Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Knowledge about astral projection

Suoerjoe

For those of you who are knowledgeable on the subject of astral projection. If you use astral projection to insert yourself into someone else's dream and die; then hypothetically what happens?

? where are you getting this stuff happens from ? 

or is this just a hypothetical exercise?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Suoerjoe said:

For the purposes of this let's treat it as a hypothetical exercise.

Pink elephants appear around you and bestow you with the Power of Robocop. I mean, when you're making everything up, anything can happen.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Emma_Acid said:

Pink elephants appear around you and bestow you with the Power of Robocop. I mean, when you're making everything up, anything can happen.

#nextrobocopreboot

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Suoerjoe said:

For those of you who are knowledgeable on the subject of astral projection. If you use astral projection to insert yourself into someone else's dream and die; then hypothetically what happens?

Hypocritically, or in reality. The answer is nothing. Nothing happens because none of what you propose is real.   

• Like 2

Tone it down, Butler.  This is the Psychic Abilities forum, and it has been made clear that this is a hypothetical exercise.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Suoerjoe said:

Hypothetically, if you enter another's dream you are lucid dreaming. Nothing happens because you know it appears as a shared dream shared by telepathy.  

Some say if you die in a dream, you will really die. How could you know this to be true, because everyone who experienced this would be dead. It's really a silly concept to me! 

Most people who have an ordinary dream of their own death usually suddenly awake before the death after an deadly accident  occurs from what I've heard others say. It's a psychological effect. 

In the realms of meditation and different astral levels of conscious awareness, there are some levels very close to your physical body because your connect with your subconscious awareness and believe it to be very real. Your physical body can react to this kind of lucid dreaming, such as a burn or bruises etc. Your brain more or less sends a message to the body it was really hurt and reacts to it. Just as a monk or guru can change normally automatic body functions that others normally don't control consciously. During that level of lucid dreams one might die from a heart attack or such. Just saying most haunted people who say it is a demonic entity attacking them is their own psych manifesting as what ever they believe it to be. They aren't aware of their own imagination of fears and a belief system manifesting from a subconscious level.

You have to know yourself on different levels of awareness before you can know what is just coming from you, those emotional things your subconscious is trying to communicate to you consciously. Once you learn to connect the conscious with the subconscious,  you are more balanced and not emotional in experimenting with extra awareness of other levels of perceptions and astral realms. The subconscious holds many things which you normally don't comprehend because it communicates very crypically at first. Once you understand it, it's a very useful thing. Then you are more prepared to explore the possibilities of going beyond your own psych to the higher awarenesses that exist beyond yourself.

Edited by White Unicorn
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Suoerjoe said:

You wake up from a night terror. About it.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, aquatus1 said:

Tone it down, Butler.  This is the Psychic Abilities forum, and it has been made clear that this is a hypothetical exercise.

I did get that it's a hypothetical.  I wasn't trying to be clever with my typo either.  I missed it completely until I saw you quote me.  

We weren't given any parameters to work with, so I assumed we were talking about reality.  Now I see how it works, I guess I have nothing to add.  

Edited by The Butler

2 minutes ago, The Butler said:

Duplicated post

Edited by The Butler

17 hours ago, Suoerjoe said:

Hypothetically, you can do what you want, anything. No one else has free will in your dreams. Which means the best, and worst you could ever think of.

And if I die in those dreams, I either wake up, or immediately start a new dream which is often related to whichever I died in.

And you can take my use of 'dreams' as to mean that I have no belief in astral projection.

Just to add: It's a nice thought, but you will never be able to be inserted into another persons dreams, or theirs in yours.

Edited by Timonthy
Just to add...
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Timonthy said:

Just to add: It's a nice thought, but you will never be able to be inserted into another persons dreams, or theirs in yours.

At most you'd dream about another person dreaming.

princess-bride-wiffin-550x366.jpg

• Like 1

Ha, this reminds me of a dream I just awoke from. Long story short this guy is chasing me with a really strange fully auto gun. I didn't have a weapon. So I keep hiding from him, the whole time thinking about how I can ambush the guy. Several others had tried, only to be shot dead. Funny I never once thought about what would happen if I was shot. I know this isn't what you asked about, but it reminded me of that dream this morning.

I don't know if a person can really share in another persons dream, but Im about to do some experimenting with projection, and seeing if that experience can be shared. If anything cool happens I'll let cha know.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, XenoFish said:

You wake up from a night terror. About it.

That was so  blunt but very true LOL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, preacherman76 said:

Ha, this reminds me of a dream I just awoke from. Long story short this guy is chasing me with a really strange fully auto gun. I didn't have a weapon. So I keep hiding from him, the whole time thinking about how I can ambush the guy. Several others had tried, only to be shot dead. Funny I never once thought about what would happen if I was shot. I know this isn't what you asked about, but it reminded me of that dream this morning.

I don't know if a person can really share in another persons dream, but Im about to do some experimenting with projection, and seeing if that experience can be shared. If anything cool happens I'll let cha know.

I experimented with that. It's easier if a person you live with is asleep dreaming and you are close to them. With nothingness of your own thoughts try to enter their mind. It's more about empathy than a projection of astral.

This was my first serious try, I didn't experience it as a shared lucid dream but saw flashes of characters in the dream. It was my spouse and Dr Siusse characters and those bouncing flowers in a commercial for an axiety drug. I wrote it in my study log that night before I would ask about it in the morning, this is important in all experimentation. I thought it was pretty off beat for an adult and I would be wrong. Well, when I asked about the dream in the morning, I was told it was Dr Suisse cat in the hat and bouncincing flowers.Too much Chantix  was the causing the very weird dreams from TV, I guess LOL.

That success brought me to try something different. Can my thoughts  enter other people's dreams, as my mother said she could do?  Spouses and kids make such good guinea pigs LOL. I wrote my constructive motivative and drive message,  that I would try to send about the importance of adult college classes to get better jobs like I did in real life. I focused on words not vision. Next morning, the comment over coffee was, I had the weirdest dream last night that I was in  college  again and you drove your car into the class and told the instructor that he had to teach me a new job, so I could make lots of money like you did!  Well, I gathered that the message went through but the dream was my spouse's unconscious mind creating the message in a very weird dream that wasremembered at awakening. 

I've tried sending visions to work acquaintances in later experiments. The need and emotion was there when I tried it out of pure desperation. I had to envision them at a time I knew they would be asleep. This was most difficult to focus since you had to connect at a distance. It was more like a remote viewing when you envisioned the  sleeping person and you finally could see them very vividly in an instant. 

We had a massive layoff at work and I needed a new position to stay local and there was only one opening. I envisioned to each one with the choice of who to hire that I was a perfect choice and me doing so well in the job. After I was chosen for the new position over many many others and some way more qualified, I fished for answers after hire. I was told the usual, we see more potential in you and three of them admitted to me they had even dreamed how good I would be and trusted their gut feelings! I believe this was beyond coincidental. I also deduced that the need of survival played a big part of it being apparently successful. I think many of the psychic type of things work like a person who gets an adrenaline rush to be stronger in an emergency situation. It's more about need and right timing and situation, to use that something a little extra. That's why people who experience something considered on the paranormal side of life can't usually reproduce the same effects later unless a genuine need is there to do it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, preacherman76 said:

Wow WU, that is amazing.

Life is totally amazing when we really try to comprehend all the complexities that exist and connect us to each other!  

2 hours ago, White Unicorn said:

Life is totally amazing when we really try to comprehend all the complexities that exist and connect us to each other!  

Amen to that. I now have both my boys wanting to project. Next time I get out I'm gonna try to get them. My oldest didn't seem to interested, even when he saw me writing a book on the subject. Yesterday though we watched a nightmare on elm street 3. He's just like me when it come to horror flix (we watched the made for TV version that took out most of the really bad stuff). There is a part where they do a group hypnosis thing, and without directly explaining what was happening basically astral projected together. One of the kids became a wizard. So I told him that that was really possible, and basically if you believe you can do something, no matter how crazy it might seem, its possible in that dimension. So he's all like, "wait what???" I seen the gleam in his eye right then, and I knew I had him hooked. He tried a guided meditation when he went to bed last night and on his first try he felt vibrations in his hands. He considered that a failure, till I told him how long and hard I've been trying to do this for like 3 years now. And how many times I'd get nothing. Told him for his first try, he did great.

My 5 year old has been pumped for a while to try this, but he, being 5, doesn't really get it. So I told him if it was possible that I would come and get him. I'm pretty sure I'll be able, just don't know if he will remember it.

I've been trying to get my oldest to meditate with me, but there has been resistance on his part. Now that he wants to project, at least he is spending time in meditation without even knowing it. lol

20 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Amen to that. I now have both my boys wanting to project. Next time I get out I'm gonna try to get them. My oldest didn't seem to interested, even when he saw me writing a book on the subject. Yesterday though we watched a nightmare on elm street 3. He's just like me when it come to horror flix (we watched the made for TV version that took out most of the really bad stuff). There is a part where they do a group hypnosis thing, and without directly explaining what was happening basically astral projected together. One of the kids became a wizard. So I told him that that was really possible, and basically if you believe you can do something, no matter how crazy it might seem, its possible in that dimension. So he's all like, "wait what???" I seen the gleam in his eye right then, and I knew I had him hooked. He tried a guided meditation when he went to bed last night and on his first try he felt vibrations in his hands. He considered that a failure, till I told him how long and hard I've been trying to do this for like 3 years now. And how many times I'd get nothing. Told him for his first try, he did great.

My 5 year old has been pumped for a while to try this, but he, being 5, doesn't really get it. So I told him if it was possible that I would come and get him. I'm pretty sure I'll be able, just don't know if he will remember it.

I never heard of a family trying to project together except in sci-fi. I suppose it's possible.

My dad astralled and we talked of our different experiences sometimes but he never encouraged experimenting in these things together like your doing.  He taught me card tricks of probability and poker, then the real ones of emptying the mind to receive the picture in your mind of the what another person was seeing. Needless to say even when I was a kid I gambled well, I owe that to dad's magic tricks and advise to only bet up on money you win, always hold most winnings aside and never bet more than you can lose. Not that we were gamblers, but he was showing me more about telepathy. We had fun testing it out though and I made lots of money. I was better than him probably because I was young and more open to it. It came in handy the first time I went to Vegas years later, paid for a family vacation and I still had money left for Christmas expenses. Empty the mind even works on machines, if that connection isn't there, I don't. 

The other amazing trick  he showed me was making a compass spin by thought. I couldn't do that at all when I was a kid but he planted the seed of curiosity that stuck with me about TK.  Later in life I got an EMF detector and discovered that energy fields I was aware of was EMF from normal sources and the other kind during channeling meditations, the conscious type vs the I feel an energy field so I figure he did the compass by manipulating the fields.  I knew he said you become one with an energy field to do it by it wasn't until years later that I knew for sure what they were scientifically. He told me another thing that living people can do anything ghosts can do if they learn to astral. It's very true.