Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shadow figure in my flat

mce13089524

I live in a university halls flat. I woke up one night and thought I saw the black shadowy figure of a man in my room, but I put it down to being in a dazed sleepy state and went back to sleep. Went I got up in the morning I had this feeling that someone had been in my room when I was asleep and even texted my boyfriend to see if he had been there to pick up something and he wasn't. There was no one else that could have been there. And the light that I normally leave on in my bathroom at night had been switched off. I was a bit confused and freaked out. 
Later I was mentioning how weird it was that I thought I saw a shadowy man in my room to my friend who I live with, and to my shock and surprise she said she was also woken up in the middle of the night by this " shadow man" and that she had seen him on a number of occasions and a few times he was pointing towards something. 
Another weird thing that happened the night before I left to go home for Christmas was when I was in the kitchen with my boyfriend making tea and watching TV. We opened the fridge to get milk for the next cup of tea and the milk was crushed and leaking. We had both been in the kitchen the entire time and no one else was in the flat, but the milk looked as if someone squeezed it until it burst. 
I'm wondering if the shadow figure and the milk event are connected? Or any information about what the shadow figure might be? And what to do about all of this? 

Thank you. 

No one thought to switch a light on when they saw a shadowy figure in the house ? Might be an idea for next time.

• Like 3

We did. I thought something so simple would have been too obvious to state in my description. Thanks for the input though. 

14 minutes ago, mce13089524 said:

We did. I thought something so simple would have been too obvious to state in my description. Thanks for the input though. 

So you turned the light on, and nothing was there ?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, mce13089524 said:

Went I got up in the morning I had this feeling that someone had been in my room when I was asleep

There could be a couple of reasons here:

please read this experience someone had, it is very common:

https://forums.netdoctor.co.uk/discussion/48388/sleep-hallucinations-waking-up

or, you have an intruder in the University, did you report this to an official? maybe someone else saw someone, you would not know unless you report it.

33 minutes ago, mce13089524 said:

There was no one else that could have been there.

, You mean should have been there? 

Please note shadow people or phantom figures are NOT real......only in ones head.  Do not go down that route because all you will do  is freak yourself out when you really should be addressing what happened eg: look at above link and possible reason.

• Like 5

Shadow people !

2 minutes ago, Darkenpath25 said:

Shadow people !

ha ha you are funny.

1 hour ago, mce13089524 said:

Yes. 

So what's to worry about ?

mce13089524 I agree with Freetoroam, shadow people are not real and there are a number of practical explanations for them — be it a trick of the eye or a hallucination. You should, however, also consider the possibility of an intruder and take whatever steps necessary to ensure your flat is secure. As for the milk, I'm sure there's a practical explanation for it as well. Could it have been stored in an especially cold part of the fridge where it might have frozen up a bit? It's also not unusual for milk cartons to leak, so the carton could have contracted a little as the milk came out. I don;t know for certain, but do know a shadow person was not responsible.

• Like 2

I hope mce13089524 finds the advise helps and drops the ridiculous shadow people idea. 

• Like 2