Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump Inaguration

Sweetpumper

Trump's inauguration fails again when the military told him no tanks and missile launchers according to the following:

During the preparation for Friday’s transfer-of-power, a member of Trump’s transition team floated the idea of including tanks and missile launchers in the inaugural parade, a source involved in inaugural planning told The Huffington Post.

“They were legit thinking Red Square/North Korea-style parade,” the source said, referring to massive military parades in Moscow and Pyongyang, typically seen as an aggressive display of muscle-flexing. 

http://www.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_58811f4ae4b096b4a23091f7

Just in general Trump thinks this is what a great president is about.

“Being a great president has to do with a lot of things, but one of them is being a great cheerleader for the country,” Trump said. “And we’re going to show the people as we build up our military, we’re going to display our military. 

“That military may come marching down Pennsylvania Avenue. That military may be flying over New York City and Washington, D.C., for parades. I mean, we’re going to be showing our military,” he added in the Post interview. 

http://www.militarytimes.com/articles/trump-to-hold-military-parades-as-us-forces-grow

Trump has more in common with Korean Kim it seems.

Edited by Avatar Samantha Ai

17 minutes ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

Trump's inauguration fails again when the military told him no tanks and missile launchers according to the following:

http://www.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_58811f4ae4b096b4a23091f7

Just in general Trump thinks this is what a great president is about.

http://www.militarytimes.com/articles/trump-to-hold-military-parades-as-us-forces-grow

Trump has more in common with Korean Kim it seems.

your first link is dead, the second link gives us this

In an interview with The  Washington Post this week, President-elect Donald Trump floated the idea of using military parades

Floating ideas isnt illegal or wrong......ideas are just that....ideas. You need to understand that there has been so much mud slinging in this election....that anything Trump has said or is believed to have said....is ripe for being blown out of context and proportion

I doubt Trump will do anything that will greatly affect the typical American persons lives.....Americans will still wake up to regular life.... the whole thing is blown out of proportion...... from an outsiders point of view, ie MINE....its farcical, Ive never seen anything like this come out of America

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Innacurate lies? He literally admitted to sexually assaulting women. And you guys still elected him. If he wasn't rich, he would be in prison being sexually assaulted himself.

I saw the interview where he said that last night, it's from the early 90s or thereabouts. He stated 'I would just invade Iran and take over the oil. Let them have the rest of the country and we'll just take their oil'. 

And I didn't derail the thread. I replied directly to someone's post, regarding the subject they posted about. That's, like, the opposite of derailling a thread.

It was either him or Hillary, we didn't have a great choice. And it wasn't a "women" thing, it was a "Hillary"  thing.

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, Claire. said:

TY1tHkc.jpg

Replace the photo with the former b******-in-chief and change the last bit to "a constitution he studied diligently so he could shred it effectively" and you'd have it just about right.  See how that works? ;)   I hear the RESISTANCE is looking for members :w00t:   

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, and then said:

Replace the photo with the former b******-in-chief and change the last bit to "a constitution he studied diligently so he could shred it effectively" and you'd have it just about right.  See how that works? ;)   I hear the RESISTANCE is looking for members :w00t:   

:lol:

• Like 2

Stars have been bullied into not performing at the inauguration and even the Girl Scouts are not safe from it.

Since George Washington took his oath of office in New York on April 20, 1789, America has held an inaugural parade celebrating the peaceful transition of power upon which the country is founded.

For more than a century, some lucky members of the Nation’s Capital council of the Girl Scouts of America have marched in that parade, alongside members of organizations from across the country.

It doesn’t appear the Girl Scouts has ever been scrutinized for its participation. But, as President-elect Donald Trump’s inauguration approaches on Friday, the organization has come under fire for its (quadrennial, expected) decision to have 75 Girl Scouts march in the parade.

Many of its critics say the girls should not march considering Trump’s recorded comments about women and Vice President-elect Mike Pence’s strong antiabortion views.

cont...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/01/19/not-even-the-girl-scouts-are-safe-from-the-anti-trump-forces/?utm_term=.a490de3b86af

• Like 6

2 hours ago, seeder said:

Nope you havent fixed a thing.....he won a democratic process....probably ONLY because of the opponent he was up against, Killary Clinton...

In order to get a better opinion of what  you say...tell me what YOU think Trump will do in his term as POTUS?

Spot ON!  A person doesn't have to be a Trump fan to have voted for him.  His opposition almost guaranteed his win.  I didn't understand just how strong the change component would be and I was suckered in by the media, like so many others.  Frankly, I saw zero hope of him winning because of the outrageous things he'd say.  He said MANY things that ANY other candidate would have crashed and burned over.  He did that over and over throughout the campaign and it was THIS willingness to speak his mind that won him the election against an opponent who represented all that was wrong over the past 8 years.  Americans vote their wallets and their children's safety.  Always have, always will.

I voted against HRC and I'm so thankful that she was kept from power that I STILL am offering up prayers of thanksgiving.  Trump has a bar set so low by his haters that ANY success will be unexpected.  And be assured that any success in the economic realm will only be over the utmost efforts of resistance, legal and illegal, put up by the Left and the Globalists.  If America survives the next 4 years as a viable democracy, I will be astonished.  The Right in this nation loathed BO.  He stiff-armed us for 8 years.  He enacted (with his celebrity pen) a social agenda that most Americans were not ready for nor pleased with.  On the Right, we used the legal levers of power and resisted his worst abuses.  We did not march, stamp our feet, scream or cry.  We honored the choice of our countrymen because THAT'S WHAT AMERICA HAS ALWAYS DONE.  Those who feel they can just change the rules because they don't like the outcome better be very careful of what they could set in motion.  Starting a civil war is relatively easy.  Ending one might be nearly impossible.  Who wins then, I wonder?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Stars have been bullied into not performing at the inauguration and even the Girl Scouts are not safe from it.

I've not followed any of that to be honest, but I think it bad form. Pressuring or bullying others in such a way is appalling.

• Like 9

26 minutes ago, seeder said:

your first link is dead, the second link gives us this

Floating ideas isnt illegal or wrong......ideas are just that....ideas. You need to understand that there has been so much mud slinging in this election....that anything Trump has said or is believed to have said....is ripe for being blown out of context and proportion

Here is a better link and where it specifically states the military denied the request.

The military, which traditionally works closely with the presidential inaugural committee, shot down the request, the source said. Their reason was twofold. Some were concerned about the optics of having tanks and missile launchers rolling down Pennsylvania Avenue. But they also worried that the tanks, which often weigh over 100,000 pounds, would destroy the roads.

“I could absolutely see structural support being a reason [not to use tanks],” a Department of Defense official said. “D.C. is built on a swamp to begin with.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-military-equipment-inauguration_us_58811f4ae4b096b4a23091f7

The second link provides a direct quote to what Trump himself thinks makes a great president.

9 minutes ago, Claire. said:

I've not followed any of that to be honest, but I think it bad form. Pressuring or bullying others in such a way is appalling.

There have been many reports on the people who refused or backed out because of verbal abuse and threats of ruining their careers by boycotting them. It is appalling!

• Like 9

I wonder if people get their panties in a twist when military jets fly over football games?:passifier:

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Michelle said:

There have been many reports on the people who refused or backed out because of verbal abuse and threats of ruining their careers by boycotting them. It is appalling!

Did you catch the irony? Maybe hypocrisy is a better word.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Claire. said:

Did you catch the irony? Maybe hypocrisy is a better word.

I certainly have seen a lot of hypocrisy lately.

• Like 3

SEE?   But WHY?

Clinton Family Friend Charged After Threatening To Kill Donald Trump On Twitter

51 year-old Florida resident, Dominic Puopolo, who was arrested by Miami Beach police Tuesday for allegedly threatening President-elect Donald Trump online is, according to The Daily Mail, is a member of a prominent northeast family close to Bill and Hillary Clinton.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-18/clinton-family-friend-charged-after-threatening-kill-donald-trump-twitter

• Like 2

The Talladega College Marching Tornadoes band took a lot of heat in the last few weeks for agreeing to perform in Donald J. Trump’s inaugural parade. But on Friday the band learned that political heat can also be quite lucrative.

Talladega, a small, historically black college in Alabama, had been struggling to raise the $75,000 to send the band to Washington for the Jan. 20 inauguration.

But after the college’s president, Billy C. Hawkins, appeared Thursday on “The O’Reilly Factor” on Fox News, describing how their choice had been criticized by many, donations from the show’s largely conservative audience flooded in.

The band, which had raised about $50,000 on its GoFundMe page before Mr. Hawkins’s appearance on Fox, took in more than $333,000 by Friday evening.

cont...

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/13/us/black-college-trump-inauguration.html?_r=0

• Like 6

4 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Innacurate lies? He literally admitted to sexually assaulting women.

Post it.

And you guys still elected him. If he wasn't rich, he would be in prison being sexually assaulted himself.

I helped elect him because he was a much better choice than Shrillary.

I saw the interview where he said that last night, it's from the early 90s or thereabouts. He stated 'I would just invade Iran and take over the oil. Let them have the rest of the country and we'll just take their oil'. 

Show the interview.

And I didn't derail the thread. I replied directly to someone's post, regarding the subject they posted about. That's, like, the opposite of derailling a thread.

You did derail it.  This was nothing about bashing Trump, it was about celebrating his inauguration.  So once again, stop lying.

• Like 2

Holy ****. It's like you guys watched a different election. 

We watched the one where he was elected over his opponent, because he was the better choice.  What do you think happened?

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Paranormal Panther said:

Nobel dynamited its reputation with that one. It was like the Academy Awards gave a best actor Oscar to a movie star before he even read his film's script.

It was made a joke when it was presented to Yassar Arafat.  Giving it to Obama meant nothing, as it already meant nothing by that time.

• Like 2

The numbers are coming in.

When Senator Barack Obama celebrated in the same place, the day before his inauguration, it was estimated that about 400,000 people were in attendance. Tonight MSNBC is estimating that the most unpopular and (un)democratically elected Trump has about 10,000 people. 

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2017/1/19/1622502/-INAUGURATION-FAIL-The-numbers-are-coming-in-and-Donald-Trump-has-an-unbelievably-small-crowd

Let us see if Trump does better tomorrow when compared to past presidents. Most likely there will be more protesters than supporters...would that be a first in history? Biggest presidential failure. Huge right? 1/40 for today.

hahahaha the Centurion's still hanging in there,, crack , bash , bang , bang crash BAM! 

that was a heeell of a gauntlet eh bud?

probably pretty noisy in that head gear,

must be some good darned Armor hahahahaha!

He's still standing!

YEY! he made it!  He's still alive folks.

tooooooo funny !

Alrighty now Thor the Man! eeeeeee *breaths a quick breath* way to take a couple for the team!

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH my cheeks are hurting , OMG ....this has to be the funniest place on Earth !

Edited by MWoo7

8 minutes ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

Let us see if Trump does better tomorrow when compared to past presidents. Most likely there will be more protesters than supporters...would that be a first in history? Biggest presidential failure. Huge right? 1/40 for today.

Keep in mind that Republicans didn't riot and set fires and assault Police Officers during  Pres. Obama's inauguration. 

And so far tonight I haven't heard any Democratic leaders asking their voters to act with dignity. 

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

That's quite disheartening to be honest. What people seem to forget is that the inauguration is not just about Trump — it's about the office of the presidency and the peaceful and orderly transfer of power. It's important, in my opinion, to be respectful of it. I will admit I am concerned about a Trump presidency, but I'm also concerned about the boycotts and protests scheduled for tomorrow. It's neither the time or the place for them.

• Like 7

• The topic was locked