Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

CIA release 13million declassified documents

seeder

Among the more unusual records are documents from the Stargate Project, which dealt with psychic powers and extrasensory perception.

Those include records of testing on celebrity psychic Uri Geller in 1973, when he was already a well-established performer.

Memos detail how Mr Geller was able to partly replicate pictures drawn in another room with varying - but sometimes precise - accuracy, leading the researchers to write that he "demonstrated his paranormal perceptual ability in a convincing and unambiguous manner".

• Like 5

I can understand why it took a couple years to upload... that's a LOT of documents to process. I've been part of a huge project like that before, loading several years worth of hardcopy. It took a team of temps months just to scan the papers into the system. And it probably wasn't near as much as 13 million. The group I worked with probably had it easier- it was just scan the entire thing, no stopping to pick or choose what to scan or not.

• Like 1

You can't disclose what's not there.
Anyhow, it's weeks worth of reading material for the inquisitive mind or the socially inept.

5 minutes ago, switchopens said:

Anyhow, it's weeks worth of reading material for the inquisitive mind or the socially inept.

Its most likely searchable too,,,in fact it has to be with so much info/pages

Impressive endeavor when one considers the English Wikipedia is somewhere around 41M pages (source: Wikipedia Statistics).

• Like 1

It is searchable. According to one article, a search on 'UFO' yielded over 1700 results. I haven't had time to go look myself.

• Like 1

It might be interesting when one has some time to kill or nothing better to do. After all, it's not every day one can sift through CIA files, the subject matter notwithstanding.

• Like 3

Here's an interesting one from those CIA pages.

July, 1965

Source: (click on attachment .pdf )

https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/document/0000015255

Antarctica Flying Saucers:

A group of red, green, and yellow flying saucers has been seen flying over Decepcion Island for two hours by Argentine, Chilean and British bases in Antarctica.

The flying saucers were also seen flying in formation over the South Orkney Islands in quick circles.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 7

On 19 January 2017 at 10:29 AM, switchopens said:

So if you are such a sceptic about everything, why are you on a site like this? Just wondering!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pallidin said:

Here's an interesting one from those CIA pages.

July, 1965

Source: (click on attachment .pdf )

https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/document/0000015255

Antarctica Flying Saucers:

A group of red, green, and yellow flying saucers has been seen flying over Decepcion Island for two hours by Argentine, Chilean and British bases in Antarctica.

The flying saucers were also seen flying in formation over the South Orkney Islands in quick circles.

So much history! I got swept up in the paragraph at the top about Buenos Aires suppressing leftist movements by passing a resolution that lumped together fascist organizations and the communist youth federation for purposes of prosecution. And then the next about Meat packers striking. Wow.

Oh yeah, the UFO bit was cool as well :)

• Like 3

On Friday, January 20, 2017 at 9:19 PM, curiouse said:

So if you are such a sceptic about everything, why are you on a site like this? Just wondering!

What is 'a site like this'?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 23 January 2017 at 8:44 AM, Golden Duck said:

What is 'a site like this'?

This one.

27 minutes ago, lucid_lioness said:

Some of these are quite interesting 

https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/docs/DOC_0000015277.pdf

Many reports on triangular type vessels with a light on each end. Can def find some good info here, although much of it is old and hard to read.

Good find. Possibly an experimental aircraft? The bit about the conductor closing the blinds and nodding toward the back of the train is a head scratcher.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, curiouse said:

This one.

You think this is some kind of believer site? Well, you thinking is wrong. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, curiouse said:

This one.

I'm sure all sides of a debate were welcomed on this site.

Edited by Golden Duck
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Calibeliever said:

Good find. Possibly an experimental aircraft? The bit about the conductor closing the blinds and nodding toward the back of the train is a head scratcher.

I do think many of these sightings are experimental aircrafts. With the amount of creating going on in both the government and private sector I'm sure there are a ton of cars/trucks/aircrafts/boats/drones being made that we have never before seen.

• Like 2