Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Protesting for what?

Baz Dane

2 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

I think the colors he selected are what gives or adds to  that time warp look too.

I'm thinking he didn't expect full camera shots. He was probably just going to wear his boxer shorts and at the last minute they said he needed pants. Crap! these are my only clean slacks!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Claire. said:

Um really? Silly me for not having noticed.

I've noticed this (probably because I can remember very far back). Academia is very much pro left ideology nowadays. Many young people think it's the responsibility of government  to provide for them from the cradle to the grave. They absolutely believe this and become very angry if anyone offers an alternate view of what government should be doing.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Yamato said:

No, but what he does from here will be.

What you described in the OP was largely Obama's, Bush's and Clinton's fault who continued the policies you're complaining about (complaining around the edges of), but instead of addressing that, hey I know, maybe Obama is a fake American and a secret Muslim.

State department says will look at last-minute release of funds, blocked in Congress, to assess whether adjustments are needed to align with president’s priorities

http://www.timesofisrael.com/trump-administration-to-review-221-m-payment-to-palestinians-in-obamas-last-hours/

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lilly said:

I've noticed this (probably because I can remember very far back). Academia is very much pro left ideology nowadays. Many young people think it's the responsibility of government  to provide for them from the cradle to the grave. They absolutely believe this and become very angry if anyone offers an alternate view of what government should be doing.

There are no doubt people such as the ones you describe, but it's unfair to paint academia with such a wide brush. I'm right in the thick of things and have noticed no such thing. It is my experience that those of us in academia are there because we aspire to make something of ourselves so that we can contribute not only to our lives, but also to the lives of others in a meaningful way. We have no delusions about the role of government and our only expectation is that it fulfills its mandate with honesty, integrity, and with the best interests of Americans in mind.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Claire. said:

There are no doubt people such as the ones you describe, but it's unfair to paint academia with such a wide brush. I'm right in the thick of things and have noticed no such thing. It is my experience that those of us in academia are there because we aspire to make something of ourselves so that we can contribute not only to our lives, but also to the lives of others in a meaningful way. We have no delusions about the role of government and our only expectation is that it fulfills its mandate with honesty, integrity, and with the best interests of Americans in mind.

Just cause it doesn't happen in every instance does not mean its unfair to point out. There are comedians who wont even step foot on a campus anymore cause of it. And we are talking about guys like Seinfeld, not Andrew Dice clay. The left has over run most colleges in this country.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Claire. said:

There are no doubt people such as the ones you describe, but it's unfair to paint academia with such a wide brush. I'm right in the thick of things and have noticed no such thing....

You don't notice it because you haven't been exposed to any alternative way of thinking. What younger people see as being 'moderate' and 'normative' isn't what those who can really remember (what it was like in the past) would call moderate and normative. Here's a thought; John F Kennedy would not even be a Democrat were his policies presented today. Kennedy would hands down be considered a Conservative (and fairly far right one at that). What is considered as being "in the best interests of the American people" has changed considerably as well. Here's another thought; Dr Martin Luther King's moral philosophy would not be consistent with a great deal of the rhetoric coming from the 'Black Lives Matter' organization and others in the far left. Now, of course Dr King would support the statement that "Black Lives Matter" but not the calling for death of law enforcement and hatred of people of other races. Keep in mind,  Dr King was a Christian Minister and he promoted Christian values (specifically that of non-violence).

• Like 6

On 1/22/2017 at 4:42 AM, Lemieux said:

All these anti-Trump and "I'm With Her" protesters are brainwashed IMO.

How is it... WITH EVIDENCE PLEASE... that Trump is SOOOO evil and it will be the "end of the world" and blah blah blah???

For far TOO LONG it's been the same ruling class with the same agenda, and that agenda has NOT been very good at all for the average person now has it.

Decade after decade we keep sliding, with increasing poverty, a disappearing middle-class, infrastructure falling apart and so on.

Jesus Murphy, under Obama, the U.S. debt just about DOUBLED to almost $20 TRILLION, from the $10 TRILLION left by Bush. :huh:

At his Inaugural speech Trump stated...

- "For too long, a small group in our nation's capital has reaped the rewards of government while the people have borne the costs. Washington flourished, but the people did not share in it's wealth. Politicians prospered, but the jobs left and the factories closed. The Establishment protected itself, but not the citizens of our country [...] For many decades, we've enriched foreign industry at the expense of American industry, subsidized the armies of other countries while allowing for the very sad depletion of our military, we've defended other nation's borders while refusing to defend out own... and spent, trillions and trillions of dollars overseas while America's infastructure has fallen into disrepair and decay. We've made other countries rich while the wealth, strength and confidence of our country has dissipated over the horizon."

And the protesters are booing him(see Michael Moore below)

But when Elizabeth Warren says essentially the same thing...

- "America's families have taken one punch after another. Decades of trickle down economics and attacks on unions, attacks on wages, attacks on pensions, attacks on healthcare, attacks on social security(said almost crying), attacks on education, attacks on infrastructure, and financial regulations have gutted America's middle class. A broken criminal Justice system, a broken voting rights system, and decades of systematic racism have kept people of color from having the same opportunities as other Americans throughout this country."

...all the brainwashed people cheer away like the Walking Brain-Dead, programmed zombies, that they are.

Warren goes on to say how things will get so much worse under Trump etc of course. :rolleyes:

So when Elizabeth Warren says the truth about the governing of the last few decades, the sheeple are programmed to automatically shout...

- "Yaaaay!!!... Goodie!!!" clap clap clap :clap:

When Trump says the same truth it's...

- "Boo!... Down with Trump!!!... It's all Trump's fault!"

I call that programed :yes:

Here's that idiot, Michael Moore, showing just how much of a moron he is...

- "I woke up this morning. Picked up the Washington Post, and the headline read: 'Trump Takes Power' ... I don't think so!" ... Ummm, yes he did. Moron.

- "'New President vows to end America's carnage'. Mr Trump, we are here to vow to end the 'Trump carnage'"

What "Trump carnage"??? ... You dolt. :rolleyes:

It's Trump's fault that the elite in the U.S. keep getting substantially richer while the middle class is disappearing at an alarming rate?

If the elite had their way, it would have been yet ANOTHER Clinton or Bush in the White House right now... CONTINUING on a 30+ year tradition.

WHO's been in control of America's finances(look at the debt!!!)... or perhaps Foreign Policy... or perhaps the Judicial System... or maybe Race Relations... and so on, for the last 3+ decades???

"Trump Carnage" eh?... Idiot.

The guy is so stupid that he rips up the Washington Post in his child-like tantrum because why? Because they told the truth?(a hit-and miss-with them now to be honest), but still, I'd LOVE to see the faces of the big-wigs at the Post seeing Moore tear up their newspaper on the podium.

"but!... But!!... BUT!!!... We're on your side!" :lol:

Here's Hitlery with King Salman bin Abdul-Aziz Al Saud in April 2012... Back then Salman was Prince Salman, Saudi Arabian Defense Minister...

- "We consider the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia a close and strategic partner blah blah blah..." - Clinton

- "Our two countries are friendly countries that share common interests blah blah blah..." - Salman

What a crock!

THIS is what all the anti-Trump protesters want??? MORE of THIS crookedness?

What "common interests" do the U.S. and Saudi Arabia have???

Sure, CLINTONS, OBAMAS, BUSH's, Cheney's etc have common interests, but how about the average Joe who slugs it out at a factory all day long in Iowa???

That's who makes up America, NOT these rich elitist b*******.

That's a perfect example of what BOTH Trump AND Warren are talking about.

Saudi Arabia... Those CHAMPIONS of LGBTQ-Rights ... the face of the modern woman, oops, ummm ... Champions of Womens-Rights... Wait...  Well, they have mass Public beheadings anyways, so considering Meryl Sheep denounced Football in her lies about Trump(yes, what she said was another LIE if you take the time to research it), I'm guessing the sport of Beheadings is probably one of the "Arts" in her view as a Hillary supporter.

Sorry to burst the uninformed's little bubble, but Saudi Arabia is NOT our "close partner" and we in the West(not just the U.S.) do NOT share common interests with them.

Only the elite do... You know, that certain 1% of the population that ALWAYS seems to be in power... Kinda like who Trump and Warren were talking about.

Here's an example of just HOW the "common interests" work...

Saudi Arabia gives the Clintons more than $25 million... The U.S., through the State Department, loads Saudi Arabia up on weapons... a lot of those weapons eventually end up with ISIS, Al Nusra, etc

Al Qaeda, ISIS... For 15+ years now we have been fighting the "War On Terror" and how is that going???

I'll tell you how it's going, in case you're too busy with coloring books, Play Doe, or smashing store-front windows and setting cars and garbage cans on fire... WE'RE LOSING.

We're FAR worse off than we were 15 years ago when Dubya announced the "War On Terror" and then decided to invade Iraq based on lies.

And how much has that cost America? How much does it STILL cost??? What's the cost to the entire World on that one???

Cheney's, Rumsfeld's, Bush's, Clinton's and Obama's buddies in the defense-contract, oil and other industrues, made a killing though didn't they??? Literally.

THAT is the legacy that these brainwashed protesters want to keep alive and follow???

The world is angry, and rightfully so, but these rich elitist b******* that have controlled the U.S. for decades now, have, as Trump correctly stated, "reaped the rewards of government while the people have borne the costs".

And now they're using all their shady tactics along with their loyal lapdogs in the MSM, and Hollywood, to direct that anger of the brainwashed and completely uninformed masses, into believing that everything is Trump's fault.

Sooooooo, what?... The protesters are fighting to preserve the same-ol' same-ol' way of things that leads to perpetual war, death and poverty?... not too mention the current near Police-State of things, and who do you suppose brought us all to this point in time???

Must be Trump's fault... or the Russians.

Such a sad state of affairs :no: 

(removing the professional protesters from the conversation) I think that largely what we're seeing ,and last weekends "women's march" was a great example of this, is a litany of single issue protesters rather than a group protesting as one. Listening to an interview with people protesting in LA over the weekend I heard folks from women's rights, abortion, gun control, immigration, disability rights, healthcare advocacy, drug legalization and pro increase in min. wage groups. 

There is an absolute absence of big picture thinking among the majority of these people, they are simply outraged over their issue and therefore are making noise about it. The elitists are simply playing the emotions surrounding the issues like a fiddle. 

• Like 2

On 1/22/2017 at 8:42 AM, Lemieux said:

Here's that idiot, Michael Moore, showing just how much of a moron he is...

- "I woke up this morning. Picked up the Washington Post, and the headline read: 'Trump Takes Power' ... I don't think so!" ...

Is he aware just how much of a cheerleader for the Hillary and how rabidly anti-Trump the WaPo has been? Twerp.

43 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

(removing the professional protesters from the conversation) I think that largely what we're seeing ,and last weekends "women's march" was a great example of this, is a litany of single issue protesters rather than a group protesting as one. Listening to an interview with people protesting in LA over the weekend I heard folks from women's rights, abortion, gun control, immigration, disability rights, healthcare advocacy, drug legalization and pro increase in min. wage groups. 

There is an absolute absence of big picture thinking among the majority of these people, they are simply outraged over their issue and therefore are making noise about it. The elitists are simply playing the emotions surrounding the issues like a fiddle. 

I see it as mental illness on their part.

• Like 1

Just now, Ellapennella said:

I see it as mental illness on their part.

Settle down there Stalin, just because they disagree with you doesnt mean theyre retarded :lol:

1 hour ago, Myles said:

Isn't lesbian and gay the same? 

In a land where the liberals desperately want everyone to be equal, they're the first to divide people up into groups for easy labeling.  :rolleyes:

But, yeah, they have to differentiate between female gays and male gays, I guess.

• Like 2

Just now, Farmer77 said:

Settle down there Stalin, just because they disagree with you doesnt mean theyre retarded :lol:

I didn't say that. What I'm saying is  they have displayed behavior that logically relates to  mental illness.

• Like 3

Now that we are no longer to know about the safety of our food, air, and water, I wonder if anyone will change their tune.

We are also not allowed to know about any scientific findings, or any health threats. And this is all research that our tax dollars are paying for. 

And...our current administration tried to do this without us finding out about it.

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Myles said:

Isn't lesbian and gay the same?    Queer doesn't really seem to fit either as it doesn't have anything to do with sexual identity or preference.  

Just saying....

They have to be classified separately to show how, er, united they are with their colleagues in Oppression. (although i suppose if one was a Lesbian of Color that'd tick all the boxes so they'd have the coveted title of Most Oppressed of All).

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Now that we are no longer to know about the safety of our food, air, and water, I wonder if anyone will change their tune.

We are also not allowed to know about any scientific findings, or any health threats. And this is all research that our tax dollars are paying for. 

And...our current administration tried to do this without us finding out about it.

Are the people of America still going to be allowed to have water and air then? We were told a day or two ago that He was going to abolish that, as well as ethics. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Are the people of America still going to be allowed to have water and air then? We were told a day or two ago that He was going to abolish that, as well as ethics. 

I doubt there will be much clean water and air after there are no more regulations, and we can't even know about the impact of spills.

I don't know where you've been, but ethics are already out the door.

Edited by ChaosRose

59 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I think that's quite right, and the funniest thing of all is that Madonna and Amy Whoever it was, that one with the weird pronographic dream about him, these, among the very elitest of the Elite, are supposedly speaking for all who are oppressed by the Tyrant. Are they trying to make us laugh? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Claire. said:

There are no doubt people such as the ones you describe, but it's unfair to paint academia with such a wide brush.

No, it's not. It's exactly what's happening.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

I doubt there will be much clean water and air after there are no more regulations, and we can't even know about the impact of spills.

I don't know where you've been, but ethics are already out the door.

Yes, we're all gonna die.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

Why would you refer to me as Stalin?

It was a joke , labeling  those you disagree with as mentally ill is a classic tool used by tyrants. Stalin was just the first name I pulled out of my memory bank. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ellapennella said:

I didn't say that. What I'm saying is  they have displayed behavior that logically relates to  mental illness.

No they have not. Your statement is extraordinarily ignorant and insulting.

55 minutes ago, Sweetpumper said:

No, it's not. It's exactly what's happening.

Making general statements about it students' expectations from government, is not looking at the deeper picture. It's a lot more complex than that. I realize there are many who believe that academia has an ideological bias against conservatives and is a breeding ground for radicalism, but in truth that's where conservatives get it all wrong. Study after study has shown there is little, if any indoctrination, going on in universities. They are not the brainwashing mills some people would want everyone to believe.

1 minute ago, Claire. said:

Making general statements about it students' expectations from government, is not looking at the deeper picture. It's a lot more complex than that. I realize there are many who believe that academia has an ideological bias against conservatives and is a breeding ground for radicalism, but in truth that's where conservatives get it all wrong. Study after study has shown there is little, if any indoctrination, going on in universities. They are not the brainwashing mills some people would want everyone to believe.

Well, I could start a thread citing example after example that would make the "Guns Save Lives" thread look microscopic.

• Like 4