Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Someone help explain

DMNKING

I have 2 pictures here. The one that is not enhanced is the original picture. I further enhanced the picture and the humanoid type creature became visible. Appears to be sitting on the corner of my roof looking towards the other direction. 

FB_IMG_1483487534018.jpg

FB_IMG_1483487549322.jpg

No back story , reason for the flares , were you alone ? Come on , add some meat to this tale . 

• Like 4

Sorry I thought it all got put in. This was during the 4th of July back in 2011. The flares are fireworks fountains we put on a ladder in our driveway. The humanoid appearing creature at this angle looks to be sitting on the roof the very corner of it. My sister was taking pictures of all the fireworks this was the only fireworks picture this creature appeared in

3 minutes ago, ROGER said:

No back story , reason for the flares , were you alone ? Come on , add some meat to this tale . 

Read the header. It's got everything you're asking for. 

• Like 2

FB_IMG_1483487549322.jpg.4d7b236aec62cefc5247e666f5795ab2.jpg             It reflects light so  it must be metal or reflective . 

• Like 2

It looks like an optical illusion, note the edge of the roof makes it look like legs hanging over it, but you can see the "object" is not on the edge of the roof, but past it, the roof edge is creating the `bent legs` effect.

Do you have a picture of the same spot during the day so we can see what the light of the fireworks were lighting up?

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, ROGER said:

FB_IMG_1483487549322.jpg.4d7b236aec62cefc5247e666f5795ab2.jpg             It reflects light so  it must be metal or reflective . 

There's nothing on the roof. 1 story house, our neighbors house is 1 story house. All the houses around are 1 story houses. Literally at that angle should have just been the sky. The colasac I lived in had 40 or 50 ft trees and we always lit our fireworks in the driveway so we wouldn't even go near the trees.

One 'normal' explanation is our minds making a humanoid figure out of a random shape as it is not that detailed. Just one possibility.

• Like 1

I don't want it to be anything. I just always wondered what it could have been. To dismiss it as an optical illusion is just to easy for me anyways. Just wanted to hear other people's theories 

9 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

It must be a bunny demon. Burn down the house just to be safe.

So tell us what you want it to be?

12 minutes ago, DMNKING said:

There's nothing on the roof. 1 story house, our neighbors house is 1 story house. All the houses around are 1 story houses. Literally at that angle should have just been the sky. The colasac I lived in had 40 or 50 ft trees and we always lit our fireworks in the driveway so we wouldn't even go near the trees.

Thats right, there is nothing on the roof. The object being lit is behind it. Do you have a picture of the area during the day, the illusion makes it look close, but it could be much further back and what took you so long to post this? 

• Like 5

Then it's probably just an optical illusion produced by the fireworks. Could've been an illuminated patch of smoke that allowed pareidolia to kick in.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, DMNKING said:

To dismiss it as an optical illusion is just to easy for me anyway

Too easy or not what you want to hear? 

What do you think it is  -  a humanoid type creature?

• Like 3

The more I look at it the more it looks like some of the sparks trailed off. 

Do you have a picture of the spot without the fireworks going off? The exact same spot. Then we can compare the two.

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Thats right, there is nothing on the roof. The object being lit is behind it. Do you have a picture of the area during the day, the illusion makes it look close, but it could be much further back and what took you so long to post this? 

The shape to me is just so identical to a humans body. I have never seen anything like it . I'm a skeptic of alot of things but this one was just really really identical to a humans body. True it's reflecting. But there is nothing at all in that direction at this angle. I'm sick right now. And I was scrolling through old pics thought I'd see what others minds have to ofger

15 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

It's too far away. We weren't lighting fireworks near the house. The distance from the roof to where we lit these fountains was about 15 or 17 feet. The fountains were some cheap 5 dollar fountains

1 minute ago, DMNKING said:

The shape to me is just so identical to a humans body. I have never seen anything like it . I'm a skeptic of alot of things but this one was just really really identical to a humans body. True it's reflecting. But there is nothing at all in that direction at this angle. I'm sick right now. And I was scrolling through old pics thought I'd see what others minds have to ofger

pareidolia-dinosaur-cloud1.jpg

I'm sure you see Godzilla in this image of clouds. Our brains really really really love patterns. They love them so much they will create one. What I honestly think is that this is the case for your fireworks image. 

• Like 5

Probably a weird glare from taking a photo of something bright in a really dark area. It just resembles a human shape. 

• Like 2

So the elevated flares shed light on the upstairs window  , which reflects back to the garage , but at an angle creating the man like figure . Mystery solved .  

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, ROGER said:

So the elevated flares shed light on the upstairs window  , which reflects back to the garage , but at an angle creating the man like figure . Mystery solved .  

It wasn't at that angle. The angle that the original picture of the fireworks wouldnt be from street view it would be closer. That house isn't visible from the angle of the fireworks picture

5 minutes ago, DMNKING said:

It wasn't at that angle. The angle that the original picture of the fireworks wouldnt be from street view it would be closer. That house isn't visible from the angle of the fireworks picture

So we're left play the guessing game with a picture you took some time ago. And we also do not have an exact reference point. 

I think we've covered some of the basic explanations. It's up to you do decide what you want it to be. 

• Like 4