Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
kartikg

simple psychic test

110 posts in this topic

coolguy

Psyhics dont work like this u ask one  to pick a nmber from 1 to 100  there is a 50 percent chance of them geting it wrong.and if a  psychic will tell u they can do this then there fake

ChrLzs
1 minute ago, coolguy said:

Psyhics dont work like this u ask one  to pick a nmber from 1 to 100  there is a 50 percent chance of them geting it wrong.and if a  psychic will tell u they can do this then there fake

I see you have a degree in higher maths...

• Like 1

Habitat

:blink:

• Like 1

Daughter of the Nine Moons

Just a reminder folks we really do not need to turn this thread into another sceptic vs believer slug fest.  Those have gotten rather boring.

The rules are simple Kartikg has selected a number between 1 and 100, 000 and PM'd me the number as control. Members can try to psychically (or randomly) guess the number sans the usual commentary. This exercise should have one of two results. It will either go exactly like you believed it would or it will go the exact opposite of way you believed it would. Simple right?

• Like 3

DingoLingo

.ZZ.

ChrLzs

Just curious, kartikg - was the number you chose the very first number that sprang into your head?  Is it possible it was influenced by numbers you 'like', or use in pin numbers or passwords or birthdays or....whatever?  Did you reject any numbers because they were too 'patterned', eg 12345 or 77777 or 92000...?  Please read the entire post before answering, though!

Also, how many guesses, roughly, should happen before someone stumbles on it by chance, I wonder?  It's not as simple as it may appear, as I think it's fairly likely that kartikg would not have chosen numbers like those above, and 99999, 1, 100,000, 10,000 and a whole pile of others, including numbers like 13 and 42 that have 'cultural significance'...  I'm not a probability expert so I'm not even sure where to start...  Do we have a maths/probability/stats wiz here?

In order to not skew the results further, it might be best if kartikg doesn't answer this enquiry!

• Like 2

Kmystics

55,183 Im just guessing for fun but I wanted to say ..."psychic" gifts do not work in this way. We can't read minds. We can however read the overall emotion of a person towards someone or something. Which is called being empathic or  clairsentience. Clairvoyance is seeing images in your mind about something in particular, but these images are scattered and I have to put them together in order for it to make sense to me. Not everyone has all of these skills, again being psychic is not mind reading! It is much more individualistic and complex than that. If it were that way I would have millions in the bank

Edited by Kmystics

Daughter of the Nine Moons

Since it's been almost 3 months with no correct answer I will go ahead and close it. The correct answer as provided to me on December 13th by kartikg is

I am doing a test on psychic abilities in  psychic abilities forum where a psychic will be able to tell the number which I Will be thinking all day for two days . my number is 79325.

• Like 1