Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
The Truman show

Trump to pull U.S. from Middle East

101 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

The Truman show

Donald Trump Could Pull The U.S. From A Middle East War On Day 1

WASHINGTON ― President-elect Donald Trump has the power to make good on one of his top campaign pledges within hours of taking office.

Trump, who pitched himself as an opponent of U.S. involvement in Middle East conflicts, could take a few quick steps to immediately end the American role in one of the most widely criticized of those wars ― in Yemen, where the U.S. is helping Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and other Arab nations fight a militia linked to their rival Iran.

Once Trump is in charge, he could go further. It would be a prime opportunity for him to score political points by distancing himself from one of his predecessor’s least popular policies, while also making a show of protecting U.S. blood and treasure and signaling anew that he is not afraid to break with convention or challenge foreign governments in pursuing his vision of the American interest. 

 
 
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
14 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Donald Trump Could Pull The U.S. From A Middle East War On Day 1

WASHINGTON ― President-elect Donald Trump has the power to make good on one of his top campaign pledges within hours of taking office.

Trump, who pitched himself as an opponent of U.S. involvement in Middle East conflicts, could take a few quick steps to immediately end the American role in one of the most widely criticized of those wars ― in Yemen, where the U.S. is helping Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and other Arab nations fight a militia linked to their rival Iran.

Once Trump is in charge, he could go further. It would be a prime opportunity for him to score political points by distancing himself from one of his predecessor’s least popular policies, while also making a show of protecting U.S. blood and treasure and signaling anew that he is not afraid to break with convention or challenge foreign governments in pursuing his vision of the American interest. 

 
 

That would be awesome! I don't believe it would happen but I would love it. Ive been trying to work on lowering my levels of cynicism , but , the fact that this is a Huffpo article ( remember during the election Arianna Hufifngton swore her allegiance to Hillary in private rather than in public in order to give her articles the appearance of impartiality) makes me think its most likely a set up of some sort. 

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Truman show
2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

That would be awesome! I don't believe it would happen but I would love it. Ive been trying to work on lowering my levels of cynicism , but , the fact that this is a Huffpo article ( remember during the election Arianna Hufifngton swore her allegiance to Hillary in private rather than in public in order to give her articles the appearance of impartiality) makes me think its most likely a set up of some sort. 

Well lets wait and see whether Trump walks the talk. Something tells me he won't. But wouldn't it be some reversal of U.S. policy to completely remove America from the Middle East. Probably not as the U.S. would i suspect take on a very pro-Israel policy. Arianna Huff is a pen for hire. Give her a reason to write up pro Trump and she will. The women is shameless.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Space Commander Travis

A story from the HuffPost that, as far at least as the quoted excerpt goes, doesn't seem to automatically refer to him as a hate-filled bigot and madman who talks inappropriately about women, and in fact very nearly seems to give a reasonably positive opinion of a proposal that is, at any rate, attributed to him? Perhaps the Donald has worked his magic on them already. :-*

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
2 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Well lets wait and see whether Trump walks the talk. Something tells me he won't. But wouldn't it be some reversal of U.S. policy to completely remove America from the Middle East. Probably not as the U.S. would i suspect take on a very pro-Israel policy. Arianna Huff is a pen for hire. Give her a reason to write up pro Trump and she will. The women is shameless.

 

Oh, it would be a reversal, all right.  The insurgency the Saudis are struggling against could become an existential crisis for the house of Saud if they lose.  Frankly, I think they'd deserve whatever fate awaits them, but Iranian hegemony over the M.E. would be far worse for the rest of the world in the near term.  Replacing Wahabbism with the apocalyptic death cult of the Iranian mullahs would not be a net win.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
1 hour ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

A story from the HuffPost that, as far at least as the quoted excerpt goes, doesn't seem to automatically refer to him as a hate-filled bigot and madman who talks inappropriately about women, and in fact very nearly seems to give a reasonably positive opinion of a proposal that is, at any rate, attributed to him? Perhaps the Donald has worked his magic on them already. :-*

 

It does stand out, doesn't it?  It just shows how obviously biased they have been.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lilly

Trump has surrounded himself with some very smart military men and some top notch business men...Trump is going to listen to them and make his own decisions. The liberal press simply  doesn't have a clue IMO.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thorvir
51 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Trump has surrounded himself with some very smart military men and some top notch business men...Trump is going to listen to them and make his own decisions. The liberal press simply  doesn't have a clue IMO.

I certainly hope so.  So far, Trump has done only smart, positive things.  And as for pulling out of the MIddle East, aside from supporting Israel when it's needed, the rest of that place can either fix their own problems, or rot.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
4 hours ago, Thorvir said:

I certainly hope so.  So far, Trump has done only smart, positive things.  And as for pulling out of the MIddle East, aside from supporting Israel when it's needed, the rest of that place can either fix their own problems, or rot.

 

It's a wonderful sentiment but it's just not prudent.  We shouldn't have gone into Iraq.  At the time I supported Bush in his decision because I believed the information but we can see today the result when America unilaterally disengages.  It would only allow others to use the chaos to come against us here at home.  An example - Trump's people recently stated that "There is no Palestine, Jerusalem is not your capital". https://worldisraelnews.com/trumps-team-to-pa-there-is-no-palestine-jerusalem-is-not-your-capital/

If he doesn't retract that and if he actually moves the US embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, chaos is going to begin early in 2017.  I agree with both sentiments but I'm aware of the consequences of injecting a brutal truth into the fantasy yarns being spun by the UN and the Palestinian thugocracy.  Challenging the delusions of such people comes with pushback.  In fact, if Obama recognizes a Palestinian state before leaving office, Trump might well support Israeli annexation of ALL the so-called "West Bank".  This region has been set on fire by multiple causes but it is fundamentalist Islamic fighters that make it impossible to take a hands-off approach, ever, until they are defeated.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
6 hours ago, Lilly said:

Trump has surrounded himself with some very smart military men and some top notch business men...Trump is going to listen to them and make his own decisions. The liberal press simply  doesn't have a clue IMO

I am a little concerned over this point.  Already it appears that Gen, Mattis is facing stiff opposition.  The transition team wants to put its own bunch of loyalists and political hacks into Pentagon positions.  He has angrily rejected several of their proposed nominations.   He should be able to choose his own staff if we expect him to do his job properly.  I am afraid all of the suck-ups that are leeching on to Trump will have too much influence.  He can't do it all himself, he needs to rely on somebody for an intelligent opinion.  I would rather it be Gen. Mattis than an unemployed buddy of Reince Priebus looking for an appointment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Truman show
1 hour ago, and then said:

It's a wonderful sentiment but it's just not prudent.  We shouldn't have gone into Iraq.  At the time I supported Bush in his decision because I believed the information but we can see today the result when America unilaterally disengages.  It would only allow others to use the chaos to come against us here at home.  An example - Trump's people recently stated that "There is no Palestine, Jerusalem is not your capital". https://worldisraelnews.com/trumps-team-to-pa-there-is-no-palestine-jerusalem-is-not-your-capital/

If he doesn't retract that and if he actually moves the US embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, chaos is going to begin early in 2017.  I agree with both sentiments but I'm aware of the consequences of injecting a brutal truth into the fantasy yarns being spun by the UN and the Palestinian thugocracy.  Challenging the delusions of such people comes with pushback.  In fact, if Obama recognizes a Palestinian state before leaving office, Trump might well support Israeli annexation of ALL the so-called "West Bank".  This region has been set on fire by multiple causes but it is fundamentalist Islamic fighters that make it impossible to take a hands-off approach, ever, until they are defeated.

Bolded: No problem in removing Saddam. Just that the U.S. left a void once it removed him allowing terrorists and those aligned against U.S. interests to fill the vacuum.  

Edited by Captain Risky
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GlitterRose

Assuming he doesn't change his mind before then, is anyone wondering if he'll nuke the place for morbid after the fact? 

I mean...he did tell us that, "I would bomb the **** out of them" would be his policy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GlitterRose
On 1/7/2017 at 5:33 AM, Lilly said:

Trump has surrounded himself with some very smart military men and some top notch business men...Trump is going to listen to them and make his own decisions. The liberal press simply  doesn't have a clue IMO.

And this is why we are doomed. The person telling a pants on fire lie every three minutes is believed, while actual news outlets outing him on those lies are not.

At least we still have a free press...for the moment. 

Trump isn't known for following the advice of smart people. He seems to think he knows better than everyone. 

Asked on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” who he talks with consistently about foreign policy, Trump responded, “I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things."
 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwisjMLQ5rLRAhWiwlQKHb_aAjcQFggcMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.politico.com%2Fblogs%2F2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results%2F2016%2F03%2Ftrump-foreign-policy-adviser-220853&usg=AFQjCNEq_Zi_Any_QPvnK-qI7WztidXcpA

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lilly

411...Trump is not President until Jan 20th. No one has any idea who he's listening to and who he isn't listening to, but the people he has chosen for his cabinet aren't exactly ignorant individuals.  Oh, and all Presidents eventually make their own decisions based on their own thinking.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Astra.
23 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

And this is why we are doomed. The person telling a pants on fire lie every three minutes is believed, while actual news outlets outing him on those lies are not.

At least we still have a free press...for the moment. 

Trump isn't known for following the advice of smart people. He seems to think he knows better than everyone. 

Asked on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” who he talks with consistently about foreign policy, Trump responded, “I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things."
 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwisjMLQ5rLRAhWiwlQKHb_aAjcQFggcMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.politico.com%2Fblogs%2F2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results%2F2016%2F03%2Ftrump-foreign-policy-adviser-220853&usg=AFQjCNEq_Zi_Any_QPvnK-qI7WztidXcpA

I have heard this before 'how he is smart and has a good brain' (words from his own mouth)...

Why the hell would he feel the need to say this.....if he were a confident and secure person ?

Who is he trying to convince ?......himself, country and the world ?

A person with inner strength....confidence....and a certain 'know how'.... especially in the realms of such important politics....would refrain from this type of rhetoric and dialogue.

IMHO...this man is not Presidential material in anyway at all. He is going to need all the best advice (hopefully) that he can muster from an intelligent and patient team of the most strongest and wisest advisers. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
5 hours ago, Astra. said:

Why the hell would he feel the need to say this.....if he were a confident and secure person ?

Astra, would you say our current president, until 1/20, is a "confident, secure person"?  The point being that he is nearly unmatched, at ORATORY.  He also has been a DISASTER, not only for the U.S., but the world at large.  He may well begin a war in the M.E. - a new one - before he leaves office.  He is completely capable of it with the stroke of a pen.  I'll end this with a reminder. If Trump turns out to be a world ending monster, just remember that populism happens when people become dissatisfied and when they become desperate, idiots and tyrants are elevated to power.  Trump was MADE by Obama's policies and stratagems.  So being confident and secure isn't always the most important trait, what?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Space Commander Travis

 Yes, Barry O's demeanour since , well, long before the election, has hardly been that of a confident and secure person has it? I've never seen anyone so petulant and vindictive.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thorvir
46 minutes ago, and then said:

The point being that he is nearly unmatched, at ORATORY.

I completely disagree with that.  Take away his teleprompters and he sounds as lost and clueless as Biden.

46 minutes ago, and then said:

He also has been a DISASTER, not only for the U.S., but the world at large.  He may well begin a war in the M.E. - a new one - before he leaves office.  He is completely capable of it with the stroke of a pen.  I'll end this with a reminder. If Trump turns out to be a world ending monster, just remember that populism happens when people become dissatisfied and when they become desperate, idiots and tyrants are elevated to power.  Trump was MADE by Obama's policies and stratagems.  So being confident and secure isn't always the most important trait, what?

This I agree with.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
President-Elect Acidhead

Typical lame stream media bs.... Trump has made no claim to pulling out from the ME.  Just more liberal fiction so when the opposite occurs they can write that Trump isn't following through on policy promises that didn't exist in the first place.

TBH its very ignorant to post anything from the so-called MSM anymore.  They've lost their credibility.   It's all opinion these days... with selective quotes hammered ad nauseam without any basis of reality.  Collectivism run amoke.  Fake news at its finest.  And the people eat it up.

Fact is Trump is the most openly pro Israel president ever.  There is absolutely no way in hell the US MILITARY is leaving the ME.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aftermath

Well, the main idea in the article was whether Trump would pull out of the S.A./Yemen conflict and not about pulling out of the M.E. as a whole.  This is what Trump said:

In the one instance when the future president spoke at some length about Yemen, Trump said he would be happy to help the Saudis deal with the Iranian influence there. “I will say this about Iran, they’re looking to into Saudi Arabia. They want the oil. They the money... They took over Yemen,” Trump told Bill O’Reilly on Fox News on Jan. 4, 2016. “I would want to help Saudi Arabia. I would want to protect Saudi Arabia. But Saudi Arabia is going to have to help us economically.”

From this quote, it doesn't seem like Trump wants to stop backing Saudi Arabia...  as long as S.A. compensates the U.S. we'll have their back.

Edited by Aftermath
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Astra.
2 hours ago, and then said:

Astra, would you say our current president, until 1/20, is a "confident, secure person"?  The point being that he is nearly unmatched, at ORATORY.  He also has been a DISASTER, not only for the U.S., but the world at large.  He may well begin a war in the M.E. - a new one - before he leaves office.  He is completely capable of it with the stroke of a pen.  I'll end this with a reminder. If Trump turns out to be a world ending monster, just remember that populism happens when people become dissatisfied and when they become desperate, idiots and tyrants are elevated to power.  Trump was MADE by Obama's policies and stratagems.  So being confident and secure isn't always the most important trait, what?

Yes I realise that Obama was a let down and a disaster for your country and the world at large. And I really hope that Trump will settle well into office and become the fine leader that you and your nation deserve.

He doesn't have to tell the world tho - how smart he is, and how he has a good brain :huh:

Lets just hope that he puts those smarts and good brain into good use by making wise and sound decisions with appropriate counselling...and eventually prove to those... who have doubts and concerns about him wrong.  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
docyabut2
Quote

I don't think Trump will with draw  from the middle east, we have to much  interests, however will make a lot of good deals ":) 

 

Edited by docyabut2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Only_
On 2017-01-09 at 4:49 PM, acidhead said:

Fact is Trump is the most openly pro Israel president ever.  There is absolutely no way in hell the US MILITARY is leaving the ME.

There's also the Military-Industrial complex which profits from these wars. They have a vested intere$t in pursuing Middle-East interventions. Trump will have a hard time convincing all these folks that pulling-out is the best course of action to take.

Edited by TruthSeeker_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Truman show
On 10 January 2017 at 6:11 AM, and then said:

Astra, would you say our current president, until 1/20, is a "confident, secure person"?  The point being that he is nearly unmatched, at ORATORY.  He also has been a DISASTER, not only for the U.S., but the world at large.  He may well begin a war in the M.E. - a new one - before he leaves office.  He is completely capable of it with the stroke of a pen.  I'll end this with a reminder. If Trump turns out to be a world ending monster, just remember that populism happens when people become dissatisfied and when they become desperate, idiots and tyrants are elevated to power.  Trump was MADE by Obama's policies and stratagems.  So being confident and secure isn't always the most important trait, what?

Bolded: Say what you will about Obama the truth is the man has not introduced ANY scandal into the oval office. He has dignified the office of president of the USA. Something Im afraid that Hillary wouldn't have done and Trump just won't be able too. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.