Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Spooky figure photo's in garden

seeder

2 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

0erVW9yl.jpg

0erVW9yl_edited.jpg

Cheers Hammer..that seems to be a much clearer image than what the article showed.

It looks to me like a small child who may be running fast...hence the distorted fuzziness of the small figure ? 

The figure also seems to be casting a shadow on the ground. Which tells me it couldn't be a ghost :huh:

It's possible that the child just ran quickly past the photographer as he snapped the second picture ?

He either didn't notice the small figure running by....or the photographer is simply trying to pass this image off as being something paranormal / creepy.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, simplybill said:

Here's an excellent shot of the Supermoon that I took while on vacation in Hong Kong. 

IMG_1611.JPG

That's not the moon. It's the Won Slo Jin Pizza Parlor sign.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

An illusion caused by shadows. I see two images blurred by motion, moving toward the tree in the background instead of a single image crossing the field-of-view. An owl, it's wings on the down stroke with a long tailed rodent in it's clutches.

2 hours ago, simplybill said:

When the picture is cropped like that, it does look like a dog or cat chasing a bird. 

It's odd how people perceive things differently...I can't see an owl, rodent, bird or dog or cat. I can only see a small person (child).. :unsure:

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Astra. said:

It's odd how people perceive things differently...I can't see an owl, rodent, bird or dog or cat. I can only see a small person (child).. :unsure:

Pareidolia leads one to interpret the image as a running, humanoid figure. This is an illusion. Closer examination reveals the apparation has no feet and one of the legs is a long smooth tail and part of the head seems to be composed of the tail feathers of a night bird carrying perhaps something, a rodent, maybe, hence the tail. It's moving away from the camera, not across the field-of-view. That's my interpretation. The other's have similar but somewhat different takes on it.  

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Pareidolia leads one to interpret the image as a running, humanoid figure. This is an illusion.

Oh for sure - and I'm well aware how we can interpret things / images differently. It's rather fascinating how our brains like to create certain patterns with what we sometimes 'think' we are actually seeing due to pareidolia.

14 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Closer examination reveals the apparation has no feet and one of the legs is a long smooth tail and part of the head seems to be composed of the tail feathers of a night bird carrying perhaps something, a rodent, maybe, hence the tail. It's moving away from the camera, not across the field-of-view. That's my interpretation. The other's have similar but somewhat different takes on it.  

I'm not saying that you or other folk are wrong....and I am right. Far from it....

I'm just having a difficult time in seeing what you are seeing and describing. I'll check it out again later tho - when I'm feeling a little fresher :)

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Astra. said:

You could be right. The article mentions a family:

"The uploader said that the family who took the photo has since put up motion-sensor cameras to see if they can get better images of the ghastly creature."

But this is confusing:

"Being a skeptic I would have any other time assumed it to be a photo shop job; but these particular family members are of an older generation that haven't even heard of the program."

Is it a family of old people? I can't imagine a family with kids that have never heard of Photoshop. 

• Like 3

The head looks out of place, the body does resemble a tailed animal but the head looks like ito a different colour to the rest of it

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Astra. said:

Cheers Hammer..that seems to be a much clearer image than what the article showed.

It looks to me like a small child who may be running fast...hence the distorted fuzziness of the small figure ? 

The figure also seems to be casting a shadow on the ground. Which tells me it couldn't be a ghost :huh:

It's possible that the child just ran quickly past the photographer as he snapped the second picture ?

He either didn't notice the small figure running by....or the photographer is simply trying to pass this image off as being something paranormal / creepy.

My very FIRST impression, from seeing a small ish pic in the OP BEFORE  posting... ..was that of a small child rushing home/running in  the garden...it even seems to have a shadow as you say

• Like 2

And here's an animation to show 'Thing' versus the background.
with+out.gif
This was a bit trickier, as the camera was not only moved sideways, it was also angled down and rotated.  That means that the relationship of foreground to background detail was changed a lot and not in a linear way.  I decided to *not* try to undistort it, as doing so may have changed shapes /added false detail.  If you watch carefully you will see that the ground directly beneath 'Thing' is pretty much still, but that above (further away) and below (closer) gets more and more out of alignment.  It's one of the joys with working with a 3D environment recorded on a 2D medium...  Anyway, I think it sorta shows that yes, it does appear to be a shadow...

Beyond that, well.. I'm stuffed if I know.. (sorry about the technical terms...)

It would be nice to get some input from the claimant, but as I said, he seems to have gone to ground, despite getting a quite polite reception, I thought..

• Like 5

The "something" is too ambiguously-looking, too non-human in some parts (especially the weirdly-striped "neck") to be an intentional photoshop fake, but it's not an elf either. There are some details which tell me it's something vegetational, a falling or fallen branch from the tree above may be. The rest is pareidolia.

Edited by Chaldon
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, seeder said:

My very FIRST impression, from seeing a small ish pic in the OP BEFORE  posting... ..was that of a small child rushing home/running in  the garden...it even seems to have a shadow as you say

Yep - after having another look. I can sort of make out what looks like to be a tail..thanks to ChrLzs posting the animation.

I even turned my PC screen upside down...and sideways to try and get a better idea of this oddity. I can still 'see' the smallish person / child...but beyond that I am totally at a loss of what it could really be.

Btw, a great find Seeder...this one is certainly mind boggling.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Astra. said:

I even turned my PC screen upside down...and sideways to try and get a better idea of this oddity.

You too, huh?  :D

I can still 'see' the smallish person / child...but beyond that I am totally at a loss of what it could really be.

Btw, a great find Seeder...this one is certainly mind boggling.

Agreed.  It's a real shame that the originator has run away.  One can only hope - if anyone sees any new information anywhere, please post back here..

BTW, here's another version of that same animation, this time with a longer pause when 'Thing' is there the second time so you lot can stare at it and exercise your pareidolia....
with+out.gif

Edited by ChrLzs
Added new animation
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, ChrLzs said:

You too, huh?  :D

:tu:

1 minute ago, ChrLzs said:

Agreed.  It's a real shame that the originator has run away.  One can only hope - if anyone sees any new information anywhere, please post back here..

Yep - I really hope as well that there will be a follow up of some kind. How annoying if we never find out 'for certain' what this strange thingy really is / was ?   

• Like 1

Isn't this the same pic from the crypto thread a couple of days ago?

• Like 1

A huge thank you to ChrLzs for your great work. I have to say I'm more baffled than before.

Now, to me, It really looks like a squirrel jumping (or about to jump) vertically. But what's he wearing on his head? Anyone remember the squirrel that got his head stuck in a halloween ornament?

• Like 2

I just got it.....its a cat on its back legs

• Like 2

On 1/16/2017 at 0:14 PM, Calibeliever said:

Something interesting. I blew up both photos and laid them over one another on the desktop so I could alt-tab between them. The region in the photo without the figure seems to show the pixel outline of where the "arms" appear to be in the photo with the figure... I don't know why you'd go to the trouble of photoshopping something out of a photograph when you could simply have someone run in and grab it ... not sure, weird. Can someone with better skills look at that?

P.S. Or maybe it was there all along and was "invisible" in the first photo but left it's outline in pixels (yes, foil-hat firmly fixed)

Garden decorative gnome,Added the blank photo to make it move. Looks to me like a stake holding it up the thing people see as a tail clearly seems to be a stake.

Edited by Dyna

On 1/17/2017 at 4:04 AM, ChrLzs said:

BTW, here's another version of that same animation, this time with a longer pause when 'Thing' is there the second time so you lot can stare at it and exercise your pareidolia....
with+out.gif

Looks like it could be a cat jumping up to grab a small basket of cat grass. What looks like a head could be a tiny basket.

Something like this....

s-l225.jpg

That would get the cat to jump at it on queue.

On 1/17/2017 at 1:14 PM, Talion78 said:

The head is strange..... looks like a Meerkat or some sort of small monkey

In a hat

What looks kinda strange to me also is the shadow of this creature.  My pareidolia is telling me there's a head with either a tall hat or beehive hairdo or something, but I don't see any shadow of that elongated head on the ground.  The shadow seems to be at least as long as the figure, so my brain is expecting that shadow to make that neck/head/hat even more pronounced.

Some leaves picked up from the ground, by the wind

If anything it is certainly a brain teaser...one of the best Iv'e seen at UM.

I hope somebody comes along one day and is able to explain in detail what 'exactly' this strange anomaly is...so we can finally lay it to rest. 

• Like 1

Does anyone here do (or want to join) Reddit?  I ask that because the person who posted these pics has now resurfaced and is, rather notably, posting on lots of stuff OTHER THAN this topic...

If someone would like to help out and get in touch with him/her (maybe invite them to join up here)... we might be able to glean further info.  I can draft a set of questions, if anyone would like to help by being a Reddit go-between....

• Like 1