Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump Inaguration

Sweetpumper

Here's Trump's speech with some quotes below...

- "Today's ceremony however, has very special meaning, because today, we're not merely transferring power from one administration to another, or form one party to another, but we are transferring power from Wahsington D.C. and giving it to you... THE PEOPLE" (Trump's emphasis)

- "For too long, a small group in our nation's capital has reaped the rewards of government while the people have borne the costs. Washington flourished, but the people did not share in it's wealth. Politicians prospered, but the jobs left and the factories closed. The Establishment protected itself, but not the citizens of our country..."

- "For many decades, we've enriched foreign industry at the expense of American industry, subsidized the armies of other countries while allowing for the very sad depletion of our military, we've defended other nation's borders while refusing to defend out own... and spent, trillions and trillions of dollars overseas while America's infastructure has fallen into disrepair and dekay. We've made other countries rich while the wealth, strentgh and confidence of our country has dissapated over the horizon..."

- "But that is the past and now we are only looking to the future..." (camera's cut to a non-clapping Obama who looks like he was just called out... because he was :tu: ... that was a total highlight for me :lol:)

- "We will reinforce old alliances, and form new ones and unite the civilized world against Radical Islamic Terrorism, which we eradictae completely from the face of the earth."

- "We will no longer accept politicians who are all talk and no action constantly complaining but never doing anything about it."

Excellent speech, and I especially LOVED the smack-down to the "small group" that "reaped the rewards" while the general public got shafted! :tu:

Like he said, time for action.

Let's see it.

• Like 8

President Donald Trump’s inaugural address made history in being the first to use a number of words, paramount among them “Islamic” when referring to the threat of international terrorist actors and his plan to eradicate radical Islamic terror groups.

“We will reinforce old alliances and form new ones and unite the civilized world against radical Islamic terrorism, which we will eradicate from the face of the Earth,”

http://www.breitbart.com/live/inauguration-2017-swearing-president-donald-trump/history-trump-becomes-first-president-use-words-islamic-urban-inaugural-address/

One of the best quotes of the speech.

• Like 4

Now there is an investigation of what was in the Tiffany box that Melania presented to the First Lady.

NYT Link

Edited by .ZZ.
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Thorvir said:

I do not think they would listen to her.  They're a bit beyond rational thought processes at this moment.  She's also not had any chances to speak anyway, so far.

It reminds me of Kristallnacht, the "Night of Broken Glass" in 1938 Germany. The authorities  stood by and watched.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kristallnacht

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Thorvir said:

I do not think they would listen to her.  They're a bit beyond rational thought processes at this moment.  She's also not had any chances to speak anyway, so far.

Flashing doubles would get some attention. Rest... Some speach (looong), some handwaving while singing (looong singing), and exhausted crowd will crawl back to their nests.

4 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

Now there is an investigation of what was in the Tiffany box that Melania presented to the First Lady.

NYT Link

Tiffany's ain't exactly 'Wally World'...bet it's something pretty darn nice.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

Other than the birth of my daughter, this is the best day of my life.

I wouldn't tell Mrs. .ZZ. that if you know what's good for you! ;)

• Like 4

Just now, LV-426 said:

I wouldn't tell Mrs. .ZZ. that if you know what's good for you! ;)

Absolutely...if you want to live to see tomorrow that is!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, aztek said:

not her doubles, lol,  

Well there goes lunch... :angry:

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

Other than my wedding and the birth of my daughter, this is the best day of my life.

There, fixed it for you. ;)

12 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

NYT Link

Some of the guesses are hilarious! My favorite:

Inside the blue Tiffany's box Melania handed Michelle is just a desperately scrawled note that says "Take me with you."

— Amy Dillon (@amydillon) Jan. 20, 2017
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, aztek said:

call me anything you want, i could not care less.

Wow, resident troll no sarcasm, understood.

• Like 1

He said exactly what needed to be said in that speech. Power back to the people. First three words of our constitution. WE THE PEOPLE.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

He said exactly what needed to be said in that speech. Power back to the people. First three words of our constitution. WE THE PEOPLE.

What needed to be said for whom?

2 hours ago, Sweetpumper said:

No, and sweet Jesus, someone find a pic or gif of it, please!

I watched the whole speech again and didn't see it again. I know I saw it though. It was from a PBS camera  

1 minute ago, Claire. said:

What needed to be said for whom?

What he DID say, for America.

Edited by Sweetpumper
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Sweetpumper said:

https://i.reddituploads.com/149975cfa9f548e58e203bf2455cb69a?fit=max&h=1536&w=1536&s=057972e10d5e7ce5b71bc58bc436be83

It's like Obama is thinking "I knew it." And Bush is like "damn." in reference to Trumps speech.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Claire. said:

White working class America.

Whatever lies you need to believe.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Claire. said:

you know we have blacks that work too,  dont be a  racist.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Claire. said:

All working class America. A large % who happen to be white, and did not deserve to be left behind to corporate interest at their expense. 

Are you saying our government shouldn't care about white people? An somehow WE got the racist label?

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

As if that'll happen. 

Its just new snouts at the trough.

• The topic was locked