Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Huge Alligator looks like small Dinsoaur

seeder

Huge gator spotted taking stroll in Florida reserve   VIDEO

A MASSIVE gator caused quite a stir when it took a recent stroll on a central Florida nature reserve.

A video posted to Facebook by Kim Joiner shows the huge alligator sauntering across a path at the Circle B Bar Reserve in Polk County Sunday.

Visitors to the nature centre can be seen capturing the unusual spectacle.

“I love Circle B. Nature at its best,” Joiner wrote on the post, which has been shared more than 18,000 times.

Some Facebook commenters say that the well-known gator is nicknamed “Humpback” on account of his large, curved back, FOX 13 reports.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/science/animals/huge-gator-spotted-taking-stroll-in-florida-reserve/news-story/cf9f4c00735eca61939abbee8c8d8233

• Like 9

can you just imagine you've been out camping in a tent with some mates...in the morning youre cooking up some eggs and bacon....and THAT THING....comes out the bushes towards you and your bacon?   :lol:

Phew thats what you call a rapid and natural constipation cure  :lol:

• Like 3

Just now, seeder said:

can you just imagine you've been out camping in a tent with some mates...in the morning youre cooking up some eggs and bacon....and THAT THING....comes out the bushes towards you and your bacon?   :lol:

Phew thats what you call a rapid and natural constipation cure  :lol:

I don't want to imagine. At most I'd figure it would have me with the bacon and eggs.:blink:

• Like 3

Just now, XenoFish said:

I don't want to imagine. At most I'd figure it would have me with the bacon and eggs.:blink:

If I saw that in my camp site Id be up a tree faster than a grasshopper!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, seeder said:

If I saw that in my camp site Id be up a tree faster than a grasshopper!

There would be two options with me. 

1) I'd get eating because I was to busy S'ing bricks.

2) I become the fastest runner on the planet.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Myles said:

I'm amazed that people would get that close to it.   

maybe they didnt choose. Looks like the gator just popped out of the undergrowth

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Myles said:

I'm amazed that people would get that close to it.   

That was my exact thought too!

• Like 2

This isn't too far from us. We're at our winter home in Florida (normally live in Canada), and we're in Polk County too. Biggest gator we've seen is only about 8' or so in our neighbourhood.

That one looks massive. They're usually a lot closer to the ground :)

• Like 3

Hi happy new year to Canada and America. I live in the uk so my knowledge on this subject isn't so good. Is that definitely an Alligator. Because if memory serves me right the biggest

• Like 1

Don't let that slow ponderous walk fool you, that guy can sprint twice as fast has a human (= food).  That is an alligator and though, I haven't seen one that big, I know they can get that big.  We have a native Florida crocodile, so it would be my guess that alligators and nile crocodiles can't interbreed.  

* Note, please when visiting the sunshine state don't feed them, they don't know the difference between your hand and food.  You are simply food. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Grandpa Greenman said:

Don't let that slow ponderous walk fool you, that guy can sprint twice as fast has a human (= food). 

Yes, they do run fast.  This one probably had a meal so he was not hungry for tourists.   But they do eat people, pets, etc.    Normally they ambush prey near bodies of water.  You definitely want to keep your distance like you would to avoid a grizzly bear.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, seeder said:

maybe they didnt choose. Looks like the gator just popped out of the undergrowth

I thought about that too, but the recording seems to take place in anticipation of the gator.   I don't understand why they didn't at least step backwords.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Myles said:

I thought about that too, but the recording seems to take place in anticipation of the gator.   I don't understand why they didn't at least step backwords.

It does seem a bit of a setup.  Doesn't take away from the fact that the gator is a big one.

• Like 4

I live in Gator country (Louisiana) and I am used to seeing gators all the time, and I gotta tell ya, that's one big boy, Damn.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Grandpa Greenman said:

Don't let that slow ponderous walk fool you, that guy can sprint twice as fast has a human (= food).  That is an alligator and though, I haven't seen one that big, I know they can get that big.  We have a native Florida crocodile, so it would be my guess that alligators and nile crocodiles can't interbreed.  

* Note, please when visiting the sunshine state don't feed them, they don't know the difference between your hand and food.  You are simply food. 

Alligators and crocodiles cannot interbreed. Interbreeding usually only happens between species belonging to the same genus. Interbreeding between genera is much less common, but is possible if they are particularly closely related (if the divergence between the two genera was relatively recent). Alligator and crocodile lineages have been separate for roughly 80 million years.

• Like 3

Yes indeed. It does look staged to me. I suppose we'll find out soon enough.

Edit: Looking around the web I find people say this is real and has been there for years. I find this even more amazing.

Edited by UFOwatcher
Web Info

16 minutes ago, UFOwatcher said:

Yes indeed. It does look staged to me. I suppose we'll find out soon enough.

Edit: Looking around the web I find people say this is real and has been there for years. I find this even more amazing.

What I find amazing is that it is still there and not hunted/trapped as a trophy

Luckily, this gator is living in Florida.

He'd been on the dinner table years ago in Louisiana.

• Like 1

The American Saltwater Crocodile  gets even bigger. "The American Crocodile is one of the larger crocodile species. Males can reach lengths of 6.1 m (20 ft), weighing up to 907 kg (2,000 lb)." Their range in the States is limited to the southern half of Florida, with a rebounding population of over 2,000.

• Like 2

WOW........not sure if i am totally sold on that being real......how did they know it would show it's face?.......and normal humans don't just sit in that environment taking a family pic and that so call dinosaur just happen to appear......we have over 80,000 protected crocodiles here in AU.........no one goes that close.....jmo