Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump Inaguration

Sweetpumper

4 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

I'm not sure if by "greasy" you mean a possible conflict of interest?

Exactly.

Don the Con's conflicts of interest might lead to his impeachment.

Here’s how Trump may have already set up his impeachment

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/trump-set-impeachment-article-1.2950501

The campaign to impeach President Trump has begun

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/01/20/the-campaign-to-impeach-president-trump-has-begun/?utm_term=.6381679eb511

He might be a national security threat. Maybe a more traditional Pence would be the better choice for our country regardless of his hard line.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

Don the Con's conflicts of interest might lead to his impeachment.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/trump-set-impeachment-article-1.2950501

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/01/20/the-campaign-to-impeach-president-trump-has-begun/?utm_term=.6381679eb511

He might be a national security threat. Maybe a more traditional Pence would be the better choice for our country regardless of his hard line.

The Democrats may be reluctant to go down that path because of the Clinton Foundation, which now appears to be imploding, giving it the appearance of having been a "pay for play" scheme. 

If the Democrats decide to throw Bill and Hillary under the bus, then yes, there might be a chance the Democrats will push a little harder for President Trump's tax records.

4 minutes ago, simplybill said:

The Democrats may be reluctant to go down that path because of the Clinton Foundation, which now appears to be imploding, giving it the appearance of having been a "pay for play" scheme. 

If the Democrats decide to throw Bill and Hillary under the bus, then yes, there might be a chance the Democrats will push a little harder for President Trump's tax records.

It might very well be that Republicans of both houses would favor Pence over Trump.

A Trump impeachment would be bipartisan in the end.

Edited by Avatar Samantha Ai

7 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

With the media openly contemplating Trumps death at the ceremony, maybe some folks were not willing to risk their own safety

7 hours ago, Michelle said:

Obama was the first black president so that is to be expected. Lots of people didn't show up today because of all of the threats of violence.

Now I know you're both smarter than that. Some people might not have come for those reasons but over 1.5 million? No.

Quite possibly it could be the simple reality that about 3 million fewer people voted for Trump than voted for Obama in 2008.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thorvir said:

By all means, beg then.  You have that right.  But it won't change reality.  There's nothing rational about the Trump hatred going on at this moment.

Back to the inauguration, and speaking of irrational hatred and lies, did anyone see the parade and the group of protesters with all of their signs ranging from "She Won" to "Illegitimate" to "Build a Wall Around Trump"?  And the Trump face with swastikas for eyes and mouth? "Racist in chief"?  I know there are some irrational haters on this site, but that crowd of protesters had to be made up of some of the dumbest and most uninformed people out there.

My favorite was the one that said "Your skin looks terrible"....wth?...lol! Real Einstein there, eh?!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Michelle said:

I'm flipping news channels and one of the talking heads said it on CNN, NBC or CBS during their pointless chatter. I don't care enough to look for it for you. If you want to go on a tirade about me being wrong or lying go ahead. Don't expect me to respond.

Probably CNN. I saw it too and I was switching between Fox and CNN.

• Like 2

Last June, when he announced his candidacy for the Republican party, I quipped something to the effect of, "Dear U.S.A. - If you elect that man as your president, we can no longer be friends. Bff's forever, Canada."

I'm still wiping that egg off my face. I never thought that he had a chance, and I was wrong.

While I will carry a strong personal distaste for the man, by your chosen political system, he won the election.

For the sake of your nation and the rest of the world, I hope that he does such a fantastic job, that he'll be elected to a second term.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

It might very well be that Republicans of both houses would favor Pence over Trump.

A Trump impeachment would be bipartisan in the end.

That's definitely a possibility. I'm going to guess that his suitability for his new position as President will show itself in the next six weeks or so.

Domestically he has an advantage, in that his opponents in Hollywood and the people rioting in the streets are giving him a perfect opportunity to endear himself to voters on both sides, simply by taking the high ground. Most people want to live in peace. If he works his advantage and responds as a peacemaker, he'll score a lot of points. I'm not sure he can make that transition, but I believe everyone on his team will be willing to point him in the right direction.

Internationally, his response to his first test from ISIS may garner some respect from the Middle East players. 

It's a big chess game, and it'll be fun to watch.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bama13 said:

As compared to the Coronation of a new King or Queen of England? Or a Royal wedding?

which are very rare occurrences.....the last time a Queen was crowned was in 1952, the last time a royal wedding was held was 1981. Some royals are married and its NOT a big deal.... youre basing your statement on Charles and Diana. But you forget when Charles married again it was barely heard of...or cared about

Everyone in the world knew about his marriage to Diana..... but who remembers the second wedding? Or the name of the woman he married?

2 minutes ago, seeder said:

Everyone in the world knew about his marriage to Diana..... but who remembers the second wedding? Or the name of the woman he married?

Camilla Parker-Bowles (sp?) then again, I'm Canadian.

• Like 2

William and Kate's wedding was a pretty big shin-dig!

Okay....lovin' Melania's gown. Ivanka's is beautiful as well!

1 minute ago, Likely Guy said:

Camilla Parker-Bowles (sp?) then again, I'm Canadian.

hehe...Of course I should have thought of that.  My post that was quoted was way back on page 9 or 10....Ive only just got back to reading and catching up. What Id originally criticized, tho in good nature....was all the prayers and songs and pomp the Americans display at the inauguration.,... then a poster bought up that bit about the UK crowning a king or queen or a royal wedding, to which I pointed out....true.....but they are RARE occurrences..... not every 4 years

• Like 1

While we're at it, can I buy a vowel for the thread title?

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Setton said:

Now I know you're both smarter than that. Some people might not have come for those reasons but over 1.5 million? No.

Quite possibly it could be the simple reality that about 3 million fewer people voted for Trump than voted for Obama in 2008.

C2o_Ml3c_XAAE1r30.jpg

I think the 2017 picture was taken as people were still arriving, according to word on Facebook.

Edited by simplybill
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, skliss said:

My favorite was the one that said "Your skin looks terrible"....wth?...lol! Real Einstein there, eh?!

I saw that one too.  Idiots.  His skin is dreamy....:wacko:

As stupid as that sign was, it was one of the only accurate ones they held up.

Edited by Thorvir

The Trump pic was taken before they started filling up the mall. Watched all day and saw how filled it was when they got to the actual swearing in. I call disingenuous on those two pics.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Setton said:

Come on...he was the first black president. of course the place is going to fill up. Trump also didn't have "philanthropists" providing free or practically free transportation from all four corners of the US. Charter buses were charging ten dollars each from here and I know lots of people that went. Everyone bent over backwards to get as many people there as possible. This time everyone said you couldn't pay them enough to risk such a dangerous situation. People have been going nuts ever since he was elected.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_inauguration_of_Barack_Obama#Crowds_and_general_ticket_holders

11 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

They were all paid! :ph34r:

Close...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, skliss said:

The Trump pic was taken before they started filling up the mall. Watched all day and saw how filled it was when they got to the actual swearing in. I call disingenuous on those two pics.

Yep. Watched it too. Those pictures were around the 8-9 am mark. 

Apparently avatar ai is our very own fake news here.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

They were all paid! :ph34r:

Maybe the terrorists won and people were really scared to go?

8 minutes ago, simplybill said:

I think the 2017 picture was taken as people were still arriving, according to word on Facebook.

6 minutes ago, skliss said:

OK show us tbe proof and no cheating off Obama like Trump:

Screenshot_2017_01_20_20_51_38.png

• The topic was locked