Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

5 arrested making fake Aleppo vid in Egypt

OverSword

If you have been following the crisis in the Syrian city of Aleppo closely, you have undoubtedly seen claims that the mainstream media is propagating a great deal of misinformation. Mainstream media outlets have even started to acknowledge this horrifying fact.

However, if one ever needed a reason to be skeptical of claims, photographs, and/or videos coming out of the region, Egyptian authorities have just provided it.

Five people in Port Said, Egypt, have been arrested for allegedly making fake videos that purport to show the wreckage of air strikes in Aleppo, according to the Egyptian Interior Ministry.

The statement said the videographer, his assistants, and the parents of two children who appear in the footage were detained after a trail led police to them at a building site awaiting demolition. The five have reportedly admitted they were planning to distribute their footage on social media, which was supposed to show an eight-year-old girl in a white dress and bandages, covered in red stains while holding a teddy bear.

“A 12-year-old boy is also interviewed about what life is like under intensive Russian-backed Syrian government air strikes,” reported The Independent.

Source

• Like 2

Your "source" is a conspiracy website that has been debunked on many occasions? 

This is propaganda.

32 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Your "source" is a conspiracy website that has been debunked on many occasions? 

This is propaganda.

Show me an example of a-media being debunked please. :rolleyes:

And you're right.  This would have been propaganda had they not been caught.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1

You're welcome! I don't take anything for granted. I always research the facts before opening my mouth. :P

I had already looked further into it after I read it on another site.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 4

The five have reportedly admitted they were planning to distribute their footage on social media, which was supposed to show an eight-year-old girl in a white dress and bandages, covered in red stains while holding a teddy bear.

That would have been almost as powerful as the Syrian toddler face down on the beach.
You almost don't want to believe this story because it forces you to reconsider ALL war media coverage in recent memory.

• Like 4

Isn't it interesting, none of our major news sources are reporting this? Of course, they never make false reports without getting all of the facts. They most certainly never omit news to sway opinions that contradicts their narrative.

It's almost as if they have an agenda. :whistle:

• Like 5

Makes me wonder, now that there may actually be some kind of peace taking hold in the region is the west going to allow it or are they going to double down on anti-Assad propaganda?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Makes me wonder, now that there may actually be some kind of peace taking hold in the region is the west going to allow it or are they going to double down on anti-Assad propaganda?

I'm sure it will die down. Obama's gone and Hillary didn't win. They were the ones determined to take Assad out.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

That would have been almost as powerful as the Syrian toddler face down on the beach.
You almost don't want to believe this story because it forces you to reconsider ALL war media coverage in recent memory.

yes - like the Boy in the Ambulance ---

edit to add link to OverSword's thread about it -

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/topic/299997-the-boy-in-the-ambulance-debunked/

Edited by bee
  • Like 3

There is a huuuuge questionmark over the 'White Helmets' - who are raking the money in and providing
lots of anti Assad anti-Russia propaganda for Western Mind Control Media -

notice the man in the so called ''''Mannequin Challenge'''' thanked the White Helmets for rescuing him
on social media -  (at 58 seconds) after they had removed the footage of getting him out of the rubble -- whoops -

• Like 2

6 hours ago, bee said:

There is a huuuuge questionmark over the 'White Helmets' - who are raking the money in and providing
lots of anti Assad anti-Russia propaganda for Western Mind Control Media -

notice the man in the so called ''''Mannequin Challenge'''' thanked the White Helmets for rescuing him
on social media -  (at 58 seconds) after they had removed the footage of getting him out of the rubble -- whoops -

• Like 1

On 12/21/2016 at 7:13 PM, OverSword said:

So much for fake news.  Thanks Michelle.  ChaosRose, maybe you should give that whole website a closer look, they really are pretty reliable.

This is not fake news. Arrests have been made in Portsaid, and the original sources are the Egyptian Ministry of Interior and Egyptian newspapers. 

http://egyptianstreets.com/2016/12/21/egypt-police-arrest-five-for-using-children-to-make-fake-aleppo-videos/

• Like 2

On 12/21/2016 at 8:38 PM, Dark_Grey said:

There is a picture of the poor little girl wearing a paper bag on her head. However, the bag looks crisp and un-crumpled, her white socks and black shoes are spotless (not a speck of dust on them) in the middle of the ruins of a battlefield! It all screams "fake" 

• Like 2