Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

Scientists are planning to contact aliens

98 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Sweetpumper

Using smoke signals like SETI?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maars

Thought we have aliens visiting us already :P

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kartikg

finally

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MWoo7

Thought title said::::: Scientists are planning contact lenses ?.... obviously I need a set too !

Edited by MWoo7
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword

The only good xenomorph is a dead xenomorph.  Contact them with a high powered rifle.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MWoo7

Sweetpumper's better"Using smoke signals like SETI? "

 . . .

xenophobic of xenomorphs hahahahah!

6 minutes ago, OverSword said:

The only good xenomorph is a dead xenomorph.  Contact them with a high powered rifle.

 

Edited by MWoo7
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Parsec
3 hours ago, Sweetpumper said:

Using smoke signals like SETI?

Yeah, but smoke of the good kind. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MWoo7

Yeah OverSword what he said HAHAHAHAHAHAHA !

 

The very platitude of pontificating wisdom my boy! Paramount of Excellence as comedy relief !

Edited by MWoo7
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
freetoroam

"If we want to start an exchange over the course of many generations, - See more at: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/302155/scientists-are-planning-to-contact-aliens#sthash.5romTVg2.dpuf

The way things are going on, we will not have many  generations. How about the scientists concentrate on cleaning up this planet from the pollution first and maybe get the governments of this planet to abolish nuclear weapons?  

No use contacting another life form if there is no one left here to receive their reply.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MWoo7

Point taken point taken , now, where or when is this meritocracy power going in place? HAHAHAHAHA! Think I spelled that right, its where the smartest are shipped OFF to run things, like in a future sci-fi book you know : D

re:

1 hour ago, freetoroam said:

The way things are going on, we will not have many  generations. How about the scientists concentrate on cleaning up this planet from the pollution first and maybe get the governments of this planet to abolish nuclear weapons?  

No use contacting another life form if there is no one left

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
brlesq1

Fire up the Welcome Wagon!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Parsec
16 hours ago, freetoroam said:

"If we want to start an exchange over the course of many generations, - See more at: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/302155/scientists-are-planning-to-contact-aliens#sthash.5romTVg2.dpuf

The way things are going on, we will not have many  generations. How about the scientists concentrate on cleaning up this planet from the pollution first and maybe get the governments of this planet to abolish nuclear weapons?  

No use contacting another life form if there is no one left here to receive their reply.

Freetoroam, while I agree on the general pessimistic view on humankind, I didn't expect such a comment from you. 

Are you saying that astrophysicists, astronomers and rocket scientists should drop their researches and start studying into alternative energies or environment? 

 

And what if what we think as a consequence, is instead a cause? 

What if, thanks to this program, we'd really discover and maybe even contact an alien civilisation, and this event will spark a different (better) approach to our planet and environment? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
freetoroam
16 minutes ago, Parsec said:

Freetoroam, while I agree on the general pessimistic view on humankind, I didn't expect such a comment from you. 

Are you saying that astrophysicists, astronomers and rocket scientists should drop their researches and start studying into alternative energies or environment? 

 

And what if what we think as a consequence, is instead a cause? 

What if, thanks to this program, we'd really discover and maybe even contact an alien civilisation, and this event will spark a different (better) approach to our planet and environment? 

What i am saying is the way man is going, he will destroy himself before we will find out if another life form did get our messages. Of course this is interesting, but we will not see it in our life time, i just hope the future generations will still be here to see if we do get a response. And that response, if any, will take another load of generations before it reaches is, if it even does.

I actually like this idea, but when coupled with what the humans are doing to their own planet, the threats of future wars, the current killings around the world, I wonder how far this is going to go. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Parsec
3 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

What i am saying is the way man is going, he will destroy himself before we will find out if another life form did get our messages. Of course this is interesting, but we will not see it in our life time, i just hope the future generations will still be here to see if we do get a response. And that response, if any, will take another load of generations before it reaches is, if it even does.

I actually like this idea, but when coupled with what the humans are doing to their own planet, the threats of future wars, the current killings around the world, I wonder how far this is going to go. 

Yeah and as I wrote I agree with you on this. 

 

I was more baffled from the part about scientists researching something they have no qualifications on, instead of keeping doing what they studied for. 

Of course I got what you meant, but your comment was on the likes of, for example, people commenting regarding an archaeological find, that "scientists" should drop these useless activities and study how to solve the World Hunger problem instead. 

And that was quite peculiar coming from you, that's why I asked. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
freetoroam
12 minutes ago, Parsec said:

Of course I got what you meant, but your comment was on the likes of, for example, people commenting regarding an archaeological find, that "scientists" should drop these useless activities and study how to solve the World Hunger problem instead. 

These are not useless activities, and I certainly do not expect them to study a different field, but this is something which will take generations and we do not know if there will be any result, if there is, for mankind it could be great, if mankind is still around to see it = that is my point. And the way we are going, it is looking a bit dodgy to how long mankind will be here.:unsure:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spud the mackem

So scientists now believe that there is Alien life which they laughed at a couple of years ago. Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones could give them some pointers  maybe.Have they got the tremendous power needed to generate messages to other star systems  

.... . .-.. .-.. --.-  .- .-.. .. . -. ...   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
badeskov
23 minutes ago, spud the mackem said:

So scientists now believe that there is Alien life which they laughed at a couple of years ago. Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones could give them some pointers  maybe.Have they got the tremendous power needed to generate messages to other star systems  

.... . .-.. .-.. --.-  .- .-.. .. . -. ...   

Which scientists exactly have ever laughed of the possibility of extraterrestrial life? I personally know of no such scientists, to be honest.

Cheers,
Badeskov

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ChrLzs
1 hour ago, spud the mackem said:

So scientists now believe that there is Alien life which they laughed at a couple of years ago.

Did you maybe see someone on a forum saying they were a scientist and then arguing that alien life hadn't visited earth?  I've bolded the important letters....

If you genuinely claim that the scientific mainstream opinion has *ever* been that there was no such thing as alien life, I too would really like to see a citation for that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
seeder

The reality is...space is HUGE...we can only send signals so far....and on this link is a graphic of that

Quote


This is how far human radio broadcasts have reached into the galaxy
http://www.planetary.org/blogs/emily-lakdawalla/2012/3390.html

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
badeskov
1 hour ago, seeder said:

The reality is...space is HUGE...we can only send signals so far....and on this link is a graphic of that

 

 

Yeah...no...Space is immensely huge. And we are nowhere near broadcasting as far into to space as alluded to.

Cheers,
Badeskov

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa

This should rightly be called scientists plan to transmit radio messages at neighborhood stars.  Planning to "contact aliens" is wishing for a bit much.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DONTEATUS

They Only Use Face Book now ! So Good Luck getting a Like !:ph34r:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hawken

Stephen Hawking is probably rolling his eyes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.