Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump's Press Conference

Claire.

Trump addresses business conflicts, says Russia likely behind hacking.

President-elect Donald Trump on Wednesday held his first press conference in more than five months to address swirling questions over Russia’s alleged role in his election and how he will disentangle himself from his massive business empire. Here are the highlights:

Read more: Politico

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Aftermath said:

Yes, I liked that too.  Perhaps if his administration cuts off the media who perpetuates propaganda and/or fake news those MSM outlets will get back to real journalism. 

One can only hope.

• Like 6

I like this idea of using a bidding war to cut down prescription drug prices.  We'll see how that goes.  I reserve judgement on whether Donald is doing a good job or not for a while. 

I'm very concerned about America's role overseas and want us to stop bombing people and start leading in diplomacy and peace.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Aftermath said:

Yes, I liked that too.  Perhaps if his administration cuts off the media who perpetuates propaganda and/or fake news those MSM outlets will get back to real journalism. 

That would be nice but I suspect that they will make up their own stories, say he refuses to comment, and spin their narrative by making him answer through Twitter.  Either that or they will ignore him and go to lord Volde .. er.. Obama for comment on current failings in Trump's presidency.  It's going to be QUITE the 3 ring circus.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

I like this idea of using a bidding war to cut down prescription drug prices.  We'll see how that goes.  I reserve judgement on whether Donald is doing a good job or not for a while. 

I'm very concerned about America's role overseas and want us to stop bombing people and start leading in diplomacy and peace.

I suspect he will have a sit down with Vlad and work out an accommodation in Syria.  There are a lot of moving pieces on that board and it may take S.A. and Co. losing a few pieces to get that done. All bets could be off if he finds that Putin actually did call for the dirt on him to be dug up or created. Hopefully, we won't have to see how THAT would play out.  

trump is a public figure, his dirty laundry are out, if there was some dirt on him that we do not already know, it would be published  long ago. left just can't accept that there is nothing on him we do not know. so they keep making sht up, and threaten with release of dirt that does not exist. 

Edited by aztek
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

I second all that. Although, I have a gut feeling Trump's massive ego and Putin's massive ego are going to clash somewhat, regardless of what we hope happens. Sooner or later, one of them is going to want to dominate the other. That's how these type of men in high power positions are, especially since Trump fancies himself to be like the second coming of Reagan. One can only hope for the best, though.

• Like 1

It worries me when Presidents blacklist news organizations and won't accept questions from those he doesn't like. this intimidates reporters and news organizations to ask only friendly questions. Of course, this is what Presidents and others in government want.

Trump especially is sensitive about criticism. Will he also have an "enemy's list" as President Nixon did? This attitude did not serve Nixon well.

• Like 4

So far Trump doesn't appear to be a grudge holder though. I mean, he even interviewed Romney for a cabinet position (and Romney said some pretty bad things about Trump). Frankly, many news groups were anything but fair when it came to covering Trump. This latest debacle is just one more rumor that certain news groups are promoting as being truthful because they really just hate Trump.  

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, StarMountainKid said:

this intimidates reporters and news organizations to ask only friendly questions. Of course, this is what Presidents and others in government want.

Yes, but when was the last time you ever remember a press conference that asked really challenging, hard-hitting questions? That's what they're all about, being fed carefully vetted questions from approved sources that aren't so much questions as opportunities to state official policy yet again.

• Like 5

I missed the press conference because I couldn't tear myself away from little eaglet live stream. Did Trump give any specific details about what he was doing with his business interests aside from handing them over to his two sons to manage? I can only find very brief summaries on the news.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Claire. said:

I missed the press conference because I couldn't tear myself away from little eaglet live stream. Did Trump give any specific details about what he was doing with his business interests aside from handing them over to his two sons to manage? I can only find very brief summaries on the news.

allow me ---

there are a few of them of differing lengths but I picked this one at random -

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StarMountainKid said:

It worries me when Presidents blacklist news organizations and won't accept questions from those he doesn't like. this intimidates reporters and news organizations to ask only friendly questions. Of course, this is what Presidents and others in government want.

These organizations have only themselves to blame.

Trump especially is sensitive about criticism.

Damned right he is, as you would be too if you were under the weight of so many lies being leveled at you.

• Like 6

Fox's Shep Smith defends CNN:

CNN’s exclusive reporting on the Russian matter was separate and distinctly different from the document dump executed by an online news property. Though we at Fox News cannot confirm CNN’s report, it is our observation that its correspondents follow journalistic standards and that neither they nor any other journalists should be subjected to belittling or delegitimizing by the President-elect of the United States.”

Read more here (With video)

He uses words such as "we" and "our". Is he speaking for the network or does he have mouse in his pocket? His is the most liberal anchor at Fox News, so I'm not surprised.

Edited by .ZZ.
  • Like 1

Trump especially is sensitive about criticism. Will he also have an "enemy's list" as President Nixon did? This attitude did not serve Nixon well.

"News organizations"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, .ZZ. said:

Fox's Shep Smith defends CNN.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/foxs-shep-smith-defends-cnn-over-belittling-from-trump/

He uses words such as "we" and "our". He is speaking for the network or does he have mouse in his pocket? His is the most liberal anchor at Fox News, so I'm not surprised.

I've been watching the TV's all morning and every outlet is blaming other outlets for publishing "unverified reports". It's kind of fun watching all these once-great news giants trying to keep their heads above water.

• Like 2

I disagree.  If a news organization publishes BS stories they should be held accountable...  e.g., not answering their questions.  If they want their questions to be answered they should conduct themselves with journalistic integrity.  Trump is sensitive about criticism, most people are, and he is also sensitive to the way the MSM has portrayed him this past year (i.e., not very fairly) - so now let's see some real journalism and may be you'll get your questions answered.

This shouldn't worry anyone except for duplicitous journalists - making America great again, one a$$hat at a time.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, .ZZ. said:

I watched it it's entirety.

The highlight for me was when he cut CNN off and called them "fake news".

So what exactly did CNN do to be labeled as being "fake news" ?

4 hours ago, OverSword said:

I'm not really sure on how a bidding war on a patented item will occur.

• Like 1