Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Congressman removes painting

Myles

Seems like a reasonable action to take.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/01/06/gop-congressman-takes-down-colleagues-sponsored-art-depicting-police-as-pigs.html

A congressman took matters into his own hands Friday and personally removed a painting depicting police officers as pigs that a colleague had allowed to be displayed at the U.S. Capitol complex.

“I was angry,” Rep. Duncan Hunter,  told FoxNews.com. “I’ve seen the press [reporting] on this for about a week or so. … I’m in the Marine Corps. If you want it done, just call us.”

Hunter said he walked over to the artwork Friday morning with a few colleagues and unscrewed it. He then delivered it to the office of Rep. Lacy Clay, the congressman whose office had allowed the piece to be displayed. The painting, hanging since June, was done by a high school student who had won Clay’s annual Congressional Art competition. 

The piece drew outrage, however, from law enforcement groups and fellow lawmakers.

As for whether the painting will stay down, Hunter said: “Lacy can put it back up, I guess, if he wants to … but I’m allowed to take it down.” 

• Like 2

I feel like if this marine is really allowed to take it down then if a war of stubberness starts he will win 

• Like 3

On 1/6/2017 at 0:58 PM, Myles said:

As for whether the painting will stay down, Hunter said: “Lacy can put it back up, I guess, if he wants to … but I’m allowed to take it down.” 

Yeah, well, it seems that Lacy hung it back up yesterday...   :no:   :wacko:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jan/10/lacy-clay-rehangs-controversial-pigs-painting/

• Like 1

I get that Police are here to "protect and serve" but let's stop wasting their resources in areas they clearly aren't wanted. Why put Officer's lives on the line when they don't have to?

• Like 2

Are they really making all that noise for what? A painting? 

I thought Michelangelo's pants time was long gone.