Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Protesting for what?

Baz Dane

16 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

And your opinion of Clinton would have been?

The same 

RG0BS1U.gif?noredirect

3 hours ago, Lemieux said:

All these anti-Trump and "I'm With Her" protesters are brainwashed IMO.

How is it... WITH EVIDENCE PLEASE... that Trump is SOOOO evil and it will be the "end of the world" and blah blah blah???

For far TOO LONG it's been the same ruling class with the same agenda, and that agenda has NOT been very good at all for the average person now has it.

Decade after decade we keep sliding, with increasing poverty, a disappearing middle-class, infrastructure falling apart and so on.

Jesus Murphy, under Obama, the U.S. debt just about DOUBLED to almost $20 TRILLION, from the $10 TRILLION left by Bush. :huh:

At his Inaugural speech Trump stated...

- "For too long, a small group in our nation's capital has reaped the rewards of government while the people have borne the costs. Washington flourished, but the people did not share in it's wealth. Politicians prospered, but the jobs left and the factories closed. The Establishment protected itself, but not the citizens of our country [...] For many decades, we've enriched foreign industry at the expense of American industry, subsidized the armies of other countries while allowing for the very sad depletion of our military, we've defended other nation's borders while refusing to defend out own... and spent, trillions and trillions of dollars overseas while America's infastructure has fallen into disrepair and decay. We've made other countries rich while the wealth, strength and confidence of our country has dissipated over the horizon."

And the protesters are booing him(see Michael Moore below)

But when Elizabeth Warren says essentially the same thing...

- "America's families have taken one punch after another. Decades of trickle down economics and attacks on unions, attacks on wages, attacks on pensions, attacks on healthcare, attacks on social security(said almost crying), attacks on education, attacks on infrastructure, and financial regulations have gutted America's middle class. A broken criminal Justice system, a broken voting rights system, and decades of systematic racism have kept people of color from having the same opportunities as other Americans throughout this country."

...all the brainwashed people cheer away like the Walking Brain-Dead, programmed zombies, that they are.

Warren goes on to say how things will get so much worse under Trump etc of course. :rolleyes:

So when Elizabeth Warren says the truth about the governing of the last few decades, the sheeple are programmed to automatically shout...

- "Yaaaay!!!... Goodie!!!" clap clap clap :clap:

When Trump says the same truth it's...

- "Boo!... Down with Trump!!!... It's all Trump's fault!"

I call that programed :yes:

Here's that idiot, Michael Moore, showing just how much of a moron he is...

- "I woke up this morning. Picked up the Washington Post, and the headline read: 'Trump Takes Power' ... I don't think so!" ... Ummm, yes he did. Moron.

- "'New President vows to end America's carnage'. Mr Trump, we are here to vow to end the 'Trump carnage'"

What "Trump carnage"??? ... You dolt. :rolleyes:

It's Trump's fault that the elite in the U.S. keep getting substantially richer while the middle class is disappearing at an alarming rate?

If the elite had their way, it would have been yet ANOTHER Clinton or Bush in the White House right now... CONTINUING on a 30+ year tradition.

WHO's been in control of America's finances(look at the debt!!!)... or perhaps Foreign Policy... or perhaps the Judicial System... or maybe Race Relations... and so on, for the last 3+ decades???

"Trump Carnage" eh?... Idiot.

The guy is so stupid that he rips up the Washington Post in his child-like tantrum because why? Because they told the truth?(a hit-and miss-with them now to be honest), but still, I'd LOVE to see the faces of the big-wigs at the Post seeing Moore tear up their newspaper on the podium.

"but!... But!!... BUT!!!... We're on your side!" :lol:

Here's Hitlery with King Salman bin Abdul-Aziz Al Saud in April 2012... Back then Salman was Prince Salman, Saudi Arabian Defense Minister...

- "We consider the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia a close and strategic partner blah blah blah..." - Clinton

- "Our two countries are friendly countries that share common interests blah blah blah..." - Salman

What a crock!

THIS is what all the anti-Trump protesters want??? MORE of THIS crookedness?

What "common interests" do the U.S. and Saudi Arabia have???

Sure, CLINTONS, OBAMAS, BUSH's, Cheney's etc have common interests, but how about the average Joe who slugs it out at a factory all day long in Iowa???

That's who makes up America, NOT these rich elitist b*******.

That's a perfect example of what BOTH Trump AND Warren are talking about.

Saudi Arabia... Those CHAMPIONS of LGBTQ-Rights ... the face of the modern woman, oops, ummm ... Champions of Womens-Rights... Wait...  Well, they have mass Public beheadings anyways, so considering Meryl Sheep denounced Football in her lies about Trump(yes, what she said was another LIE if you take the time to research it), I'm guessing the sport of Beheadings is probably one of the "Arts" in her view as a Hillary supporter.

Sorry to burst the uninformed's little bubble, but Saudi Arabia is NOT our "close partner" and we in the West(not just the U.S.) do NOT share common interests with them.

Only the elite do... You know, that certain 1% of the population that ALWAYS seems to be in power... Kinda like who Trump and Warren were talking about.

Here's an example of just HOW the "common interests" work...

Saudi Arabia gives the Clintons more than $25 million... The U.S., through the State Department, loads Saudi Arabia up on weapons... a lot of those weapons eventually end up with ISIS, Al Nusra, etc

Al Qaeda, ISIS... For 15+ years now we have been fighting the "War On Terror" and how is that going???

I'll tell you how it's going, in case you're too busy with coloring books, Play Doe, or smashing store-front windows and setting cars and garbage cans on fire... WE'RE LOSING.

We're FAR worse off than we were 15 years ago when Dubya announced the "War On Terror" and then decided to invade Iraq based on lies.

And how much has that cost America? How much does it STILL cost??? What's the cost to the entire World on that one???

Cheney's, Rumsfeld's, Bush's, Clinton's and Obama's buddies in the defense-contract, oil and other industrues, made a killing though didn't they??? Literally.

THAT is the legacy that these brainwashed protesters want to keep alive and follow???

The world is angry, and rightfully so, but these rich elitist b******* that have controlled the U.S. for decades now, have, as Trump correctly stated, "reaped the rewards of government while the people have borne the costs".

And now they're using all their shady tactics along with their loyal lapdogs in the MSM, and Hollywood, to direct that anger of the brainwashed and completely uninformed masses, into believing that everything is Trump's fault.

Sooooooo, what?... The protesters are fighting to preserve the same-ol' same-ol' way of things that leads to perpetual war, death and poverty?... not too mention the current near Police-State of things, and who do you suppose brought us all to this point in time???

Must be Trump's fault... or the Russians.

Such a sad state of affairs :no: 

Im just shocked people believe what this narcissist, golden spoon fed certified liar has to say.. And when he states something that doesnt fit the supposed 'saviour profile', like the bigotted nonsense he verbalised on numerous occasions, it is met with "oh you shouldnt take that too serious, he wont follow up on it." ..Shocked that people actually believe the 'outsider', 'anti establishment' position he marketed himself with, while this man has been an integral part of said establishment his whole life.. dealt with the establishment, including but not limited to THE CLINTONS (he didnt leave a chance unused to verbalise his admiration of those two criminals).

64a0aa1891930d768f5138d7203e6740.jpg

Does that breathe anti establishment to you in any shape or form.. does that seem like the home of a People's Champion to you? Does the level of Wallstreet, Goldman Sachs laced envoys Trump seeded his administration with scream anti establishment to you people?

When such an inherently egotistical, deceitful, champion of self enrichment promises the usual 'Im going to make it all better again' BS we've heard all but everytime we 'elected' a 'commander in chief', while voicing racist and generally bigotted rhetoric - fuelling fear of minorities for the masses, setting them aside as scapegoats.. certain people tend to poke through the grand ethical promises layed down. I am one of those people. I am also one of the people who thinks it really doesnt matter which product of the slanted system you call democracy is voted into office. Because at the end of the day, if The People want to take the power back, The People need to get off their combined arses and take it back. Peacefully. No product of the present oligarchy, Trump included, will do that for us. But because it is somuch easier to vest your hope in yet another 'hero', because it is somuch harder to actually get yourselves out there, risking your security / personal life, we keep trying thesame thing over and over again expecting.. hoping for a different result. Which will not come as long as we keep traversing thesame path. Lets just see how much of the bolded speech you quoted, where he claims to take it all back from the establishment and give it back to The  People, has come to fruition after 4 years. I do hope you people are somehow, against all odds, correct. I think that chance is all but negligable personally, and I think the chance things will only get worse excessively more plausible.

I expect the American population to further divide based on Trump's policy (if he even remotely follows up on his promises like those against immigrants / Mexicans, Muslims), I expect his economic plans to consolidate the disbalance in wealth distribution (trickle down economics on steroids), and I expect isolationalist unilateral and agressive foreign politics that will destabilize global politics. This is not to say however, I am a supporter of the Clinton woman (I dislike her with a passion), which is a standard reply from the usual Trump supporter after voicing concerns against the man.

I think he is a caricature of a president, and I think the American People, which I love, are becoming a caricature of themselves. The USA was once the home of dangerous, intelligent, independent / free men. It is now the home of easily scared, ignorant, self centred consumers - being hoodwinked every four years cheering on those who would subsequently rob and deceive them. Only to repeat the process the next time around. Its like watching a WWF wrestlemania show with an utterly obvious script, cheered on by mindless emotional yahoo's. The only difference is the WWF crowd knows how much it payed for the sharade. You people, not so much. Guess well see at the end of the four years how steep the tab is, and I guess well just vote in the next moron to 'save us', 'Make America Great Again™'

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

In other words it's just sort of vague "we;re angry about all sorts of things really."

Well I couldn't really say. I guess it's possible that some might be angry about certain issues.

2 hours ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Tell them what, why don't they protest in, for example, Saudi Arabia? 

According to this - they already do have women marching in Saudi Arabia.

Activists will march in Saudi Arabia, Iraq, South Korea, Colombia, Iceland and elsewhere. There are well over 2 million people predicted to participate.

It's a global march about many issues concerning women, and is taking place in 75 countries.

But not all sister marches are anti-Trump — not even the DC demonstration makes mention of the president in its stated principles. For many, this is a fitting platform to speak up for specific issues affecting women in their communities. In South America, many people are marching against violence against women. In Antarctica and Australia, the environment is a major focus.

In Nigeria, the Women's March will make its way to the House of Assembly in downtown Jos, where the nation's laws are voted on, to demand the passage of a controversial gender equality law. The bill, which aims to eliminate all forms of gender related discrimination, provide girls with access to education, provide protections against sexual abuse and the "right to freedom," has already been voted down twice due to religious and cultural differences.

https://www.pri.org/stories/2017-01-20/womens-march-washington-will-have-sister-marches-over-75-countries

• Like 5

The protesting should have happened 12mths ago ...... and the protest should have been: "We're not going to vote until you give us someone worth voting for".

@Phaeton80: brilliant post!   :nw:

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

The protesting should have happened 12mths ago ...... and the protest should have been: "We're not going to vote until you give us someone worth voting for".

@Phaeton80: brilliant post!   :nw:

Xactly. Trump got voted in because... Clinton. This fact alone should make people start to realize something is very wrong with their 'democratic process'. Which is all but democratic. While the present system remains, the status quo (being a government not by The People, nor for The People) remains.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Astra. said:

Bolded; Well other nations have joined in support of their US 'sisters'. Basically it's a global woman's march movement...not only against Donald Trump who wants to ban abortion and also oppose same-sex-marriages....but it's also about other social issues concerning women as well.

You nailed it, Astra.  It isn't just Trump, women have been given the short end of the stick worldwide for a long time.  From women in Muslim countries who aren't allowed to drive or are forced to wear burkas or Asian women forced into marriage, to underpaid women in the States who have to work 2 jobs to care for their children. 

• Like 5

yes it looks like Trump is being made into the scapegoat and demonized - because he won the election and Clinton lost -

for good or bad it came down to the choice between the two candidates -

Clinton would have had an easier ride because she was the choice of the political elite -

so if people are really protesting because of dissatisfaction in general with the 'system' it would be nice
if they realized this and stopped making it so nasty and personal against the man who against all the odds
became president -

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Whoa...I think Trump has horrible taste in home décor.

Sorry, Lilly, but I'm going to have to disagree with you there. That is one big a**/oddly shaped/high ceilinged room he had to deal with! If a room is that big I think it can 'carry' chandeliers, candelabras and lots of squiggly gold bits and mirrors ............ and ceiling artwork. Look at the shape and size of that carpet!!! That had to be specially made for the room ...... how much did it cost? :o   

2 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

...... how much did it cost? :o   

I didn't say it wasn't expensive...just that I think it's totally gaudy and over the top. I don't particularly care for home décor that look like a rip off of the Russian Amber room!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Whoa...I think Trump has horrible taste in home décor. Yeah, the guy's a billionaire with poor taste alright. And, Trump did indeed say that mega-rich men can often have their way with women (even grab them by their...err..'kittens'). And, he did indeed denounce some Mexicans who were criminals and drug runners. He also doesn't like some Muslims either because we have no way of knowing if they are of the Radical Extremist variety. I can't see where he says he doesn't like Jews and African Americans though...guess I missed that bit. All this is kind of confusing because his daughter is married to a Jew (BTW, how does that work?). Oh, and Trump does indeed run his mouth a great deal (he's not a professional politician).

Of course, all the other rich politicians don't do anything objectionable, right? And of course that George Soros fellow (who's richer than Trump BTW) is a really wonderful guy who cares so much about America and it's people, right?

To be serious now...Trump is a rich narcissistic man who is POed because he sees 'his country' being decimated by globalism and special interests. The rich are getting richer, the middle class is shrinking, and the working class and poor...well, pretty soon everyone (other than the uber-rich) will be working class or poor. Trump's ego is bruised because he sees other countries taking advantage of us and profiting from globalism and a profound lack of 'giving a crap' about our nation as a whole. I'm not so foolish as to think Trump's a 'great guy' and certainly not some kind of 'savior', but he does present some economic policies and national interest policies that make far more sense than what we've been living with here lately. I'm for giving another path a chance, if President Trump messes up then I'll be on him fast and hard but we need to give the man a chance.

For years, Trump was a "special interest". How else does someone file bankruptcy 4 times and not lose everything? Maybe because the laws were written to help people like him stay on top. The man is a phony and that will be borne out in the next 4 years.

• Like 2

I showed my face at the local march yesterday. 

People are there for different reasons. I was there for everyone, because I believe everyone will be equally ****** by the current administration. If you're not in the small number of millionaires and billionaires who will benefit from the moves they are making, you're in it with the rest of us.

Millions of people will lose their health care and people could die.

They're going to cut Medicare, mess with Social Security, cut aid to the poor...and people could die. 

They're going to privatize the VA when our veterans need specialized care...and people could die. 

They're going to turn a public education system into a private for profit system (and Betsy's Charter Schools are already failing)...so public education is on the chopping block.

They're going to do away with minimum wage, overtime, and safety regulations for workers...and people could die.

They're going to do away with regulations about clean air and water or any measures to combat warming...and everyone is in jeopardy.

They're having closed door meetings about how they can do away with ethics...and everyone is equally ****** by that.

They're circumventing laws so that they can do things that are illegal, and everyone is equally ****** by that.

They're attacking a free press and attempting to undermine our avenues to find out just how much we are being ******. 

And yes, they're also going after women's reproductive rights, insurance covered birth control, trying to build a stupid wall, and all that other crap. 

So I was there for all of us. I was there for the poor...and there are Republicans who are poor. I was there for the elderly, and there are Republicans who are elderly. I was there for our veterans, and there are Republican veterans. I was there for children and education, and I'm sure Republicans also have children and want them to be educated. I was there for the average American workers, many of which are Republican. I was there for all of the people and even the planet, because if it is affected, we are all affected. I was there to stand up for ethics in government. I'm sure there are Republicans who agree our elected officials should have some. I was there to stand up for our laws, because our officials are supposed to abide by them. I'm sure there are Republicans who agree with that. I was there for the press, because without them, we'll be getting our "information" from twitter and Alex Jones. I'm sure there are Republicans who would like to know what their elected officials are doing. And I was also there for women and minorities, so that they can also have a voice about their issues. I'm sure there are female and minority Republicans. 

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 5

Just now, R. Evans said:

For years, Trump was a "special interest". How else does someone file bankruptcy 4 times and not lose everything? Maybe because the laws were written to help people like him stay on top. The man is a phony and that will be borne out in the next 4 years.

Simple answer here, Trump had companies that were 'incorporated'. When a company goes bankrupt that doesn't mean everyone with holdings in the company loses their own personal worth. The laws are this way for everyone not just for Trump.  

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

People are there for different reasons. I was there for everyone, because I believe everyone will be equally ****** by the current administration. If you're not in the small number of millionaires and billionaires who will benefit from the moves they are making, you're in it with the rest of us....

I notice a great deal of "They're going to" in all that speculation.

Edited by Lilly
left out a word!
  • Like 5

15 minutes ago, Lilly said:

I notice a great of "They're going to" in all that speculation.

Don't listen to what Trump's saying, because he talks out of both sides of his mouth so no one is ever sure what his actual agenda is. 

Look at who he has hired, and what their stances have been on these issues. 

And look at his first moves as president. He signed an executive order to start dismantling the Affordable Care Act (without having anything else in place like he said he would) and did away with a provision benefiting first time home buyers. 

Oh...and they were already caught red-handed trying to gut the ethics committee behind closed doors.

They've already circumvented laws about military restrictions, nepotism, and conflicts of interest.

And how those tax returns? Where are they? He promised them.

Man of the people. 

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 2

The Affordable Care Act isn't exactly affordable...and if I recall it's to be repeal and replace not just toss the concept out. The rest of this basically hinges on what 'spin' one chooses to embrace...one man's ethics are another man's oppression it seems.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Lilly said:

The Affordable Care Act isn't exactly affordable...and if I recall it's to be repeal and replace not just toss the concept out. The rest of this basically hinges on what 'spin' one chooses to embrace...one man's ethics are another man's oppression it seems.

By signing the executive order, they can start dismantling it without even going through the repeal process. And that's not what he said he'd do. He said he'd have something else in place. 

You can spin it any way you like. But the bottom line is that millions of Americans will lose their health care and some people may die. 

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

.. plus much more besides  

Why not just boil this down to 

Millions  could die.

because of Trump!!

!

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Why not said:

Amazing, simply amazing.

It's amazing because nothing has actually happened yet! (the results of any action have yet to come to fruition). Like I've been saying, if the changes being implemented don't help matters any then I'll be the first to complain about it.

Edited by Lilly
typo
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

By signing the executive order, they can start dismantling it without even going through the repeal process. And that's not what he said he'd do. He said he'd have something else in place. 

You can spin it any way you like. But the bottom line is that millions of Americans will lose their health care and some people may die. 

Funny, I heard that it would be replaced not removed...there's a big difference therein. Once again, nothing has happened yet...no one is dying due to this having taken place.

• Like 6

Wasn't "Obamcare" basically extortion on behalf of the insurance industry? Like, you had to have a policy with one of the officially approved insurance companies, and that was it really? It was basically a compulsory tax? That showed that the great Democratic leader really cared for his party? People write very lengthy posts explaining how Trump is Satan, but Obama's presidency was basically fraudulent, wasn't it?

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Why not just boil this down to 

!

It's not just Trump. It's about all of those people he appointed, who are going to make real policy that affects all of us. And their personal agendas, which they have shown to be diametrically opposed to the interests of the American people. Even the American people who voted for Trump. 

• Like 2

Raise your hand if you survive 8 years of Obama? Trump's president and I still have to go to work on Monday. 

I'm just going to leave this here for those who need it.

9e880a46-aeb0-4109-8d2a-722395e83201.png

• Like 7