Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Black Monk

Sweden's queen claims royal palace is haunted

17 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Black Monk

The Queen of Sweden has claimed the royal palace where she resides is haunted.

Queen Silvia, 73, who has been married to the King of Sweden, Carl XVI Gustaf, for 40 years, claimed ghosts were haunting Drottningholm Palace in Stockholm County while being interviewed for a documentary.

When speaking to the Swedish public broadcaster, SVT, Queen Silvia said: 'There are small friends... ghosts. They're all very friendly but you sometimes feel that you're not completely alone.'

Edited by Black Monk
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
freetoroam

Pretty stunning palace, seeing as it was build in the 1600`s, I would imagine a few creaky floorboards and resident mice in the cellar who like to scurry around at night. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thorvir

Hauntings don't actually occur, of course, but this would be one place I wouldn't be surprised to find it happening.  I sure wish I could visit a place like that someday.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lilly

Hauntings have been recorded in all areas of the world since the dawn of time. All cultures, religions, ethic groups have tales of hauntings. I'd say something (even if it's something psychological) is definitely going on.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
1 hour ago, Thorvir said:

Hauntings don't actually occur, of course,

That's simply untrue.  If you've never experienced it can't blame you for believing that though.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Still Waters

What a size of a place! Haunted or not I wouldn't mind having a look around there.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Black Monk
6 minutes ago, Still Waters said:

What a size of a place! Haunted or not I wouldn't mind having a look around there.

I've always dreamed of living in a vast stately home with hundreds of rooms, suits of armour, expensive paintings and acres of land - including gardens and a maze - somewhere in the English countryside. Unless something pretty extraordinary happens, it is likely to remain a dream.

Edited by Black Monk
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thorvir
2 hours ago, Lilly said:

Hauntings have been recorded in all areas of the world since the dawn of time. All cultures, religions, ethic groups have tales of hauntings. I'd say something (even if it's something psychological) is definitely going on.

Certainly, human imagination.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Still Waters
18 hours ago, Black Monk said:

I've always dreamed of living in a vast stately home with hundreds of rooms, suits of armour, expensive paintings and acres of land - including gardens and a maze - somewhere in the English countryside.

That wouldn't do for me. As much as I like to look around places like these I wouldn't like to live in one, they're far too big for any home comforts. Imagine too the army of helpers needed to keep the place going. The acres of land, now that would be good to have, I would probably spend all my time in the gardens, that is if I could find my way out of the maze!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
freetoroam
On 1/4/2017 at 5:06 PM, Black Monk said:

I've always dreamed of living in a vast stately home with hundreds of rooms, suits of armour, expensive paintings and acres of land - including gardens and a maze - somewhere in the English countryside. Unless something pretty extraordinary happens, it is likely to remain a dream.

I rather visit them, it saves on all that cleaning and dusting:

With more than 300 historic buildings in our care, from the grand and imposing to the small and quirky, you're spoilt for choice when planning a visit

https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/houses-and-buildings?campid=PPC_VM_Google_Houses

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Black Monk
On 05/01/2017 at 0:05 PM, Still Waters said:

That wouldn't do for me. As much as I like to look around places like these I wouldn't like to live in one, they're far too big for any home comforts. Imagine too the army of helpers needed to keep the place going. The acres of land, now that would be good to have, I would probably spend all my time in the gardens, that is if I could find my way out of the maze!

Well, if I'm a billionaire I'm sure paying the servants wouldn't be too much of a problem!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
freetoroam
33 minutes ago, Black Monk said:

Well, if I'm a billionaire I'm sure paying the servants wouldn't be too much of a problem!

Servants? Can we still call them that today or are they now "palace environmental health and cleansing accessors who produce actionable techniques for a small fee"  ?

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess Serenity

Like one commenter said that people have lived and died in palaces. So who knows whats lurking in that shunning building. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
brlesq1
On 1/6/2017 at 9:22 AM, freetoroam said:

Can we still call them that today or are they now "palace environmental health and cleansing accessors who produce actionable techniques for a small fee"  ?

The royal environmental health and sanitation engineers.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pallidin

God bless her, she is of age.
What, there are no photos or video?

Perhaps she could give us something more than a feeling.

Edited by pallidin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stubbly_Dooright

I would imagine all the varying palaces, being how old they are, having something. I often like to check info and such of Kensington palace in England. There seems to be a lot of experiences, that people have reported being there. 

In a different note, I'm surprised all the 'spirits' the Queen is talking about, they are all nice. Come on, there has to be at least one or two nasty entities in a palace, right? ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ansuz
On 1/4/2017 at 9:54 AM, Black Monk said:

The Queen of Sweden has claimed the royal palace where she resides is haunted.

Queen Silvia, 73, who has been married to the King of Sweden, Carl XVI Gustaf, for 40 years, claimed ghosts were haunting Drottningholm Palace in Stockholm County while being interviewed for a documentary.

When speaking to the Swedish public broadcaster, SVT, Queen Silvia said: 'There are small friends... ghosts. They're all very friendly but you sometimes feel that you're not completely alone.'

I would have to imagine that any place with as much history as that place would have a spirit or two hanging around. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.