Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump Inaguration

Sweetpumper

20 minutes ago, MWoo7 said:

hahahaha the Centurion's still hanging in there,, crack , bash , bang , bang crash BAM! 

that was a heeell of a gauntlet eh bud?

probably pretty noisy in that head gear,

must be some good darned Armor hahahahaha!

He's still standing!

YEY! he made it!  He's still alive folks.

tooooooo funny !

Alrighty now Thor the Man! eeeeeee *breaths a quick breath* way to take a couple for the team!

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH my cheeks are hurting , OMG ....this has to be the funniest place on Earth !

I'm getting a few good laughs out of this thread myself. It can get hilarious.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, simplybill said:

Keep in mind that Republicans didn't riot and set fires and assault Police Officers during  Pres. Obama's inauguration. 

And so far tonight I haven't heard any Democratic leaders asking their voters to act with dignity. 

I don't think some of them know how to take their diaper off, now Obama is gone. Time for them to grow up.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, South Alabam said:

I don't think some of them know how to take their diaper off, now Obama is gone. Time for them to grow up.

Time for ALL sides to grow up or we may as well erase the words Ladies and Gentlemen from the dictionary.

• Like 7

Thread cleaned.

Lilly has already issued one warning against ridicule. There is no cause for it to continue. Consider this:

• If you cannot handle criticism against the candidate for whom you voted, you probably shouldn't be posting in this section of UM in the first place. In the very least, take a step back and give yourself time to cool down.
  • This goes for both political parties. Remain civil and level headed. Trust me, resorting to ridicule merely makes you seem petty and immature. It doesn't help your case.
  • Ridicule is against UM rules, and all of you know this perfectly well. One warning is really more than enough.

So, please, knock it off. I won't hesitate to close this thread, nor will other Mods.

Edited by kmt_sesh
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

I'm a democrat.  I have been around the world, spent 4 years at war, have a great job, receive no government assistance, and support my family wonderfully.  But all you can do is generalize, right?  Well, you are from southern Alabama, so I am going to assume that you went to a crappy school, have no college education, work a job that put's you below the middle class, talk too slow to understand, and still believe in segregation.  See how that works?  I grew up a long time ago, and I don't expect ANY President to improve my life.  All of these people think they are going to wake up on Saturday with new President, and all of the sudden have wonderful jobs, a decent wage, and be better educated are in for a wake up call.  If you're life sucks today, I have a news flash for you...it's going to suck tomorrow, the next day, for the next four years, and for the rest of your life if you don't take it into your own hands to make it better.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

I'm a democrat.  I have been around the world, spent 4 years at war, have a great job, receive no government assistance, and support my family wonderfully.  But all you can do is generalize, right?  Well, you are from southern Alabama, so I am going to assume that you went to a crappy school, have no college education, work a job that put's you below the middle class, talk too slow to understand, and still believe in segregation.  See how that works?  I grew up a long time ago, and I don't expect ANY President to improve my life.  All of these people think they are going to wake up on Saturday with new President, and all of the sudden have wonderful jobs, a decent wage, and be better educated are in for a wake up call.  If you're life sucks today, I have a news flash for you...it's going to suck tomorrow, the next day, for the next four years, and for the rest of your life if you don't take it into your own hands to make it better.

No, but we'll free of a man who seems to have a love/hate relationship with our country and displays an active distrust, distaste and dislike for us. We still haven't forgotten that crack he made about us wanting to cling to our guns and our religion. Amen to both. Oh, and SA didn't generalize; he said: some of them.

• Like 8

I found a bright spot for today.

The volunteer efforts earned Bouvet an invite to an inaugural ball. But just weeks ago he was unsure he could pay for a proper suit and shoes to wear for the festivities. A friend stepped in and bought a suit and got the shoes donated.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/ct-donald-trump-inauguration-fans-20170119-story.html

Read the whole story with the link above. Hope this guy gets some more good breaks in life. Trump was cool. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Agent0range said:

To be fair he did say "some"....Not "all" or "you"...

But honestly i don't remember this kind of above and beyond hype these past 2 presidents have whipped up amongst the bases and believe it shows a sharply divided country that is growing farther and farther apart rather than uniting.

I remember the insanity of '08 Obama...Videos of full grown adults saying how they were going to have free houses,cars,weren't going to have to worry about paying bills no more :lol:...Yeah there has been some funny delusional Trump voters this time around aswell,but can anyone else remember elections like '08 and this one?

I'm old enough to remember '00-'04 Bush wasn't,'92-'96 Clinton wasn't,can't remember Bush1's election bid and runnup to office as i was only 4 lol but...

Anyone here old enough to remember anything like '08 and '16's projected hype by one side and overal divisiveness of 1 person taking office?

Hell historically maybe Lincoln?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Agent0range said:

As others in the thread pointed out, I did say "some" in reference to those rioting and setting fires, I quoted, and general continued anarchy towards the President elect. And I'm twice retired, one being military. I'm not saying all democrats are bad, nor all republicans good, I don't work that way, personally I could care less what party someone is, but when will this continued drama end?

• Like 8

1 minute ago, South Alabam said:

I'm not saying all democrats are bad, nor all republicans good, I don't work that way, personally I could care less what party someone is, but when will this continued drama end?

I'm the same way man :tu:

I've never gotten the whole self identifying part of myself with a political party...I go by Libertarian but even then Gary Johnson didn't really suit my way of thinking so instead of writing in Ron Paul for kicks,i used my vote to keep Hillary out!

I can go weeks,hell maybe even months on end during a non election year without ever speaking politics to anyone in my daily life!

Just never got the self identifying by party stuff...I'm a grown man and can think on my own,i don't need a party to help me out ;)

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

I've never gotten the whole self identifying part of myself with a political party...I go by Libertarian but even then Gary Johnson didn't really suit my way of thinking so instead of writing in Ron Paul for kicks,i used my vote to keep Hillary out!

I can go weeks,hell maybe even months on end during a non election year without ever speaking politics to anyone in my daily life!

Just never got the self identifying by party stuff...I'm a grown man and can think on my own,i don't need a party to help me out ;)

The whole problem is the two party system, in a sense. If one party passes something the other looks bad, so they fight and bicker all the time instead of getting things done. They need to do away with parties, and just run on their principles that appeal to voters.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

The whole problem is the two party system, in a sense. If one party passes something the other looks bad, so they fight and bicker all the time instead of getting things done. They need to do away with parties, and just run on their principles that appeal to voters.

Stop making sense. It upsets people.

• Like 4

Party Politics are a terrible way to run a democracy and the best one we can come up with.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Party Politics are a terrible way to run a democracy and the best one we can come up with.

We could probably come up with better,but the parties would vote it out of existance by assuring their millions it's a bad idea lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CrimsonKing said:

Yes thats the whole point of Libertarianism... being an individual abiding by the non aggression principle... except for self defense... in this case Cultural Marxism is out of control so voting for Trump was well apt.

• Like 3

President-elect Donald Trump will set a record with the amount of prayers during his inaugural ceremonies Friday.

Trump, who is starting the day at St. John’s Church for a service at 8:30 a.m., will have six religious prayers as part of the ceremony, three invocations and three benedictions.

That’s a record,

http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/politics-government/article127639099.html

Edited by Ellapennella
  • Like 1

Sometimes you just have to accept that other people don't see things the way you do. When Obama was elected I couldn't understand why people wanted a President who held principles that were extremely unlikely to economically help our country that was suffering a serious recession. I figured that perhaps he would help the country socially (heal the racial divide). However, the culture of far left political correctness achieved nothing of the sort. I never personally hated President Obama or wished him or his family any ill will. I absolutely never entertained the thought of refusing to accept that he was the duly elected POTUS. So, for 8 years I respectfully disagreed with a great many of the President's policies. Never once did I consider that anyone should riot or cause any type of social disorder.

Why am I talking about this?  Because this is how real 'grown ups' behave when something doesn't go their way...they don't riot, burn up stuff, scream obscene insults, attack law enforcement, etc. If anything like this happens today then perhaps we collectively (as a nation) need to re-think our views regarding what's acceptable behavior?

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Ellapennella said:

President-elect Donald Trump will set a record with the amount of prayers during his inaugural ceremonies...

Also, PE Trump will use a family Bible (given to him by his Mother) as well as the Lincoln Bible.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Sometimes you just have to accept that other people don't see things the way you do. When Obama was elected I couldn't understand why people wanted a President who held principles that were extremely unlikely to economically help our country that was suffering a serious recession. I figured that perhaps he would help the country socially (heal the racial divide). However, the culture of far left political correctness achieved nothing of the sort. I never personally hated President Obama or wished him or his family any ill will. I absolutely never entertained the thought of refusing to accept that he was the duly elected POTUS. So, for 8 years I respectfully disagreed with a great many of the President's policies. Never once did I consider that anyone should riot or cause any type of social disorder.

Why am I talking about this?  Because this is how real 'grown ups' behave when something doesn't go their way...they don't riot, burn up stuff, scream obscene insults, attack law enforcement, etc. If anything like this happens today then perhaps we collectively (as a nation) need to re-think our views regarding what's acceptable behavior?

The culture of the democratic party do not hold High Moral needed to be  great.

10 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Oh my , what about that youngster who was like I set that fire because I felt like it? yeah, last evening during a D.C protest.Who are raising these children like this are actually messed up people.

9 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Also, PE Trump will use a family Bible (given to him by his Mother) as well as the Lincoln Bible.

Oh yeah, that bible where he mentioned two Corinthians. That was cute,funny.

• The topic was locked