Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mysterious pipe washes up in New Zealand

UM-Bot

There's an image on Google if you search for sea fishing net, 1st picture, second row, seems to show a cylinder/tube which the net hangs from beneath the surface.

I'm guessing the pipe is something similar, can clearly see it bends so could be pretty flexible and be able to be wound onto a drum on a boat. If it has hoops on either end, they could be for the anchor line. 

• Like 2

That looks exactly like the municipal water hose that conects to my house 

10249_1G49YSKBB9GCZ1428609489.jpg

• Like 1

It's just a standard peice of poly water pipe.  If it is exactly 100 mtrs long, my first thought would be a a roll that has been seperated from its spool. Washed overboard, or lost in a flood?  

It could easily be from a landslide too.  Or a fish farm?  Not very mysterious considering what washes up on beaches.  

• Like 1

:lol:   Mystery Pipe....

Its not a mystery if its a pipe is it?. Or its a float like is used around oil spills, or used at the top of fishing nets to keep them near the surface

• Like 2

As stated above by our erudite members, this is a VERY COMMON type of PE pipe and (again, as stated above..) - it gets used for lots of stuff like agriculture and aquaculture systems.  And yes, it is often used curved around into a circle and with a net strung beneath to form a 'fish farm' where they grow captive fish up to saleable sizes.  If it breaks loose and the coupling comes apart, then you have a 100 meter chunk of relatively straight pipe floating around... but it could be any of the above suggestions, or maybe it just fell off whatever was transporting lengths of it..

Why is the media so eager to call everything a mystery?  Quiet news day?

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, Rofflaren said:

That looks exactly like the municipal water hose that conects to my house 

10249_1G49YSKBB9GCZ1428609489.jpg

If this is your water supply, you ought to get something done to improve it.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Derek Willis said:

If this is your water supply, you ought to get something done to improve it.

Ha ha no its not mine but I dont have a photo of mine so I took a photo from the net..

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Rofflaren said:

Ha ha no its not mine but I dont have a photo of mine so I took a photo from the net..

I have been to Sweden, and in my opinion your country's water is the best in the world - well, if drinking the beer is anything to go by. 

• Like 3

It's not the Aliens, it's the Atlantians. You know, Aquaman's people. Probably it was a part of one of their super technology vehicles.

Edited by DieChecker

^Atlantis marine farm.

It is for dredging likely. For desilting the bays for instance.