Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Angela Merkel is destroying Europe

Unusual Tournament

3 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

I bet he would. Note that he'd like to be remembered as the one who told the People what they should do. A telling choice of words that. 

He always had (has) the desires of a dictator - gawd knows what he's up to behind the scenes as we speak to
try and prevent / delay / water down.... Brexit -

I can see him now having long private 'chats' {shudder} with Gina Miller to get her to be the Face of '''Democracy''' and 
to lead the case to the High Court - never mind that it put her well and truly in the firing line for widespreadpublic anger -

13 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

I could be wrong on this. Do us a favour stevewinn and post a link for your claim that Britain helped with the bailouts and in particular Greece. :)

It's not a case you could be wrong you are wrong.

The United Kingdom is part of the EFSM and as such where liable by 13% to the EFSM and of 4.5% to money provided by the IMF. Via the EFSM and IMF the UK took part in the bailouts. It was under a labour Government; Chancellor Alistair Darling (2010) Even in July 2015 the UK was still contributing to the continued Greek bailout even though we got assurances we wouldn't.

Its pretty simple, if any of these countries had a Bailout Via the EFSM or IMF then the UK was involved.

Provided multiple sources.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/91614/response/231018/attach/2/document2011 11 28 181609.pdf

http://ec.europa.eu/economy_finance/eu_borrower/efsm/index_en.htm

https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/statement-by-the-financial-secretary-to-the-treasury-mark-hoban-mp-on-financial-assistance-for-ireland

http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-eurozone-greece-britain-idUKKCN0PQ21V20150716

46 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Has it ever been made clear why you hold the population of a country 9,000 or so miles from you in such contempt? Is it some old colonial resentment against the Poms? So can I presume you'd be eager for Australian independence and to shake off the last remaining ties to the Old Country? So why do you have such disdain for the Old country wishing to do the same with a multinational superstate that has much more power than the Old country has ever had over Oz?

You are spot on - hit the nail on the head as they say. Its not that Capitan fantastic likes the EU, Its just he dislikes the UK.

Absolutely loving the NEWs coming out today that Brexit means Brexit, Theresa May is expected to say in her speech on Tuesday that We're Leaving the EU and Single Market. Brilliant. Its for the Best the EU thought they were going to keep us on the hook. shockwaves through the EU. no longer will they be able to tell us what to do or influence us. :D

I said a long while ago now, The EU expected us to walk into the negotiations asking for - and them being in a position to deny us. We simply now walk into the EU and ask what they want. if they play hard ball, we leave no two years wasted negotiating when there's nothing to negotiate. bang. The founding father of the Euro as said the Euro currency is not in a position to survive the next crisis. - Play hard ball EU, Scuttle yourselves.

8 minutes ago, bee said:

He always had (has) the desires of a dictator - gawd knows what he's up to behind the scenes as we speak to
try and prevent / delay / water down.... Brexit -

I can see him now having long private 'chats' {shudder} with Gina Miller to get her to be the Face of '''Democracy''' and 
to lead the case to the High Court - never mind that it put her well and truly in the firing line for widespreadpublic anger -

This is the same Tony Bliar that took us to war in the middle-east, then became the the middle-east peace envoy. (you literally couldn't make it up) After making millions of pounds out of his role the man has come home to roost, and will be starting his own Anti-Brexit lobby group. the Tony Blair Institute.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Captain Risky said:

Tell me... where have i held your country in contempt? Sure I'm an Australian republican. That's no secret. But calling me anti UK cause i agree with 48% of the voters and not the other 52% is a ridiculous position. Again prove it.

It's not the fact that you disagree with the 52%. It's the manner in which you do it, based on internet propaganda and your own skewed perspective. It's called confirmation bias, and it adds nothing to a meaningful debate.

It's also massively hypocritical that one of your primary criticisms of the 52% is that we're somehow prejudiced, when that's apparently the driving force behind your own view of Britain.

Anyway, this is becoming the Brexit thread 2.0, albeit without your sidekick, Comical Ali. Time to call time on this one too.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

I bet he would. Note that he'd like to be remembered as the one who told the People what they should do. A telling choice of words that. 

Hell i'd like to also be remembered as the bloke that predicted the following:

Brexit will cause a bitter divorce from the EU...

The EU will ostracise the UK...

May will be forced to resign...

8 hours ago, LV-426 said:

It's not the fact that you disagree with the 52%. It's the manner in which you do it, based on internet propaganda and your own skewed perspective. It's called confirmation bias, and it adds nothing to a meaningful debate.

It's also massively hypocritical that one of your primary criticisms of the 52% is that we're somehow prejudiced, when that's apparently the driving force behind your own view of Britain.

Anyway, this is becoming the Brexit thread 2.0, albeit without your sidekick, Comical Ali. Time to call time on this one too.

You have thin skin and like your compatriots cannot take on board constructive criticism.  

19 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

You have thin skin and like your compatriots cannot take on board constructive criticism.  

There's nothing constructive about your generalizations and bias, and all you have is meaningless one-line replies that never answer the questions posed to you. You don't have the best interests of Britain at heart in any way, shape or form.

You should have emigrated here in the run up to Brexit. Not only would you have had a guaranteed job from Cameron with such qualities, you'd also have had an opportunity to learn about Britain and get a clue what you're talking about.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Divorce is the wrong analogy, a more suitable analogy is to what's actually happening, that of leaving a Club, and a political club at that. 

The EU will ostracise the UK, you might have forgotten but we voted to leave the club. We ain't being thrown out, we chose to leave.

After May is forced to resign who will replace her? 

51 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

I've heard Hillary Clinton supporters who are less full of hate than you are.

50 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Constructive?! 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

I've heard Hillary Clinton supporters who are less full of hate than you are.

Good for you.

21 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Constructive?! 

Okay wrong choice of word... still you get my point. ;)

34 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

Divorce is the wrong analogy, a more suitable analogy is to what's actually happening, that of leaving a Club, and a political club at that. 

The EU will ostracise the UK, you might have forgotten but we voted to leave the club. We ain't being thrown out, we chose to leave.

After May is forced to resign who will replace her? 

Well I think divorce is what it is. I just wanna point out that graph younposted earlier. The UK is/soon to be not the second biggest contributor cause it's the second biggest gainer from the EU. You should really look at all sides mate.

11 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Well I think divorce is what it is. I just wanna point out that graph younposted earlier. The UK is/soon to be not the second biggest contributor cause it's the second biggest gainer from the EU. You should really look at all sides mate.

What News source have you been reading now to come to that conclusion? share it, lets see. :sleepy:

Here';s an interesting graph to that effect:

2JunEUcontribsFINALweb (1)

(from here https://inews.co.uk/explainers/charts/much-uk-pays-eu-much-get-back/ )

Seemingly the Uk is pretty much in the middle of the net contribution graph. It seems to contribute almost exactly twice what it receives, but look how much Poland, for example, gets in proportion to what it contributes. Why is that country so hopeless that, despite this, its people can't wait to leave to get more lucrative jobs working as poorly paid fruit pickers on Alibongo's estates?

Edited by Manfred von Dreidecker

36 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

2JunEUcontribsFINALweb (1)

(from here https://inews.co.uk/explainers/charts/much-uk-pays-eu-much-get-back/ )

Seemingly the Uk is pretty much in the middle of the net contribution graph. It seems to contribute almost exactly twice what it receives, but look how much Poland, for example, gets in proportion to what it contributes. Why is that country so hopeless that, despite this, its people can't wait to leave to get more lucrative jobs working as poorly paid fruit pickers on Alibongo's estates?

I know you're better than this, Manfred. You know perfectly well that the success of the British economy is hinged on the EU and the access it provides to 500 million consumers. The member country's do well so they pay more... to support the poorer ones that provide the markets for those successful economies.

If Britain wants to stop paying into the EU budget then it's businesses don't get free access to the 500 million consumers that make up the EU. Surely you don't have a problem with this?  

Edited by Captain Risky

The funny part of all this is that Russia gets another chance to break U.S. dominance over Europe and Trump will solidify it. NATO will die and the European Union will be forced to come to a economic partnership with Russia to safe guard its interests. Effectively replacing the UK with Russia. Trump and the brexiteers just lost an empire.

Edited by Captain Risky

Why are you so obsessed with the idea that Britain will never ever be able to trade with the 500 million European consumers? besides, what are these things that it trades with these 500 million Europeans? If the EU is such a benevolent institution it would never dictate to its "member" countries that they must not trade with countries that defy the Empire, would they? Effectively impose sanctions on it? That would be the act of a dictatorship. The EU isn't a dictatorship, is it? 

26 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

If we take out Spain and Ireland --- as they are equal and nearly equal with giving and receiving --

we have 9 economies essentially supporting 17 economies -

I'm no economist but just that tells me that there is too much imbalance and the expansion has been too quick
and this spells trouble ahead for the EU and the Euro -

Just now, Captain Risky said:

The funny part of all this is that Russia gets another chance to break U.S. dominance over Europe and Trump will solidify it. NATO will die and the European Union will be forced to come to a economic partnership with Europe. Trump and the brexiteers just lost an empire.

It'd be fascinating to ask why people like you and Frank seem to be so paranoid about the Red Menace. The EU will be forced to come into an economic partnership with Europe? I'm guessing you mean the USSR I mean Russia. So that would be a bad thing? See what avenues of illogic paranoia leads you up. 

1 minute ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Why are you so obsessed with the idea that Britain will never ever be able to trade with the 500 million European consumers? besides, what are these things that it trades with these 500 million Europeans? If the EU is such a benevolent institution it would never dictate to its "member" countries that they must not trade with countries that defy the Empire, would they? Effectively impose sanctions on it? That would be the act of a dictatorship. The EU isn't a dictatorship, is it? 

Never said that. Britain will trade BUT without free access. It will trade just like any other nation and in fact with barriers to certain industries if no trade deal is forth coming. 

2 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

It'd be fascinating to ask why people like you and Frank seem to be so paranoid about the Red Menace. The EU will be forced to come into an economic partnership with Europe? I'm guessing you mean the USSR I mean Russia. So that would be a bad thing? See what avenues of illogic paranoia leads you up. 

Beginning to question whether you're British and not some paid Russian stooge???

8 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

We've been over this already, and all lost the argument of the day.

13 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

I'll ask again, in reference to the graph you referred to on the matter of UK contributions to the EU, you state in bold above that the UK is/soon not to be the biggest contributor but second biggest gainer from the EU. On what basis are you assuming this.

Just now, Captain Risky said:

Beginning to question whether you're British and not some paid Russian stooge???

Well, you've just proved my point. Unable to provide any rational response, so, much like Frank, hit the tired old kneejerk response cliche. You realise the moment this "argument" is deployed it reduces your chances of your argument being taken seriously effectively to zero?

2 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

We've been over this already, and all lost the argument of the day.

What a cop out of an answer.

3 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

I'll ask again, in reference to the graph you referred to on the matter of UK contributions to the EU, you state in bold above that the UK is/soon not to be the biggest contributor but second biggest gainer from the EU. On what basis are you assuming this.

Well if the UK stops contributing then why should the EU give it any privileges or advantages over other foreign country's?