Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump Inaguration

Sweetpumper

Probably Thor.

re:

6 minutes ago, Thanato said:

Which God is protecting the United States? Is it Thor? I hope it's Thor.

Edited by MWoo7
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thorvir said:

Well, as much as I bash on Trump, that was a great and powerful speech.  Well done.

And he didn't refer to himself 40 times.

• Like 5

Does it matter which god is protecting the US?  It applies to all people of all faiths.

But, yeah, it's Thor.  Who else would it be?

10 minutes ago, Thanato said:

Well he has been called a king multiple times by people on the right of the political spectrum.

i wonder how long he is going to last. 

Mindless fear

Iv only ever seen people on the left call him a king 

• Like 5

Exactly.

RE:

3 minutes ago, Thorvir said:

Does it matter which god is protecting the US?  It applies to all people of all faiths.

But, yeah, it's Thor.  Who else would it be?

Edited by MWoo7

39 minutes ago, seeder said:

all those prayers and now the choir..... :lol:

Americans are so over the top....its a new President, not the birth of Christ 

Didn't you get the Christmas message from RNC chairman Reince Preibus?

Republican National Committee (RNC) Chairman Reince Priebus and Co-Chair Sharon Day released the following statement celebrating Christmas:

“Merry Christmas to all! Over two millennia ago, a new hope was born into the world, a Savior who would offer the promise of salvation to all mankind. Just as the three wise men did on that night, this Christmas heralds a time to celebrate the good news of a new King. We hope Americans celebrating Christmas today will enjoy a day of festivities and a renewed closeness with family and friends."

• Like 2

Obama was the messiah and Trump is only a king...

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Thanato said:

Well he has been called a king multiple times by people on the right of the political spectrum.

i wonder how long he is going to last. 

By who? When? I've never heard anyone say that.

• Like 2

Anyhow great speech, 0bama's face was classic when they shifted over to him. Classic.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Obama was the messiah and Trump is only a king...

Now that I've heard, even out of his VP's mouth.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, preacherman76 said:

By who? When? I've never heard anyone say that.

Just more made up BS.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, preacherman76 said:

Anyhow great speech, 0bama's face was classic when they shifted over to him. Classic.

Dammit, I missed that. I'm listening on radio. I can only imagine.

• Like 2

It's good to read this from Tom Hanks. He's a class act.

“This is the United States of America. We’ll go on. There’s great like-minded people out there who are Americans first and Republicans or Democrats second,” Hanks told The Hollywood Reporter.  "I hope the president-elect does such a great job that I vote for his re-election in four years."

Edited by simplybill
  • Like 8

13 minutes ago, bee said:

the singer of the national anthem hit the high high note....... :clap:

She appeared to be reading the words from a sheet of paper. I found that very disappointing.

She can't memorize it? :unsure:

Edited by .ZZ.
  • Like 4

The Reince Preibus Christmas message was over-the-top Evangelical language, yet did not refer to Trump as the new King. The "new King" is obviously (as explained post-message) referring to Jesus.

Bang on that, if you want, but don't be dishonest and claim he was calling Trump the "new king".

• Like 4

Just now, .ZZ. said:

She appeared to be reading the words from a sheet of paper. I found that very disappointing.

I think she was nervous and didn't want to risk messing it up ? - (I'm just guessing)

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Claire. said:

That's quite disheartening to be honest. What people seem to forget is that the inauguration is not just about Trump — it's about the office of the presidency and the peaceful and orderly transfer of power. It's important, in my opinion, to be respectful of it. I will admit I am concerned about a Trump presidency, but I'm also concerned about the boycotts and protests scheduled for tomorrow. It's neither the time or the place for them.

I agree completely Claire.  I'm afraid that the chasm between the Left and Right is becoming or maybe has become unbridgeable.  What a tragedy for our nation that it might fall into chaos or even dissolve due to the pettiness of politics from both sides.  People like to call me a doom and gloom type but I only say what I see from my experience.  I pray that I am as wrong about it as I was about DJT being elected.  In the coming days and weeks, the opposition and the party in power will show their integrity or lack thereof.  It seems to me that a sea-change has come to our political structures in that for the first time ever, we actually have an opposition that is openly calling citizens to "resist" the legitimate authority of our government.  I hope their resistance is channeled into working hard to mend their Party and work through the system we have for our differences.  This nation survives because the people have agreed to accept the outcome of elections.  As soon as that agreement is rejected, the nation cannot stand as it has been.  Something new will be born and I have no real confidence it will be better, or even as good.

• Like 4

Just now, bee said:

I think she was nervous and didn't want to risk messing it up ? - (I'm just guessing)

That is the same thing my wife said, indeed that must have been it. :)

This is a great day for our country.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

I thought the same thing :lol:

Meh was a nice showing all around anyway!

To our new president Cheers! B)

• Like 7

First inauguration I have ever watched and it was fantastic.  Melania looked great, loved the blue dress she had on.  She reminded me of Jackie Kennedy.

• Like 8

Just now, CrimsonKing said:

I thought the same thing :lol:

Meh was a nice showing all around anyway!

To our new president Cheers! B)

I've heard that he doesn't drink alcohol ...?....so let's raise our hot chocolates in a toast to the new president ... :D

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Ashotep said:

First inauguration I have ever watched and it was fantastic.

As much as I just wanted to go about my day, I ended up watching it.  And I'm glad I did.  I felt, and am feeling, very good at the moment.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

That is the same thing my wife said, indeed that must have been it. :)

This is a great day for our country.

Biggest audience she has ever had and including ex-presidents, half the country most likely watching, probably was nervous.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Sweetpumper said:

And he didn't refer to himself 40 times.

Intentional, because he knows this isn't just about him.  It's about this country.

• Like 8

• The topic was locked