Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump's Press Conference

Claire.

If the intelligence people included it in the report, they thought it was important to know about. If they included it in the report, then it becomes newsworthy. CNN reported accurately that the information was included in the report, the sources were vetted, but the information was unsubstantiated. That's called the truth. I know it's difficult for Trump to understand that concept, but the truth is the opposite of fake news. 

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, aztek said:

every single election republican candidate lost was due to electoral college not voting for them with enough votes.

I'm not letting you derail this into a discussion about the electoral college. This is about the press conference and how Trump called CNN out for fake news when they reported accurately. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

I'm not letting you derail this into a discussion about the electoral college. This is about the press conference and how Trump called CNN out for fake news when they reported accurately. 

lmao, you are not in that position to let or not let me do anything. it is not so much about electoral college but  a concept of fair, that you brought up, 

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

In defense of Mr. Trump:  Someone had to go first, and Mr. Trump had the courage to do it. The propaganda has gotten out of control, and people need to be held accountable.

It's one thing to question the citizenship of Ted Cruz or Barack Obama during the election cycle, but it's another thing entirely to manufacture crude allegations of sexual perversion. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, simplybill said:

In defense of Mr. Trump:  Someone had to go first, and Mr. Trump had the courage to do it. The propaganda has gotten out of control, and people need to be held accountable.

It's one thing to question the citizenship of Ted Cruz or Barack Obama during the election cycle, but it's another thing entirely to manufacture crude allegations of sexual perversion. 

Pizzagate....

16 minutes ago, simplybill said:

That's how pathetically desperate they have become.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

All was fair when he was claiming publicly that Obama was a Muslim Kenyan and also the founder of ISIS. All was fair when people were claiming that the Clintons were offing their enemies and that they were demons going to some sex island and running a Satanic child sex ring out of a pizza joint (and politicians were encouraging belief in it, even after the pizza joint was shot up). It was fine when the FBI was using the widely debunked Clinton Cash video as some sort of "evidence" with which they could "lock her up." 

Now a dossier (that has been circulating among Congress and news agencies for months) finally comes out. And the ex MI6 British agent has to take his family into hiding, even though no one has actually determined whether or not the information is true. CNN reported that the sources were vetted but the claims were unsubstantiated. I don't see where they got it wrong. 

"That is how pathetically desperate" they have been.

13 minutes ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

Pizzagate....

Yes. It's on both sides of the political fence, and it's disgusting. I can barely listen to CNN, FOX, Wolf Blitzer, Rush Limbaugh....it's a constant barrage of negativity. 

And that's why I was happy to finally see a politician push back on live television (or live IPad actually). They need to start holding media outlets accountable for their unfounded allegations. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ChaosRose said:

what did they report accurately?  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ChaosRose said:

This is about the press conference and how Trump called CNN out for fake news when they reported accurately. 

The people who spread propaganda are as guilty as the people who write the propaganda. CNN knew that their audience would go directly to the BuzzFeed  article.

Nazi Germany again: "I was only doing my job."

• Like 2

Funny, I don't think The Huffington Post has been mentioned.

Here, on a sort of related note, it certainly concerns the Press, is a very good example of the impression  that very selective reporting can give: 

• Four people have been charged with a hate crime, among other charges, in the beating in Chicago of a teenager with mental disabilities, which was broadcast on Facebook Live on January 3. The video shows one of the suspects shouting about Donald Trump and “white people.”

From the NY Times'  This Week in Hate . (" This Week in Hate highlights hate crimes and harassment around the country since the election of Donald Trump. ")

Now, what would you think on seeing that story? You'd think the attackers were Trump supporters, so therefore were naturally white, and it was a black, therefore non-Trump supporter, they'd attacked, wouldn't you? Very, very sneaky.

• Like 7

11 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

the information was unsubstantiated. That's called the truth.

Really? Reporting unsubstantiated information is called the truth? CNN may have accurately reported an inaccurate report but definitions of words dictate that such a report cannot be called the truth. One can accurately repeat a lie and vet the source of the lie but that doesn't make it the truth. That makes them responsible for repeating a lie.

• Like 5

Did they ask Trump about his 75 lawsuits coming into office?

9 minutes ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

Evidence of this would be nice. I like to vet sources for myself.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2017 at 1:04 PM, Claire. said:

Did Trump give any specific details about what he was doing with his business interests aside from handing them over to his two sons to manage?

He said they would be professional and do a wonderful job.  

I get it that he is not Hillary, that is nice, but I am not sure why the swooning.  Maybe you like somebody putting news organizations in their place, cool.  He originates his own stream of fake news. As far as I can tell, he has never done anything for anyone except the Trump empire.  He seems more interested in his businesses than he is the United States, meaning us, you and me.  If Gen. Mattis resigns in frustration, I will be totally over this guy.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

CNN reported accurately that the information was included in the report, the sources were vetted, but the information was unsubstantiated. That's called the truth.

Hang on, that's a very selective use of  words. So it's not that what was in this story was actually the truth, but that CNN said that unsubstantiated information was included in the report? Well it is true that unsubstantiated nonsense information was include din the report, yes, but that's quite different from saying that the report itself was true, and that, whether you might try to pretend otherwise through clever use of words, was what you were clearly implying or insinuating. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

He said they would be professional and do a wonderful job.  

I get it that he is not Hillary, that is nice, but I am not sure why the swooning.  Maybe you like somebody putting news organizations in their place, cool.  He originates his own stream of fake news. As far as I can tell, he has never done anything for anyone except the Trump empire.  He seems more interested in his businesses than he is the United States, meaning us, you and me.  If Gen. Mattis resigns in frustration, I will be totally over this guy.

That's cause you are listening to people who tell you what you want to hear. Ive heard lots of stories about his generosity, from paying off a couples mortgage who helped him when he got a flat tire in front of their house to him handing out 100 dollar bills to his kitchen staff.  He let a homeless lady stay in a room at one of his hotels for years.

There are all kinds of stories about his generosity CNN would never tell you about.

http://eaglerising.com/35324/after-reading-these-stories-about-trump-youll-have-a-very-different-opinion-of-him/

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, preacherman76 said:

That's cause you are listening to people who tell you what you want to hear. Ive heard lots of stories about his generosity, from paying off a couples mortgage who helped him when he got a flat tire in front of their house to him handing out 100 dollar bills to his kitchen staff.  He let a homeless lady stay in a room at one of his hotels for years.

There are all kinds of stories about his generosity CNN would never tell you about.

http://eaglerising.com/35324/after-reading-these-stories-about-trump-youll-have-a-very-different-opinion-of-him/

That can't be true.   We are told he is a baby killer.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

Because that's important how exactly?

• Like 1

I think the actual number of lawsuits may be much higher. However, Mr. Trump is named as an executive in more than 500 different companies, and considering that McDonalds can be sued for giving you the small order of fries instead of the Supersized, then IMO that particular question about Mr. Trump's abilities isn't relevant.

• Like 2

Just to clarify:

I'm not dismissing your concerns, Avatar. I too am concerned about the possibility that Mr. Trump may use the office of President to enrich himself.

I watched a part of Elizabeth Warren's questioning in Ben Carson's confirmation hearing, and I was disappointed that Mr. Carson didn't respond to her ethics questions with a little more gusto. It would have been nice if he could have assured the American people that every acquisition by HUD would be carefully scrutinized, and that he would make available to Congress every detail of those transactions.

I'm beginning to see why the disclosure of Mr. Trump's tax returns is important. If nothing else, it would reassure us that Mr. Trump is 100% committed to governing ethically.

31 minutes ago, simplybill said:

I think the actual number of lawsuits may be much higher. However, Mr. Trump is named as an executive in more than 500 different companies, and considering that McDonalds can be sued for giving you the small order of fries instead of the Supersized, then IMO that particular question about Mr. Trump's abilities isn't relevant.

Exactly, and we need to keep in mind Trump's in the construction business. For those who don't know, construction is absolutely notorious for law suits. There are even 'construction lawyers' who specialize in this area of law.

• Like 4

On 1/13/2017 at 4:57 AM, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

what did they report accurately?  

That the information was included in the report.  CNN were only the messengers.  Trump didn't seem to have any problems through his electoral campaign in quoting and relying on many of the messengers of fake news in relation to Obama's birthplace, did he?  For someone who's about to sit in one of the most important "Democratic" positions in the world, his behaviour was very undemocratic.

• Like 1