Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

why am i psychically connected to him?

feversome

The past year, when this person was around in the same building but not the same room, I always sensed when he was thinking of me in a particularly nice way or was particularly angry with me, and it was always accurate when I saw him. The background to this story is that he has a form of tinnitus and can HEAR people talking about him from several rooms away, so depending on what I was saying, his reaction would be good or bad, but I always sensed it first. 

It's not just that I imagined it knowing already that he had acute hearing... I didn't always know. There was a point in time when I didn't have this information. I found out a few weeks after the psychic connection started. That time I was talking to a friend about my crush on him (he was one of my lecturers) and I sensed him going from cold and hostile to warm and affectionate. He had been cold to me when I had left the room... when I came back, after my whinge about him, he was nice, just as I had sensed he would be. On his part it wasn't psychic, he could actually hear me. But on my part, sensing his emotional reaction to my words before I re-entered the room, it was. This sort of thing continued to happen after I found out about his hearing.

My question is, why him? I now believe in psychic connections but I have had strong feelings for countless people before and never have I been able to sense anything from another room. Why are some people special? I love that I could sense him, but I don't know why. What are some common theories on this or your own take on it?

Edit: also yesterday an uncanny feeling about him thinking of me came over me but I haven't seen him in months and have no proof he was thinking of me. My own thoughts of him had dwindled over the weeks since I saw him last. Being a public holiday he may have had some time off and been googling me or something. I wondered if that was the case. I almost felt "watched" but I have been prone to psychotic delusions in the past so I don't know. Very strange anyway.

That's strange and cute at the same time.... I have no idea what to say but I don't know anyone who had this experience and never had it myself.

Edit: Actually, you're kinda similar to someone I know, It's weird but the way you type is similar, but she has blocked me for a long time.

Edited by Noctil

You have given the reasons for why you feel you are psychically connected to him, i.e. from what you describe, he is clairaudient and you are in love with him.   Being in love opens up the senses so is it so surprising?

1 hour ago, feversome said:

The background to this story is that he has a form of tinnitus and can HEAR people talking about him from several rooms away

Do you know what tinnitus is?? 
I have tinnitus and I can assure you that what you are talking about is not tinnitus.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tinnitus

• Like 4

the person with the crush gives enormous power of approval to the object of their crush 

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/surviving-your-childs-adolescence/201209/adolescence-and-the-teenage-crush

• Like 3

The only connection you have to this guy is psychological. Not psychic. Psychic abilities do not exist. What it seems to me is that you got this thing going for your concept of this guy. As for his hearing it might just be acute. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Herr Falukorv said:

Do you know what tinnitus is?? 
I have tinnitus and I can assure you that what you are talking about is not tinnitus.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tinnitus

I questioned this and found many website links connecting tinnitus to clairaudience, i.e. it can be accompanied by this.

5 minutes ago, sees said:

I questioned this and found many website links connecting tinnitus to clairaudience, i.e. it can be accompanied by this.

Nope, nope, and nope. Clairaudience just means clear hearing, if you've got tinnitus you don't hear clearly. You've got a ringing going on 24/7. It's annoying.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, sees said:

It seems that those writing those pages dont have tinnitus themself.. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Herr Falukorv said:

It seems that those writing those pages dont have tinnitus themself.. 

I found many personal websites depicting the link between tinnitus and clairaudience....perhaps you overlooked these?  Then we get into the realms of subjectivity and proof....so I will unfollow this thread here.   

I know that fakes have been found in the psychic world but...so what?  There are fakes in many professions which does not preclude/rule out those with genuine abilities.  I am claircognizant and learnt very quickly that this forum is dismissive and often encountered insulting posts intent on undermining/ridiculing me.  Just as well that I don't have a victim's mentality and am empowered but I don't need to subject myself to such disrespect.  It is impossible to prove online and this should be acknowledged!  I realise there is a huge resistance here to being open minded on the subject and that is regrettable. 

Edited by sees

If anything it's audio pareidola brought on as a side effect of tinnitus.

Your supposedly claircognizant and I'm intuitive, difference is I can explain my through psychology.

• Like 1

Wait wait you all misunderstand. HE has tinnitus/hyperacusis but it is ME who is having psychic intuition. He doesn't necessarily have psychic powers. I was just giving background information if you read carefully...

19 hours ago, Noctil said:

That's strange and cute at the same time.... I have no idea what to say but I don't know anyone who had this experience and never had it myself.

Edit: Actually, you're kinda similar to someone I know, It's weird but the way you type is similar, but she has blocked me for a long time.

Thanks :) I only just joined so different person unfortunately...

3 hours ago, feversome said:

Thanks :) I only just joined so different person unfortunately...

Oh she never joined here but I know It's a different person.

On 2016-12-26 at 9:54 AM, feversome said:

The background to this story is that he has a form of tinnitus and can HEAR people talking about him from several rooms away

5 hours ago, feversome said:

Wait wait you all misunderstand. HE has tinnitus/hyperacusis but it is ME who is having psychic intuition. He doesn't necessarily have psychic powers. I was just giving background information if you read carefully...

Tinnitus and hyperacusis doesn´t make your hearing more acute than the average guy..

On 26/12/2016 at 9:34 PM, sees said:

How many of them are written by medical proffessionals?  I can answer that without searching. None. Clairaudience is a purported ability to hear voices from the spirit world. 

5 hours ago, The Butler said:

How many of them are written by medical proffessionals?  I can answer that without searching. None. Clairaudience is a purported ability to hear voices from the spirit world. 

Just because it is not yet officially acknowledged does not mean that it is not real.   Science has significant limitations when it comes to such phenomenon.

44 minutes ago, sees said:

Just because it is not yet officially acknowledged does not mean that it is not real.   Science has significant limitations when it comes to such phenomenon.

And it doesn't mean it has any relation to any known hearing issues.  Tinnitus and hyperacusis are hearing problems. Not special gifts. No need for any imagination or feelings about it. Just science. Obviously ongoing, as the causes of the known conditions are not known or agreed upon in any great way.  But still science. Based on real world issues, not imaginary ones. 

ETA. I meant to say "causes unknown, etc" about hyperacusis. I think tinnitus is established as mostly from exposure to loud monotonous noise? 

Edited by The Butler

16 minutes ago, The Butler said:

And it doesn't mean it has any relation to any known hearing issues.  Tinnitus and hyperacusis are hearing problems. Not special gifts. No need for any imagination or feelings about it. Just science. Obviously ongoing, as the causes of the known conditions are not known or agreed upon in any great way.  But still science. Based on real world issues, not imaginary ones. 

ETA. I meant to say "causes unknown, etc" about hyperacusis. I think tinnitus is established as mostly from exposure to loud monotonous noise? 

Yes...you obviously didn't read my post above # 7

2 minutes ago, sees said:

Yes...you obviously didn't read my post above # 7

I have no idea why you say that.  I read your post. I disregarded the assertion you tried to make. I scoffed at your qualification in a later post that personal experiences are somehow as good as scientifically proven facts about known medical conditions.  

I note that you obviously discount the many times I've seen pareidolia explained to you and others here, over the last couple of weeks?   Tinnutis and white noise have some things in common.  

11 minutes ago, The Butler said:

I have no idea why you say that.  I read your post. I disregarded the assertion you tried to make. I scoffed at your qualification in a later post that personal experiences are somehow as good as scientifically proven facts about known medical conditions.  

I note that you obviously discount the many times I've seen pareidolia explained to you and others here, over the last couple of weeks?   Tinnutis and white noise have some things in common.  

OK calm down!  We are allowed to have our opinions here.  I have not discounted pareidolia here but can you prove that it is the cause? 

I know nothing of the 'many times' that I have supposedly had it explained to me.  (First time I have seen the word pareidolia used actually!)  You sound like a condescending teacher so you should know that I am empowered and don't have a victim's mentality!  We are on equal footing as members here. You are obviously one of the many members here who cannot tolerate any phenomenon that is not backed by science.  Oh well dontknow.gif

Edited by sees

5 minutes ago, sees said:

OK calm down!  We are allowed to have our opinions here.  I have not discounted pareidolia here but can you prove that it is the cause? 

I know nothing of the 'many times' that I have supposedly had it explained to me.  (First time I have seen the word pareidolia used actually!)  You sound like a condescending teacher so you should know that I am empowered and don't have a victim's mentality!  We are on equal footing as members here. You are obviously one of the many members here who cannot tolerate any phenomenon that is not backed by science.  Oh well, never mind.

You should probably stop trying to psychoanalyse people on the internet. Your application of rational, or critical thinking, isn't being displayed here.

Calm down, you say?  I didn't use any exclamation marks ...... I'm perfectly calm, thanks. 

I didn't make any claim that pareidolia was applicable to the story in this thread. I was making a point about your insistence that clairaudience had some connection to tinnutis.  

We know nothing about the guy mentioned in the OP. We don't know if he claims to hear feversome's thoughts. She hasn't said that.  If I'm reading between the lines correctly, she hasn't spoken about any of this with him.  She knows because she is psychic. 

30 minutes ago, The Butler said:

You should probably stop trying to psychoanalyse people on the internet. Your application of rational, or critical thinking, isn't being displayed here.

Calm down, you say?  I didn't use any exclamation marks ...... I'm perfectly calm, thanks. 

I didn't make any claim that pareidolia was applicable to the story in this thread. I was making a point about your insistence that clairaudience had some connection to tinnutis.  

We know nothing about the guy mentioned in the OP. We don't know if he claims to hear feversome's thoughts. She hasn't said that.  If I'm reading between the lines correctly, she hasn't spoken about any of this with him.  She knows because she is psychic. 

It seems that you have not grasped what I have said in a previous post # 7.  Far from 'insisting' that there is a connection between having the condition of tinnutis and it being linked to clairaudience, I have said that it CAN be accompanied by it.  Clearly this went over your head.

I do admit it is a grey area re. feversome's experience. It is unfortunate that the word psychic is so disrespected, undermined and dismissed on this forum.    

Edited by sees

People, his sensitive hearing is barely even relevant to this, itwas just background info. The person with the sensitive hearing is not having psychic experiences, I am having psychic experiences.