Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

College Football 2017

BrooklynGuy

1 minute ago, CrimsonKing said:

I just hate seeing no Olsen and no Keuchly in games like this...

Yeah, I had him too early on. :(

ETA: So much for the NFL thread here.. lol

Edited by .ZZ.
  • Like 2

Just now, .ZZ. said:

Yeah, I had him too early on. :(

Damn Z,hope McCaffrey doesn't have a blowout on ya aswell lol

• Like 2

Just now, CrimsonKing said:

Damn Z,hope McCaffrey doesn't have a blowout on ya aswell lol

"Well bless your heart!"

:lol:

• Like 2

Never understand the play calling on that last set of downs...

I mean 1st and 10 inside the Eagles 40 with 3 1/2 minutes left and all 3 plays were deep shots?...makes very little sense!

And for you're information THAT was a beautiful interception! :P :lol:

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Never understand the play calling on that last set of downs...

I mean 1st and 10 inside the Eagles 40 with 3 1/2 minutes left and all 3 plays were deep shots?...makes very little sense!

And for you're information THAT was a beautiful interception! :P :lol:

Coach Rivera isn't up there on my adoration list.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, .ZZ. said:

ETA: So much for the NFL thread here.. lol

Meh...honestly since we set up the "pick'em" systems our football threads have become mmmmm "lazy" at best...everyone makes their picks and run off lol

Me and you are the only 2 who really discuss,b****,and raise hell anymore :lol:...well Bama does once in a blue moon when Bama fumbles a ball or something every now and then haha

• Like 2

1 hour ago, .ZZ. said:

Coach Rivera isn't up there on my adoration list.

Hell my last post was with 3 1/2 min left...they got the ball back again and made calls the crew from the tv show  "Jack ass" could have done a better job of :huh: :lol:

• Like 2

11 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

Not sure why Fl St fans are screaming...

Yeah it's been a rough year but c'mon Jimbo lost his starting qb in game 1,and that's hard to recover from!...Even moreso with Jimbo's pro style scheme.

Their Backup qb is not built currently for D1 ball,he's like 6'3 168 lbs :w00t:

Plus i'm so glad their DC charles kelly turned AU down before Steele took the job...that guy has all the talent in the world at his disposal and has had it since Pruitt left,but that defense looks completely lost at times...

QB play is not what is hurting them. He got them the lead with less that 90 seconds left in the game. They want Jimbo to fire the OLine coach and the DC. If he won't then they want him gone too. Bowden went though the same thing when he refused to fire his son Jeff as OC. Eventually the boosters bought his son out but it left a bad taste in many fans mouth and was partially responsible for them running Bowden off, in a kinda nice way, sorta.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

Meh...honestly since we set up the "pick'em" systems our football threads have become mmmmm "lazy" at best...everyone makes their picks and run off lol

Me and you are the only 2 who really discuss,b****,and raise hell anymore :lol:...well Bama does once in a blue moon when Bama fumbles a ball or something every now and then haha

BK is the one that posts articles and whatnot. With him busy with his mom no one else is stepping up. I could post a lot of BAMA articles if you want me to!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

I lurk, but given that I don't care to follow the NFL anymore (at all - and, no, it's not about kneeling,) I'm not interested.

Hell, I can barely follow college ball anymore. Wife doesn't like me watching it - but my foot has been put down regarding Georgia. I get that one anyway.

Pretty much all my concentration is usually on how good (or bad) the Dawgs are doing.

And dreading playing Auburn, Florida and (hopefully) Alabama.

Harte

• Like 2

Click

Just read that North Carolina is not getting penalized by the NCAA!

"The panel concluded that while student-athletes and athletics programs may have benefited from utilizing the courses, the general student body also benefited," a release from the NCAA said. "Based on both the information available in the record and North Carolina’s support of the courses that were offered as not violating its policies, the panel could not conclude that the university failed to monitor or lacked control over its athletics program."

So if a booster gives some money to a student-athlete, but also gives some money to student non-athletes it would not be considered an infraction? WTF?

NCAA has gone from "Tough and ruthless" to "Rough and toothless".

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Bama13 said:

QB play is not what is hurting them. He got them the lead with less that 90 seconds left in the game. They want Jimbo to fire the OLine coach and the DC. If he won't then they want him gone too. Bowden went though the same thing when he refused to fire his son Jeff as OC. Eventually the boosters bought his son out but it left a bad taste in many fans mouth and was partially responsible for them running Bowden off, in a kinda nice way, sorta.

Yeah i forgot about the O line lol,even if they were doing great i don't believe that little toothpick could sling the ball more than 30 yards :lol:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Myles said:

Don't forget to make your picks. 

Thrilling insight Myles... :P :lol:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Harte said:

I lurk, but given that I don't care to follow the NFL anymore (at all - and, no, it's not about kneeling,) I'm not interested.

Hell, I can barely follow college ball anymore. Wife doesn't like me watching it - but my foot has been put down regarding Georgia. I get that one anyway.

Pretty much all my concentration is usually on how good (or bad) the Dawgs are doing.

And dreading playing Auburn, Florida and (hopefully) Alabama.

Harte

Yeah that "NFL KNEELING" thread has blown this one away recently in activity...people love to complain i guess lol

I'm not a huge NFL fan but grew up watching the Saints (could be why i'm not a huge NFL fan :lol:) but i also keep up with the Panthers since Cam showed up...

I could live with or without it honestly...

Atleast you have you're priorities straight between college and pro's lol...though not sure why you dread playing AU...the Dawgs have owned their asses this century! :angry:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bama13 said:

Click

"The panel concluded that while student-athletes and athletics programs may have benefited from utilizing the courses, the general student body also benefited," a release from the NCAA said. "Based on both the information available in the record and North Carolina’s support of the courses that were offered as not violating its policies, the panel could not conclude that the university failed to monitor or lacked control over its athletics program."

So if a booster gives some money to a student-athlete, but also gives some money to student non-athletes it would not be considered an infraction? WTF?

Yeah i'm actually amazed though the NCAA didn't wind up investigated themselves after the Miami debacle...

It's all a sham anyway,they just "investigate" who they want when they want and turn a blind eye to many things.

The other day ESPN ran a story "Auburn University football scandal" that s*** then hit all the sports sites within minutes,then espn had to correct their story lol.

The football player who reportedly had his test taken by a "mentor" was not a active football player when the test was taken and was a "former" football player who came back to finish his degree...the "mentor" denies ever taking the test and the tutor who reported it all had been laid off recently and all reeks of sour grapes.

Do i believe something like that is impossible at these Universities?HELL NO as i believe any and all do this very thing!...Sorry but it would take a lot of cash to convince me otherwise that Nick Marshall or DJ Fluker could pass a college level exam,hell i would be impressed if either could pass one at the 5th grade level!...

• Like 2

Guess this will be a "upset saturday" one way or the other...

Not a single ranked vs ranked game on the slate which is rare at this point of the season!

I don't see all the ranked teams going unscathed...

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Bama13 said:

Click

Boy, does this set a precedent?    This is gonna cost Alabama.  Not only do they have to pay the players, but they'll have to pay the student body too.

• Like 2

@CrimsonKing  When are you going to post the spreads.

Oh, BTW, I love the NFL and always will! (Protests suck of course though)

So there!

Take that!

All y'all!

• Like 3

Just now, .ZZ. said:

@CrimsonKing  When are you going to post the spreads.

Oh, BTW, I love the NFL and always will! (Protests suck of course though)

So there!

Take that!

All y'all!

I'll get to it in a minute bud...

Well you are the one all for paying morons to attend school and then get angered when they grow up a little bit and don't understand a damn thing about why their "protests" come off as ignorant...

There i said it...WHAT?WHAT? :huh: :lol:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CrimsonKing said:

I'll get to it in a minute bud...

Cool, I need to put all of our picks and odds in one post so I can keep track.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Well you are the one all for paying morons to attend school and then get angered when they grow up a little bit and don't understand a damn thing about why their "protests" come off as ignorant...

There i said it...WHAT?WHAT? :huh: :lol:

Well, well, well, "I'll let you get away with that this once, but don't make a habit of it" :lol::rofl::lol:

• Like 2

Miami -6.5 

West Virginia -3.5

Florida -2.5

Oklahoma -9

10rc -3

Auburn -7

Memphis -3

Fresno -1.5

Wisconsin -17

Those are the favorites...you pick my 4 first,let's not repeat last weeks debacle :lol:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Miami -6.5 

West Virginia -3.5

Florida -2.5

Oklahoma -9

10rc -3

Auburn -7

Memphis -3

Fresno -1.5

Wisconsin -17

Those are the favorites...you pick my 4 first,let's not repeat last weeks debacle :lol:

LOL, see, last week I thought those WERE your picks. ;)

My official picks:

Miami

Texas Tech

Florida

Oklahoma

Thanks for that :lol:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, .ZZ. said:

LOL, see, last week I thought those WERE your picks. ;)

My official picks:

Miami

Texas Tech

Florida

Oklahoma

Thanks for that :lol:

Had to run for a few...

G. Tech

W. Virginia

Oklahoma

Texas A&M

10RC

LSU

Memphis

New Mexico

Purdue

Yeah i could see how you could get confused lol ;)

Edited by CrimsonKing
  • Like 2