Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Giant Winged Demon photographed

seeder

What mystery ? it is a couple of scraggy palm trees !

• Like 1

I dont know what that'd really is, but that ain't no palm tree. Plus if it were a winged creature. I wonder who has the balls to stand there and take a pic.

Edited by Dr. Mirdad

The fact he removed the photo from Facebook = FAKE BS!!!

Trust me, I won't remove a photo from my facebook unless it's not legitimate.

Edited by DragonFire22

Its the winged Hussars returned to once again save us from the impending islamic horde!  Trumps not even in office and he already has these guys at the border! 

Edited by Farmer77

2 hours ago, Dr. Mirdad said:

I dont know what that'd really is, but that ain't no palm tree. Plus if it were a winged creature. I wonder who has the balls to stand there and take a pic.

????  I'm fascinated by your 'ain't no palm tree' comment.  Could you elaborate and tell us why that could not be a palm tree (or, as we think, two)?

You really cannot possibly imagine how, if you had two palm trees nearby, you could walk around them from different angles until you found something that looked 'ominous'? hmmm...

BTW, if anyone has no life and a few hours of time to spare, why not cruise around South Tucson AZ in street view, and see if you can find some candidate trees, or that house...  A quick glance shows some suitable smallish palms dotted around some of the streets.  Of course we are relying on the truthfulness of Mr Christianson for that location, and I'm not sure that is justified given how he is treating those with a genuine interest..

• Like 2

Imo I just don't think it's a palm Tree, the fronds usually grow wild and I think it would be very hard to get that shot no matter the angle. Also It doesnt look like a natural palm tree. Even in the dark you would see a couple of more fronds poking out. I think it's a statue and someone just took a real out of focus shot to play with people on the net. I will retract my "ain't no palm tree" to" i highly doubt that it's a palm tree".

Edited by Dr. Mirdad
  • Like 1

No worries..  This is a lame example, but here's some odd palms/trees in the correct region:

Clipboard-2.jpg

maybe it's just me but I can easily imagine a couple of similar trees near one another might give the sort of silhouette seen.  I'll try to find a better example - if Mr Christianson is telling the truth I might even find the exact thing....

• Like 1

Someone should take the poor thing to a vet to be put down, its wings are full of holes !

1 hour ago, Dr. Mirdad said:

Imo I just don't think it's a palm Tree, the fronds usually grow wild and I think it would be very hard to get that shot no matter the angle. Also It doesnt look like a natural palm tree. Even in the dark you would see a couple of more fronds poking out. I think it's a statue and someone just took a real out of focus shot to play with people on the net. I will retract my "ain't no palm tree" to" i highly doubt that it's a palm tree".

I think it's 2 palm trees in a strong wind. The pic is a screenshot from a video. I propose that the tree or trees were whipping around in a storm and at one point they formed the shape in the pic. That's why only one pic. Where's the video?  Where's the video maker/poster? 

Palm are springy and don't always lean the same way in gusting winds. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2mZaiuykrJNQE5Aghphg

• Like 2

Just now, Jsssse said:

How do you know what demon looks like?

I dont even believe in such nonsense

1 minute ago, seeder said:

I dont even believe in such nonsense

What is the point of challenging me? I said it looks like a palm tree. 

Yep - I reckon it's a palm tree as well....it looks to be old and neglected (little rain maybe)?...hence the lack of fronds and the crown-shaft showing.

Below is an example...not as forbidding as the one that Seeder posted... and it's also a different variety of palm tree.

But it also shows the lack of fronds and bares the crown-shaft too.

In the night time....it could look like a tall stick man with open arms wanting a hug.... (my pareidolia coming out) :P 

download_52.jpg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Dr. Mirdad said:

But it was not a winged creature..there are no winged creatures that size flapping about. 

But it seems that Mr Christianson has removed the pic and has realised he is better at saving cats than he is at trying to fool people...well...most people anyway.:whistle:

He should stick to saving animals...not trying to create them out of trees.:

This is not the first time Christianson has been involved in a viral phenomenon. In 2015, he found an orange-and-white cat trapped next to a chain link fence on a freeway, which he rescued in a dramaticvideo that he shared on social media

http://www.snopes.com/2017/01/04/facebook-photograph-demon/

• Like 3

20 hours ago, seeder said:

How many tall demons have you seen then?

The same amount as tall stories. ;)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dr. Mirdad said:

I think it's a statue and someone just took a real out of focus shot to play with people on the net. 

Well surely if it were a statue (which I don't agree with)...it would have to made with a light weight material. I mean who would want to go to all the trouble of hurling a statue across town that was made of marble, bronze or cement.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dr. Mirdad said:

I think it's a statue and someone just took a real out of focus shot to play with people on the net

A statue they made and carried to that possition without being seen or a statue which is always there...hence people would recognise it as the statue they walk past daily.

think about this statue theory of yours...:whistle:

• Like 2

On 1/4/2017 at 0:27 PM, seeder said:

Same photo supposedly taken in Louisiana and Arizona? Which is it? 

40 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

A statue they made and carried to that possition without being seen or a statue which is always there...hence people would recognise it as the statue they walk past daily.

think about this statue theory of yours...:whistle:

There's a statue of a giant chicken here in Noblesville (say about 10 feet tall or so), it used to be taken at times, during the night without anyone seeing it, and propped up at various businesses around the city as a prank.  It's current anchored now to the concrete--hmmm, I still don't know what it's for or what store it belongs to.  So while I won't say that this silly demon-tree-thing is a statue, being some sort of construct that was used for this hoax isn't necessarily out of the question.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thorvir said:

There's a statue of a giant chicken here in Noblesville (say about 10 feet tall or so), it used to be taken at times, during the night without anyone seeing it, and propped up at various businesses around the city as a prank.  It's current anchored now to the concrete--hmmm, I still don't know what it's for or what store it belongs to.  So while I won't say that this silly demon-tree-thing is a statue, being some sort of construct that was used for this hoax isn't necessarily out of the question.

Wow i think you have solved this:

Its a giant chicken borrowed from Noblesville.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1

Just for that, I'm going to get a pic of that chicken and post it here.  If I remember next time we drive by it, that is.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Thorvir said:

Just for that, I'm going to get a pic of that chicken and post it here.  If I remember next time we drive by it, that is.

Remember to get it at night and make it fuzzy...for full  chicken demon effect. ;)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Remember to get it at night and make it fuzzy...for full  chicken demon effect. ;)

Yeah...

• Like 1

For the sake of giant chicken enjoyment... http://www.roadarch.com/critters/birdschick2.html

But to the photo- I'm not too sure about the palm tree thing. It's kind of too even and regular to me. Like the wings are a bit too perfectly wings. And the head is kind of too triangular. I guess I'm not sure how to put it, but the pic does not seem to be a tree to me. It reminds me more of a totem pole honestly. But that's not quite right either.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, rashore said:

For the sake of giant chicken enjoyment... http://www.roadarch.com/critters/birdschick2.html

But to the photo- I'm not too sure about the palm tree thing. It's kind of too even and regular to me. Like the wings are a bit too perfectly wings. And the head is kind of too triangular. I guess I'm not sure how to put it, but the pic does not seem to be a tree to me. It reminds me more of a totem pole honestly. But that's not quite right either.

Is that Thor's chicken demon?!!?...but i really have to go with the palm tree "demon". in this thread.

I got to get myself that chicken. :lol: