Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

College Football 2017

BrooklynGuy

27 minutes ago, Harte said:

If they played this week, Auburn would have little chance of winning, is what I think.

But the #4 ranking means nothing to Georgia even after their last regular season game (Georgia Tech,) since if they're up there they'll be playing Bama in the SEC Championship game.

They win that one, they'll be in the playoffs, unless they lose a couple on the way there.

Harte

I agree...AU has to have Pettway and Johnson healthy to beat UGA,don't think Stidham and the wr's can do it on their own against Georgia's db's.

Then again AU could/shoulda beat Clemson on the road but couldn't keep Stidham upright...that problem looks as it is being corrected.

I'm not sure if Georgia is better than Clemson and Georgia hasn't played anyone near Clemsons level so far...ND is decent but just think back to the '12 Natty and remember how crazy ND's players looked next to Bama's...not a whole lot has changed in that regard.

In a comparison AU and UGA both looked very similair against Miss St and i don't think they are that far apart...but AU has to be healthy to do it!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Harte said:

Georgia was #5 before Oklahoma lost, that's how so.

They got leapfrogged by Washington.

No matter. If they keep playing like they are, they'll meet Alabama anyway. They'll have to win that one to make a playoff game so a top 4 ranking means nothing to them, even through the week before the SEC Championship.

Harte

Jawja is #4 in the AP poll. 

At least Jawja has beaten ND. Washington hasn't played anyone yet, which is typical for them. One of the weakest OoC schedules every year. But it worked for them last year so why change anything?

• Like 3

Hadn't seen the AP poll. Glad to know it. Looks more like justice.

Harte

• Like 1

Myles I just checked and the new picks this week for College football are still not available ?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BrooklynGuy said:

Myles I just checked and the new picks this week for College football are still not available ?

I've been checking since Monday myself and they are still not up.

• Like 1

I'm just going to join in on that yahoo pick'em by casting out bets of what's going to screw up next :lol:

• Like 2

I usually don't care who wins the AU vs LSU game,just want the team with the best chance to win the SEC to come out on top...

I'm starting to get nervous for AU though as LSU is getting many of their d lineman back for this game and Gus wont put his buddy the O line coach in check and put the Fl St transfer senior LG in for the injured starter... Instead of shuffling the damn line again!

That guy who started at LT the first 4 games might have all the "potential" in the world,but it doesn't change the fact he doesn't have enough experience yet!

He only played football in hs 1 year and came to AU as a DE before switching to o-line...he's a sophmore and can get experience this year during garbage time,AU can't allow him to have another Clemson type learning curve where he alone was responsible for 6-7 of those 11 sacks!

The O-line coach is a ****ing idiot!!!

• Like 2

Wow, USF and UCF are ranked while FSU and Florida aren't. Lot of folks upset around here (Tallahassee). Many fans want both coaches fired. Of course Jimbo isn't going anywhere, his buy out is 44 million dollars!! WTF? $44 million? Who does that?

• Like 2

@.ZZ.

Ok here's my games...

Georgia Tech vs Miami

W. Virginia vs Texas Tech

Texas A&M vs Florida

Oklahoma vs Texas

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Bama13 said:

Wow, USF and UCF are ranked while FSU and Florida aren't. Lot of folks upset around here (Tallahassee). Many fans want both coaches fired. Of course Jimbo isn't going anywhere, his buy out is 44 million dollars!! WTF? $44 million? Who does that?

Not sure why Fl St fans are screaming...

Yeah it's been a rough year but c'mon Jimbo lost his starting qb in game 1,and that's hard to recover from!...Even moreso with Jimbo's pro style scheme.

Their Backup qb is not built currently for D1 ball,he's like 6'3 168 lbs :w00t:

Plus i'm so glad their DC charles kelly turned AU down before Steele took the job...that guy has all the talent in the world at his disposal and has had it since Pruitt left,but that defense looks completely lost at times...

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

@.ZZ.

Ok here's my games...

Georgia Tech vs Miami

W. Virginia vs Texas Tech

Texas A&M vs Florida

Oklahoma vs Texas

Mine:

10rc @ South Carolina

Auburn @ LSU

Memphis @ Navy

Fresno State @ New Mexico

You're choice for the swing bud.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

Mine:

10rc @ South Carolina

Auburn @ LSU

Memphis @ Navy

Fresno State @ New Mexico

You're choice for the swing bud.

Really holding my feet to the fire with all these Auburn games aren't ya Z? :lol:

Swing game Wisconsin vs Purdue

Carolina vs Philly game atm is a good one!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Really holding my feet to the fire with all these Auburn games aren't ya Z? :lol:

Swing game Wisconsin vs Purdue

Carolina vs Philly game atm is a good one!

LOL

Yeah I'm watching the game, just saw your boy throw a pick. (Go ahead, it was a deflection!)

Hopefully, this week's picks won't be a cluster****. :huh:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

LOL

Yeah I'm watching the game, just saw your boy throw a pick. (Go ahead, it was a deflection!)

Hopefully, this week's picks won't be a cluster****. :huh:

Not so much a "deflection" as that weak ass o lineman got shoved right into Cams arm...Really needed those lineman after McCaffrey and they didn't pull the trigger soon enough,that O line isn't good!...I don't care how good philly's front 4 are,that line hasn't gotten any better since last season.

We are off to a better start than last week already lol

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Not so much a "deflection" as that weak ass o lineman got shoved right into Cams arm...Really needed those lineman after McCaffrey and they didn't pull the trigger soon enough,that O line isn't good!...I don't care how good philly's front 4 are,that line hasn't gotten any better since last season.

We are off to a better start than last week already lol

Ok, pushed then! :lol:

Explain that pick just now...through his arms..is THAT ok then? ;)

Edited by .ZZ.
  • Like 2

I have Kuechly on my team I'm sweating it.

ETA: I have McCaffrey  too, but Cam kept the TD run for himself instead of the hand off.

Edited by .ZZ.
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

Ok, pushed then! :lol:

Explain that pick just now...through his arms..is THAT ok then? ;)

No Cam wasn't pushed,his lineman got pushed back right into his throwing arm before he released the ball...Did you see the replay?

That 2nd one was a fine int all of Cams own making :lol:

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

I have Kuechly on my team I'm sweating it.

ETA: I have McCaffrey  too, but Cam kept the TD run for himself instead of the hand off.

I HATE when Keuchly gets roughed up!

That D isn't the same without him!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

No Cam wasn't pushed,his lineman got pushed back right into his throwing arm before he released the ball...Did you see the replay?

That 2nd one was a fine int all of Cams own making :lol:

Not really bud, my eyes glazed over. I'm funny that way.

But, in the future I sure will be more accurate! (geez) :lol:

Good gawd man! :ph34r:

• Like 2

Just now, .ZZ. said:

Not really bud, my eyes glazed over. I'm funny that way.

But, in the future I sure will be more accurate! (geez) :lol:

Good gawd man! :ph34r:

:lol: :rofl: :lol:

I will allow it this once...but never again lol

Wentz is making me proud,i said he should have been the first qb drafted that year and he looks the part!

• Like 2

God damn what an effort!!!

Hope he didn't hurt himself on the landing!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

God damn what an effort!!!

Hope he didn't hurt himself on the landing!

Very impressive "Superman" flight, I'll give you that!:tu:

I'm happy as a clam over here! #22 got me points!!

• Like 2

Just now, .ZZ. said:

Very impressive "Superman" flight, I'll give you that!:tu:

I'm happy as a clam over here! #22 got me points!!

I just hate seeing no Olsen and no Keuchly in games like this...

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

:lol: :rofl: :lol:

I will allow it this once...but never again lol

Wentz is making me proud,i said he should have been the first qb drafted that year and he looks the part!

I never expected Wentz to do what he's doing! On 3rd down he is magical. (exaggerate much ZZ?) :rolleyes:

• Like 2