Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Protesting for what?

Baz Dane

I just got an order for shirts that say "A Woman's Place is in the Resistance."

Guess which word I'm gonna change to 'kitchen'.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

It is ironic that the democrats are p***ed off that the republicans elected a democrat

Im not exactly on the left but Ill answer;  I think Immaturity ,misogyny, elitism, the inability to accept criticism, corporate ties and an apparent lack of concern for the environment are the main reasons. Throw in some of his cabinet selections and its not exactly confidence inspiring. 

All those, except possibly misogyny (which is a bit of a misnomer anyway, since that means hating women, which is hardly the impression you'd get from the controversial so-called comment attributed to him) could very much apply both to Barack (pbuh) and Hillary. 

• Like 5

Just now, Sweetpumper said:

just got an order for shirts that say "A Woman's Place is in the Resistance."

That's hilarious. xD. That's considered misogyny ... imagine if the world listened to the left in this regard. We would be a world without comedy..

• Like 2

Just now, Farmer77 said:

Huh? 

Donald Trump was a celebrity doing immature and masygonistic things while hanging out with the Clintons and Epstein (elites) and yelling at Rosie Odonnel (inability to accept critism)  LONG before he ever ran for president. Those character traits were there and publicly known back when he was still a democrat it has nothing to do with politics. 

so you preferred Clinton and a almost certain war with Russia ---- fair enough ---- stupid in the extreme but you
are entitled to your opinions and choices...:unsure2:

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Sweetpumper said:

"A Kitchen's Place is in the Resistance"?  That's not going to inspire very many people Sweetpumper.

Edited by Thorvir
  • Like 6

31 minutes ago, AdealJustice said:

I agree with some of those points but even if some of those points are true which I think are, why were the democratic populous silent for Obamas hypocrisy in this department?  Nepotism, Doublespeak, foreign conflicts, backtracking on promises, Hillary's corporate ties, etc etc etc. Yet Obama is ok because he faked it better? I would prefer an enemy I know to one that I don't.

The left was insanely quiet on Obama's hypocrisies . I think the biggest and most blatant would be the whole  accepting the peace prize then becoming a mass murderer thing. Unfortunately for way too many political ideology trumps the overall good of the nation 

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 3

Just now, Farmer77 said:

The left was insanely quiet on Obama's hypocrisies . I think the biggest and most blatant would be the whole  accepting the peace prize then becoming a mass murderer thing. Unfortunately for way too many political ideology trumps the overall good of the nation 

Trump has been fulfilling his promises so far. Lets see what he does. I am all for accountability. We as a people must hold mistakes accountable if he makes them. We should hold the previous establishment to the same criteria. It starts now, too long has accountability been ignored. We must revitalize a culture of accountability.

• Like 4

Just now, bee said:

so you preferred Clinton and a almost certain war with Russia ---- fair enough ---- stupid in the extreme but you
are entitled to your opinions and choices...:unsure2:

Seriously pull your head out of the left right paradigm. 

No No i didnt prefer clinton , for me it was a choice between two of the worst possible candidates imaginable.  I said it all through election season "the lesser of the two evils is still evil" and as much as i cant stand hillary I just couldnt vote for the joke of a human being Trump. I voted third party. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

No No i didnt prefer clinton , for me it was a choice between two of the worst possible candidates imaginable.  I said it all through election season "the lesser of the two evils is still evil" and as much as i cant stand hillary I just couldnt vote for the joke of a human being Trump. I voted third party. 

thankfully you voted third party. I felt it frustrating to see people voting Hillary based on their contempt for Trump. Its like voting for Stalin because you don't like Mao. The comparison fits because Hillary supporters literally thought he was Satan, so to avoid supporting him they voted for Beelzebub lol.

note I'm center left.. but to the modern left i'd be called the far right lol.!!

Edited by AdealJustice
  • Like 1

Just now, AdealJustice said:

Trump has been fulfilling his promises so far. Lets see what he does. I am all for accountability. We as a people must hold mistakes accountable if he makes them. We should hold the previous establishment to the same criteria. It starts now, too long has accountability been ignored. We must revitalize a culture of accountability.

I am trying to be less cynical about Trump but things like the DAPL memo  arent making it easy. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

I am trying to be less cynical about Trump but things like the DAPL memo  arent making it easy. 

what is your main concern about the pipeline? If it were maintained and up to regulatory standards what is the problem? America should become independent of mid east oil should it not? This would benefit all Americans.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I repeat it was basically a choice of two candidates - (forget left and right)

so why don't you stop your little hate campaign against Trump and be thankful the world is not now
heading for a serious conflict with Russia - if you didn't prefer Clinton - what's your problem..?

use some logic - you are wasting people's time -

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

No No i didnt prefer clinton , for me it was a choice between two of the worst possible candidates imaginable.  I  I voted third party.

Third party votes:

overflowing-garbage-can.jpg

But at least your conscience is clear, right?

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, AdealJustice said:

That's hilarious. xD. That's considered misogyny ... imagine if the world listened to the left in this regard. We would be a world without comedy..

The left is notorious for having the humor of a blood-soaked crime scene.

Edited by Sweetpumper
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, AdealJustice said:

what is your main concern about the pipeline? If it were maintained and up to regulatory standards what is the problem? America should become independent of mid east oil should it not? This would benefit all Americans.

My overall concern is the environmental impact.

My concern about Trump's actions in signing this memo just days after taking office is about ignoring the will of the people and the good of the nation for the will of corporations and their profits. 

As for whether its maintained and up to standards we dont and cant know if it is or not. For example North Dakota had 292 oil spills from 2012-2013 and exactly 1 of those was disclosed to the public.  We live in a corporacy and adding a corporatist at the top has the potential to make it much much worse. 

North Dakota had nearly 300 oil pipeline spills in less than two years, none of which were reported to the public. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bee said:

I repeat it was basically a choice of two candidates - (forget left and right)

so why don't you stop your little hate campaign against Trump and be thankful the world is not now
heading for a serious conflict with Russia - if you didn't prefer Clinton - what's your problem..?

use some logic - you are wasting people's time -

I was using logic, therefore I didnt vote for either democrat who was running for office. 

3 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

Third party votes:

overflowing-garbage-can.jpg

But at least your conscience is clear, right?

Hell yes at least my conscience is clear. It was a lose lose election and at least I can say I did not vote for either of the scumbags. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Claire. said:

Is it a generational thing, or a combination of that and other influences?

I don't know. Judge for yourself how much we've changed:

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

My overall concern is the environmental impact.

My concern about Trump's actions in signing this memo just days after taking office is about ignoring the will of the people and the good of the nation for the will of corporations and their profits. 

As for whether its maintained and up to standards we dont and cant know if it is or not. For example North Dakota had 292 oil spills from 2012-2013 and exactly 1 of those was disclosed to the public.  We live in a corporacy and adding a corporatist at the top has the potential to make it much much worse. 

North Dakota had nearly 300 oil pipeline spills in less than two years, none of which were reported to the public. 

a perfectly valid concern. I wonder why we don't shift to sustainable energy. We could literally invest in Solar tech and make oil obsolete in the coming decades. With that we can end dependence on the middle east and dictate terms such as rights for people in their nations. The ONLY reason we take the Saudis, qataris etc seriously is because of oil. Other wise we would not give the time of day to this backward idiots. These wealthy oil nations literally have no talent, they import talent. They build big skyscrapers , etc but cannot build a culture of intellectualism.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, AdealJustice said:

a perfectly valid concern. I wonder why we don't shift to sustainable energy. We could literally invest in Solar tech and make oil obsolete in the coming decades. With that we can end dependence on the middle east and dictate terms such as rights for people in their nations. The ONLY reason we take the Saudis, qataris etc seriously is because of oil. Other wise we would not give the time of day to this backward idiots. These wealthy oil nations literally have no talent, they import talent. They build big skyscrapers , etc but cannot build a culture of intellectualism.

For roughly the same reasons Cannabis and it's non-psychoactive, tumor-shrinking element CBD are still Federally illegal. It's a threat to the massive profits of a sector that depends on things staying the same. Instead of changing their business model to adapt to what's better for humanity, they stifle progress and publish propaganda to convince us this way is the best way.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Sweetpumper said:

A kitchens place is in the resistance.

I don't think you'll sell many of those.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

For roughly the same reasons Cannabis and it's non-psychoactive, tumor-shrinking element CBD are still Federally illegal. It's a threat to the massive profits of a sector that depends on things staying the same. Instead of changing their business model to adapt to what's better for humanity, they stifle progress and publish propaganda to convince us this way is the best way.

Well said :clap:

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, AdealJustice said:

Meritocracy is seldom in the News, I liked no sell Kitchen but LOVE THIS bit of iDealJustice's comment:::: ""   They build big skyscrapers , etc but cannot build a culture of intellectualism."

HA! over the top ""

A kitchens place is in the resistance.

I don't think you'll sell many of those.

"

Edited by MWoo7

I like being in the kitchen. It's my kitchen and I just bought all new GE appliances!

I also like going to various other places. I can freely go to those places without fear because I live in a country that operates via the rule of law.

• Like 6