.

that's why I said I will message the number to one or more members. they will disclose it. anyone who is a skeptical will hold the number for obvious reasons. 

Just now, kartikg said:

that's why I said I will message the number to one or more members. they will disclose it. anyone who is a skeptical will hold the number for obvious reasons. 

You better message it to two moderators. So they can back up what you post,

• Like 2

Just now, XenoFish said:

You better message.  it to two moderators. So they can back up what you post,

That's even better. if mods agree just say so here and I will. 

It's still an experiment designed to fail. Been done thousands of times, hasn't worked yet. But you know that. So why start another experiment going over the same tested and debunked ground, unless you really just want to prove people wrong?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, kartikg said:

That's even better. if mods agree just say so here and I will. 

No, actually message one or two. Tell them the point of this thread and the number you have. 

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

No, actually message one or two. Tell them the point of this thread and the number you have. 

Where can I find the mods.

4 minutes ago, Kismit said:

It's still an experiment designed to fail. Been done thousands of times, hasn't worked yet. But you know that. So why start another experiment going over the same tested and debunked ground, unless you really just want to prove people wrong?

Then what kind of test has to be done to prove psychic abilities?

8 minutes ago, kartikg said:

Then what according to you can be a proper test?

According to me and I've stated  it before, the only test is to be there when it happens, to question the subjects at the time of a psychic moment, to rule out all other possible reasons for a psychic moment, in person. in an educated manor. Xeno appears to be a pretty hard nosed skeptic, very informed and experienced. (he knows his stuff) i respect that, and I respect it because I know placebos, magical thinking and cold reading to be true. But we have different points of view based on different experiences.

It really is something you can't believe in unless your left with no other choice and can only be tested in person. 

Edited by Kismit
  • Like 4

I am psychic, so... the number you are thinking of is 4877. It is also your debit card PIN and the last four digits of your phone number.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, acute said:

I am psychic, so... the number you are thinking of is 4877. It is also your debit card PIN and the last four digits of your phone number.

Lol and I'm a cold reading psychic, so I understand that your bank balance may be a little lighter than usual

ETA: but you may be coming into some surprises, family gatherings, and perhaps don't eat that second helping of pudding.

Edited by Kismit
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kismit said:

Lol and I'm a cold reading psychic, so I understand that your bank balance may be a little lighter than usual

I'm an absolute zero reading psychic and with the numbers I've just read from you, your account balance is now absolute zero.:lol:

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 2

• The topic was locked