Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Newborn baby returned to clinic as too ugly!

seeder

There must be a mistake? Grandma returns her newborn grandson to the clinic where he was born because she thinks he's too UGLY to be her relative

The woman stormed into the clinic in the city of Santa Marta in Colombia
    She demanded staff swap the baby back saying staff had switched him a birth
    Staff said he had been the only baby boy delivered at the clinic on that day  

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4095852/There-mistake-Grandma-returns-newborn-grandson-clinic-born-thinks-s-UGLY-relative.html

Edited by seeder
  • Like 2

Shame on her! I think that's awful.

• Like 7

Its quite a shocking story isnt it?

• Like 4

It's quite understandable. If I got an ugly grandson, I would do the same!

Actually, I'm too lazy.  I'd probably DHL the baby back to the clinic.

;)

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, acute said:

It's quite understandable. If I got an ugly grandson, I would do the same!

Actually, I'm too lazy.  I'd probably DHL the baby back to the clinic.

;)

I really hope you are joking.

However I have serious doubts on the legitimacy of the article considering its source.

I smell some B.S on this story.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ryu said:

I really hope you are joking.

However I have serious doubts on the legitimacy of the article considering its source.

I smell some B.S on this story.

Yes, I am joking, hence the wink!

You're right, it could well be fake news.  There's a lot of it about!

• Like 2

Man... you can google a meme for anything these days!

image.png

• Like 3

Now here is a real ugly and scary baby! DO WATCH!   funny!  :lol:

Edited by seeder
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Ryu said:

The Daily Mail have sourced it to the Mirror which is where it seems to have originated from. Other news sites have picked it up since

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/grandma-took-grandson-back-clinic-9575201

It does sound far-fetched unless the grandma has some health issues, that would help explain her behaviour. 

• Like 1

If anyone can speak/read Columbian and check the Columbian media...then we can know for sure

I would like to see a picture of the grand-mother, to see if the baby resembles her.

15 minutes ago, Still Waters said:

It does sound far-fetched unless the grandma has some health issues, that would help explain her behaviour. 

And mental issues, I feel for the grandson if she has and hope she is never left to babysit him.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Still Waters said:

The Daily Mail have sourced it to the Mirror which is where it seems to have originated from. Other news sites have picked it up since

Just because other news sources report it doesn't make it any more real or true.

However IF the story is true at all (and I use the term 'true'  loosely) then yeah, granny does have mental issues but one would still have to question why the parents would leave their kid with her or let her near them without supervision if she has a pre-existing mental issue. Mental issues do not just pop-up from one day to the next.

Still...gonna paste my "Nonsense Warning Flags" on this. (Actually on any report for that matter)

• Like 1

Although it was her mistake since it was the only boy delivered at the clinic that day, nevertheless she was probably wary of this recent news....

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/dec/15/babies-born-royal-london-hospital-could-leave-wrong-mother

It wouldn't be the first time that babies were given to the wrong mother!  Although the incidence is very low, it must be a worrying nightmare for expectant mothers in hospital.  Imagine a lifetime of being with the wrong parents!

That said, the grandma also hasn't taken account the gene factor, i.e. maybe the son looked like someone else in their family tree. 

I have to say I find babies are not exactly easy on the eye for the most part (I struggle to be complimentary when I see a new born baby!) To me they look a bit like wrinkly old men!  Just saying.... hides.gif?v=2

Edited by sees
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, sees said:

Although it was her mistake since it was the only boy delivered at the clinic that day, nevertheless she was probably wary of this recent news....

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/dec/15/babies-born-royal-london-hospital-could-leave-wrong-mother

Still not an excuse. This granny should not be coddled or defended especially in light of her behavior.

Where were the parents in all this? (if the story were true, that is)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Ryu said:

Just because other news sources report it doesn't make it any more real or true.

Just because it was from the Daily Mail it doesn't make it untrue either.

I didn't imply the story was true. I just pointed out the Daily Mail wasn't the original source.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Still Waters said:

Just because it was from the Daily Mail it doesn't make it untrue either.

I didn't imply the story was true. I just pointed out the Daily Mail wasn't the original source.

I am aware of that. I am just not going to readily believe what I read, regardless of the source.

1 hour ago, Ryu said:

Still not an excuse. This granny should not be coddled or defended especially in light of her behavior.

Where were the parents in all this? (if the story were true, that is)

Of course the recent concern over babies being switched is not an excuse.  I wasn't presenting it as that but just understanding what her concern might have been.   The mistake she made was declaring it as an established mistake! 

Yes it does seem odd that the parents are not mentioned.

Edited by sees

I finally managed to track down the baby photo...only look if you think you can handle it

Spoiler

384.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sees said:

Of course the recent concern over babies being switched is not an excuse.  I wasn't presenting it as that but just understanding what her concern might have been.   The mistake she made was declaring it as an established mistake! 

Yes it does seem odd that the parents are not mentioned.

I read that the mom went with the grandma to the hospital.  The baby was examined and the staff assured the family he was ok.  They were sent home.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, seeder said:

I finally managed to track down the baby photo...only look if you think you can handle it

Reveal hidden contents

384.jpg

Smartass lol

• Like 1

5 hours ago, seeder said:

Reveal hidden contents

384.jpg

Aww...how cute.. a baby viking.

Edited by Ryu
  • Like 2

I'll gladly raise that child since the grandmother is heartless!