Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Angela Merkel is destroying Europe

Unusual Tournament

5 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Beginning to question whether you're British and not some paid Russian stooge???

:rolleyes:

I know we are  supposed to be good little sheep and all get paranoid about Trump and Russia -

but you can't fool all of the people all of the time, you know --- try as you might ...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Well, you've just proved my point. Unable to provide any rational response, so, much like Frank, hit the tired old kneejerk response cliche. You realise the moment this "argument" is deployed it reduces your chances of your argument being taken seriously effectively to zero?

How so? You advocate for the UK leaving the EU and the break up of Europe. The EU will look for other markets and security. Trump and May are morons of the highest order. 

1 minute ago, bee said:

:rolleyes:

I know we are  supposed to be good little sheep and all get paranoid about Trump and Russia -

but you can't fool all of the people all of the time, you know --- try as you might ...

Trump and Putin are authoritarian figures which means anti democratic. That should be reason enough to be worried. 

Just now, Captain Risky said:

What a cop out of an answer.

Well if the UK stops contributing then why should the EU give it any privileges or advantages over other foreign country's? 

Far from a cop out answer, its been covered in the other Brexit thread numerous times. What do you want a discussion about. - If you will, personal comment on each link, and lets see if it hasn't been covered before.

On contributions, its a strange argument you make, The UK's leaving is going to make us second biggest gainer from the EU. well that's a positive argument for Brexit.

1 minute ago, Captain Risky said:

How so? You advocate for the UK leaving the EU and the break up of Europe. The EU will look for other markets and security. Trump and May are morons of the highest order. 

you are calling around half the population of America and the UK of being morons when you say that about Trump and May -

Nothing that a good old fashioned Dictatorship can't put right though I suppose ---

if only the 'deplorables' on both sides of the pond would just be more obedient and easier to undoctrinate --- sheeesh - 

Just now, stevewinn said:

Far from a cop out answer, its been covered in the other Brexit thread numerous times. What do you want a discussion about. - If you will, personal comment on each link, and lets see if it hasn't been covered before.

On contributions, its a strange argument you make, The UK's leaving is going to make us second biggest gainer from the EU. well that's a positive argument for Brexit.

Thats the second time you've mentioned that... dude that must have been a mistake on my behalf. The UK leaving will not allow it to benefit like it does now. That should be obvious.

1 minute ago, bee said:

you are calling around half the population of America and the UK of being morons when you say that about Trump and May -

Nothing that a good old fashioned Dictatorship can't put right though I suppose ---

if only the 'deplorables' on both sides of the pond would just be more obedient and easier to undoctrinate --- sheeesh - 

No where to hide... so yes they are. If counties like America and the UK spend the better part of 80 years fighting authoritarian regimes only to capitulate near the finish line, then what else could they be but morons. 

Thats the second time you've mentioned that... dude that must have been a mistake on my behalf. The UK leaving will not allow it to benefit like it does now. That should be obvious.

Well those benefits that did/do exist have been declining for some time in respect of the UK, and as such those advantages of being outside the EU now outweigh being part of the EU.

Just now, stevewinn said:

Well those benefits that did/do exist have been declining for some time in respect of the UK, and as such those advantages of being outside the EU now outweigh being part of the EU.

You see steve that is where you just don't get it. Brexit as far as the Europeans are concerned has more to do with keeping the EU alive than any one member. Especially one as troublesome as the UK. What makes you think that the EU will make it easy for the UK to prosper outside the EU. Why do you think that?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

A distinction needs to be maintained between the EU and the common currency countries.  Britain's problems seem to stem from the EU insisting it accept more Muslim immigrants -- an attitude I understand although think misinformed and harmful.  The rest of the problems in Europe come from the stupid notion of setting up a common currency when there is no effective limit on the sovereign debt members can assume.  You end up with the prosperous ones having to bail out the spendthrifts, which of course they resent, and therefore attach strings, which of course the debtor nations resent.  Everyone is trying to get someone else to pay for lunch.  

(When there is no common currency the spenders end up having to devalue and suffer that way instead, but it is their own fault and they can't blame Germany.)

No where to hide... so yes they are. If counties like America and the UK spend the better part of 80 years fighting authoritarian regimes only to capitulate near the finish line, then what else could they be but morons. 

the Democratic process in the US and UK gives temporary authority to political figures - 

strong leadership reflecting the will of the majority is a good thing - but I'm sure you know this already -

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

You see steve that is where you just don't get it. Brexit as far as the Europeans are concerned has more to do with keeping the EU alive than any one member. Especially one as troublesome as the UK. What makes you think that the EU will make it easy for the UK to prosper outside the EU. Why do you think that?

I do hope it ends up in a separation and not a divorce -- that is, not living together but still acting pretty much as though married.  What I fear (and these fears come more from Trump than Europe but it is part of it) is a trade war, with Britain raising tariffs against Europe and vice versa and the US doing the same to Canada, Mexico, China and Japan.  Given that sort of thing, we will soon have bread lines.

• Like 1

Just now, bee said:

the Democratic process in the US and UK gives temporary authority to political figures - 

strong leadership reflecting the will of the majority is a good thing - but I'm sure you know this already -

I live in Cambodia.  Seems a decent hidey-hole

1 minute ago, bee said:

You said it yourself, bee... the steeple are not infallible. History is littered with democratic principles gone awol.   

10 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

I don't expect the EU to make it easy for the UK, we've already heard the words coming from the EU hierarchy in Brussels that they want to punish the UK for daring to leave and as to prevent other members from leaving.So with that sentiment the EU is admitting there are fundamental problems within its structure but instead of reform they want to punish and scare any members thinking of following the UK.

I've said from the start the EU will seek to punish, but don't think we are just going to stand there and take it, like some poor victim, far from it.

6 minutes ago, Frank Merton said:

A distinction needs to be maintained between the EU and the common currency countries.  Britain's problems seem to stem from the EU insisting it accept more Muslim immigrants -- an attitude I understand although think misinformed and harmful.  The rest of the problems in Europe come from the stupid notion of setting up a common currency when there is no effective limit on the sovereign debt members can assume.  You end up with the prosperous ones having to bail out the spendthrifts, which of course they resent, and therefore attach strings, which of course the debtor nations resent.  Everyone is trying to get someone else to pay for lunch.  

(When there is no common currency the spenders end up having to devalue and suffer that way instead, but it is their own fault and they can't blame Germany.)

Britain's problems seem to stem from the EU insisting the country accepts moslems, what a load of rubbish, this narrative is always pushed by the hard of thinking. Britain's position in the EU as been made untenable over the decades by the EU's power grab in pursuit of becoming a European Federation. - That's where the problems have arisen, long, long before Germany welcomed the moslems you allude.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Frank Merton said:

I live in Cambodia.  Seems a decent hidey-hole

deleted could be construed the wrong way.

Edited by stevewinn

15 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

deleted could be construed the wrong way.

Not deleted; another lie from an inveterate liar.

38 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

You said it yourself, bee... the steeple are not infallible. History is littered with democratic principles gone awol.   

What "Democracy" is being spoke of here?  The US where a candidate wins by three million votes but still loses?

7 minutes ago, Frank Merton said:

Not deleted; another lie from an inveterate liar.

It contained no lie but im glad you seen it before i deleted.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Frank Merton said:

What "Democracy" is being spoke of here?  The US where a candidate wins by three million votes but still loses?

You do know why the electoral college exists, right?

1 hour ago, Captain Risky said:

why the heck should "looking for other markets" be a bad thing? You really are completely ridiculous. 

Edited by Manfred von Dreidecker
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, S2F said:

You do know why the electoral college exists, right?

Oh, Frank knows, all right, he just has a penchant for flogging a dead horse. 

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

why the heck should "looking for other markets" be a bad thing? You really are completely ridiculous. 

I have every confidence that the UK will be ale to surmount whatever difficulties it happens upon over the next several years. Sometimes I think people forget that the British Empire was a thing. Being American, we have a sometimes irrational attachment to independence however I, at the very least, am happy to see that the UK has chosen the uncertainty of independence over a rather dismal prospect of continued servitude to the EU. Welcome back to the game UK!  :tu:

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

It contained no lie but im glad you seen it before i deleted.

Saw it again, after you say you deleted?  You must be worse than I thought and completely out of touch with reality.

8 hours ago, stevewinn said:

I don't expect the EU to make it easy for the UK, we've already heard the words coming from the EU hierarchy in Brussels that they want to punish the UK for daring to leave and as to prevent other members from leaving.So with that sentiment the EU is admitting there are fundamental problems within its structure but instead of reform they want to punish and scare any members thinking of following the UK.

I've said from the start the EU will seek to punish, but don't think we are just going to stand there and take it, like some poor victim, far from it.

Well the election of Trump is a game changer for the UK. Don't kid yourself... Trump's your biggest asset.