Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Loud crash in the night

UM-Bot

Story submission by: Lady Daffodil Location: Pennsylvania

It was the summer of 1969. I was 13-going-on-14, and my aunt, uncle, and a couple of cousins were staying with my parents and me for a week or so. After a fun day of swimming in the pool and other stuff, we all went to bed. I don't even remember where they all slept in our tiny 3-bedroom house, but I know that neither cousin shared my little bitty bedroom with me. They must have all been crammed into our guest room. 

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/stories/111766/loud-crash-in-the-night

It sounds like a common occurrence, sorry.. namely that you just nodded off and dreamt the noise.  Apart from that, when you are lying down and preparing for sleep, your systems will be slowing down and to accurately say that it was in your closet may not reflect reality, it could have been somewhere else in the house.  I've certainly had a few occasions where there has been a loud noise that I have got up to investigate, found nothing, but when thinking back / checking the time versus what I thought it was, etc, I realised that I had in fact fallen asleep and the sound was in my dreams.  Sometimes such dream noises might be triggered by an outside noise, but it could have been much quieter than in your dream, and not from the direction that was invented by your sleeping mind.

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

I realised that I had in fact fallen asleep and the sound was in my dreams.  Sometimes such dream noises might be triggered by an outside noise, but it could have been much quieter than in your dream, and not from the direction that was invented by your sleeping mind.

Exactly.. I have experienced the same.. And the women I share furniture and children with experienced it last night..
We were lying in our bed watching doctor who when she suddenly sat up straight and asked me what that was..
What was what? I asked.
That high sound it sounded like something fell in the living room..As if one of the guitars fell down from the wall.
Well I didnt hear anything and I was lying beside her. Awake (edit)

This have happened many times with her because she allways begin to fall asleep in the middle of films/series

Edited by Rofflaren

It was all in your head

The most remarkable thing here is anyone would remember a loud noise heard in a house, one night in 1969, which is an eternity ago.