Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump Inaguration

Sweetpumper

1 hour ago, Likely Guy said:

Last June, when he announced his candidacy for the Republican party, I quipped something to the effect of, "Dear U.S.A. - If you elect that man as your president, we can no longer be friends. Bff's forever, Canada."

I'm still wiping that egg off my face. I never thought that he had a chance, and I was wrong.

While I will carry a strong personal distaste for the man, by your chosen political system, he won the election.

For the sake of your nation and the rest of the world, I hope that he does such a fantastic job, that he'll be elected to a second term.

I honestly laughed him off as just seeking publicity and never thought he had a snowballs chance in hell...

A few days back they showed countless news personalities (progressive and conservative),hollywood stars,and even regular people on the streets and all shared about the same opinion lol

Gotta give it to the guy he played it the way he had to and hit Hillary with a knockout shot at the "blue wall"...

Tips my hat at likely,i'm hoping he does great aswell :tu:

• Like 3

I love these adorable deplorables.

On the bus, in the morning darkness, Steph and Brandi put on their makeup, using a phone as a mirror.

Stephanie Friess and Brandi Tillman have been friends since high school, and now they were on their way from Wilmington, Delaware, to Washington to celebrate the man who had given them a brand new country.

On election night, Steph stayed up past 3am to see Trump’s victory being announced. The next morning, remembering the night before while driving her car, the 24-year-old felt jubilant to be living in Trump’s America.

The two women made matching Trump caps – blue and black – decorated with sequins and the slogan “Adorable Deplorable” in honor of the inauguration. Hillary Clinton had tried to attack Trump for lifting up the most “deplorable” among his followers: “the racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic – you name it”. Trump’s followers had proudly reclaimed the term, and now Brandi and Steph bedazzled it.

cont...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jan/20/donald-trump-supporters-inauguration-interview

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

Show us the proof and no cheating off Obama like Trump

Avatar - The Democrat Party just got blown out of the water. With all due respect, I'm not concerned about a tiny little picture.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, simplybill said:

Avatar - The Democrat Party just got blown out of the water. With all due respect, I'm not concerned about a tiny little picture.

That is fine. Go ahead and believe what you read on Facebook.

• Like 1

Believe what you read in Facebook? The dems got blown out of the water in the real life world.

• Like 6

There Are Five Times More Buses Coming For The Women's March Than Inauguration

In addition to attracting star power with significantly higher wattage, the Women's March on Washington appears poised to dwarf Donald Trump's inauguration in terms of sheer numbers, too. There are nearly five times more buses registered to park on Saturday than Friday.

A month ago, city officials said they were expecting around 1,500 buses. But as of Tuesday, just 435 charter buses have permits to park on Friday, about half of them in the sea of asphalt around RFK Stadium and the other half in lots and spaces around the city, according to the District's Department of Transportation. At least a dozen of them are coming to shuttle people to protests organized by DisruptJ20, the ANSWER Coalition, and other groups.

Meanwhile, on Saturday, there a total of 2,066 buses registered to bring rally-goers for the Women's March on Washington, according to figures collected by DDOT. EventsDC, which is handling permits at RFK for the day, said they filled all 1,200 spots available at the stadium by last Tuesday. WMATA, U Street Parking, and other private companies are also providing parking elsewhere in and around the city.

http://dcist.com/2017/01/there_are_five_times_more_buses_com.php

The true voice of America speaks.

Edited by Avatar Samantha Ai
  • Like 1

b8uwbr.jpg

As I thought...

The New York City chapter of the Women’s March on Washington knows that not everyone can make it to D.C. easily for the January 21 event — particularly those of us who rely on public transportation. Thankfully, to make our lives a bit easier, the march has organized a “massive fleet of buses” to transport New Yorkers to the event.

http://nymag.com/thecut/2016/12/how-to-get-to-d-c-for-womens-march-on-washington.html

You can probably find examples of this all over the US.

• Like 2

On 1/20/2017 at 4:24 AM, RabidMongoose said:

I work in an office where everyone is strongly anti-Trump to the point they see his supporters as nutters.

Needless  to say when its dress down day next week I will be wearing an appropriate pro-Trump t-shirt lol.

Good for you and continue to be seen as nutters by everyone else in your office.  It doesn't sound like a good working environment for you, and it sounds you are making it worse, which would go along with the nutters theme you set.

Time will tell if Trump turns out the disaster he appears, and/or if the American system can prevent disaster.  Maybe all is as planned, or maybe a mule has entered politics (Asimov reference intended).  And, then, maybe the plan is for Trump to have his four years, his type of politics to be completely discredited, and the Republican party to disappear.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Michelle said:

As I thought...

The New York City chapter of the Women’s March on Washington knows that not everyone can make it to D.C. easily for the January 21 event — particularly those of us who rely on public transportation. Thankfully, to make our lives a bit easier, the march has organized a “massive fleet of buses” to transport New Yorkers to the event.

http://nymag.com/thecut/2016/12/how-to-get-to-d-c-for-womens-march-on-washington.html

You can probably find examples of this all over the US.

Plus it's on a Saturday which makes it a bit easier for the handful of 9-5 er's who actually work through the week instead of crowding streets throughout an entire friday...

Seriously who tf has a job that won't mind at all if you don't show up several days in a row to throw rocks and bottles?...

Every boss i have EVER had would say "YOUR FIRED!" :lol:

Looks like many are blameing the wrong guy for all their free time to be bitter over,why not blame the guy who just finished up 8 years? ;)

• Like 1

The transfer of power went rather more smoothly than in many other countries, and the transition was from one edge to the other.    I feel pretty good about that. 

We all have differences about this and maybe some commonality:  When do you think was America great?  What do you think made it great?  If we have any hope of working together, it would be good to know what your thoughts are about what President Trump will do.

• Like 3

Just now, Tatetopa said:

The transfer of power went rather more smoothly than in many other countries, and the transition was from one edge to the other.    I feel pretty good about that. 

As Trump stressed, we all may have our differences, but regardless of color and gender, we're all Americans (we as in the citizens of the US).  That's what's supposed to most important.  Some have obviously forgotten that, and prefer the lazy coward's way, but in general, we all are one people and should work together.

Just now, Tatetopa said:

We all have differences about this and maybe some commonality:  When do you think was America great?  What do you think made it great?  If we have any hope of working together, it would be good to know what your thoughts are about what President Trump will do.

America is great when great adversity brings us together the closest--there is a lot of adversity to overcome at this time.  America was made great by our love of freedom and our desire to create a better life for ourselves.  Hard work and honesty, caring for each other and a general sense of pride in who we are are what keeps us going.  What will Trump do?  No one knows, but we can only hope he does what's best for this country.  If his inauguration speech is any indication of what's going to happen, then the next four years are going to be great for this country.

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, coolguy said:

What a great day, hillary looked like she was druged up hahahah 

I honestly think she put on a great face, considering she, her desires, her career and her legacy were just destroyed.  Obama looked good too, aside from a few moments here and there where is consternation got the best of him.  Bush looked like he was having a great time.  Carter look confused...but he's been confused since the late 70's, so I'll excuse that.

"Let us neither express, nor cherish, any harsh feeling towards any citizen who, by his vote, has differed with us. Let us at all times remember that all American citizens are brothers of a common country, and should dwell together in the bonds of fraternal feeling." - Abraham Lincoln

• Like 7

1 minute ago, simplybill said:

"Let us neither express, nor cherish, any harsh feeling towards any citizen who, by his vote, has differed with us. Let us at all times remember that all American citizens are brothers of a common country, and should dwell together in the bonds of fraternal feeling." - Abraham Lincoln

Nice quote but at the way we are split and the anger and hatred between those with party affiliations...we are creeping closer to a 2nd civil war!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, simplybill said:

Seeing as Trump's cabinet has a higher net worth than 1/3 of Americans, I don't see how the majority of the country is not completely ******. We're all in this together. 

That is not a cabinet that has the average Joe's interests at heart. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChaosRose said:

Seeing as Trump's cabinet has a higher net worth than 1/3 of Americans, I don't see how the majority of the country is not completely ******. We're all in this together. 

Yes and Obamas cabinet and all his hollywood pals were/are paupers looking for a few crumbs of bread... :rolleyes:

None of the 2 parties last few selections have had the average joe's interest at heart!!!

Hillary lost because she wouldn't speak to the "flyover" states and had the hollywood elites acting as her mouthpieces!

Trump did speak to those "nobodies" and HE spoke and spoke and spoke to them...He didn't have multi millionares speak in his place about how "We" are all being oppressed and hated on if so and so isn't picked!

The left ran a delusional campaign and paid for it,blame your party because if they would have ran Biden they would have won! ;)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Yes and Obamas cabinet and all his hollywood pals were/are paupers looking for a few crumbs of bread... :rolleyes:

None of the 2 parties last few selections have had the average joe's interest at heart!!!

Hillary lost because she wouldn't speak to the "flyover" states and had the hollywood elites acting as her mouthpieces!

Trump did speak to those "nobodies" and HE spoke and spoke and spoke to them...He didn't have multi millionares speak in his place about how "We" are all being oppressed and hated on if so and so isn't picked!

The left ran a delusional campaign and paid for it,blame your party because if they would have ran Biden they would have won! ;)

I don't think Obama was perfect, and I wanted Bernie. That said, we have what we have. And it probably won't take people long to figure out that they've been duped. At that point, they'll quit saying neener neener, we won!

LOL

Whether all of us realize it or not, we really are all in this together.

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

I don't think Obama was perfect, and I wanted Bernie. That said, we have what we have. And it probably won't take people long to figure out that they've been duped. At that point, they'll quit saying neener neener, we won!

LOL

Whether all of us realize it or not, we really are all in this together.

Meh i'm not saying neener neener,wasn't my first choice but i would have voted for my dog buster (he's the dumb one :lol:)before hillary lol

I honestly 100% believe Biden would have won,he seems to be blessed with "dumb luck" so to speak...He has said a lotta dumb s*** over the last 8 years but i vaguely remember any of it and none of it truely angered me as a citizen lol

Hillary...well...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Meh i'm not saying neener neener,wasn't my first choice but i would have voted for my dog buster (he's the dumb one :lol:)before hillary lol

I honestly 100% believe Biden would have won,he seems to be blessed with "dumb luck" so to speak...He has said a lotta dumb s*** over the last 8 years but i vaguely remember any of it and none of it truely angered me as a citizen lol

Hillary...well...

You know, your dog Buster might have made a better president than any of the choices we had. 

Dogs are the best people I know.

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Speaking as a Union member, my biggest concern is bringing back the manufacturing jobs that pay high enough wages for a family to live well. I've been fortunate to have worked for some very successful companies, and the owners of those companies were all very wealthy. It takes business-savvy people with money to run a company that makes people like me comfortably prosperous. So far, Pres. Trump has chosen hard-working, successful people that appear to prefer personal achievement rather than personal power. 

Believe me, I'm very apprehensive about the next four years. I'm not expecting Pres. Trump to be a merely mediocre President. I think he will either spectacularly succeed, or spectacularly fail. That's what scares me.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, simplybill said:

Speaking as a Union member, my biggest concern is bringing back the manufacturing jobs that pay high enough wages for a family to live well. I've been fortunate to have worked for some very successful companies, and the owners of those companies were all very wealthy. It takes business-savvy people with money to run a company that makes people like me comfortably prosperous. So far, Pres. Trump has chosen hard-working, successful people that appear to prefer personal achievement rather than personal power. 

Believe me, I'm very apprehensive about the next four years. I'm not expecting Pres. Trump to be a merely mediocre President. I think he will either spectacularly succeed, or spectacularly fail. That's what scares me.

We'll see. I really hope I'm wrong. For America's sake, I really do. I don't want to be right about this. It's not like I won't be ****** along with most of America if I'm right. So if I "win," I lose. This is not something I wanna "win" at.

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

You know, your dog Buster might have made a better president than any of the choices we had. 

Dogs are the best people I know.

I'm the same lol :tu:

But Buster is really dumb,sweet but dumb... :lol:

He's potty trained but refuses to learn anything else!

I take no blame for it,he was supposed to be my gf's dog (1/2 Pug 1/2 Chimaniac lol) but he thinks he is mine...My Rotty to this day doesn't know what to make of him haha

Edited by CrimsonKing
  • Like 1

• The topic was locked