Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Protesting for what?

Baz Dane

What an odd thing to say...married 25 years....had a good run before that. 2 kids. Wasn't in the sex trade business if that's what you're asking....

18 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Havent had much experience in the old sexual department have ya skliss?

Is that an admission of a "whoops" incident some time in the past? :P 

• Like 1

It's so easy to pile on about Saudi Arabia in the OP, oh how popular we were on January 22.

Then Trump leaves Saudi Arabia out of his immigration ban, and we run back to cover our necks with whatever apologies and excuses for the omission we can think of.   So with nobody left on the bridge, I'll take over from here.  I actually oppose what Saudi Arabia does, it doesn't fall off the back of the truck the minute after a perfect partisan rant turns obsolete.

This was already obvious way before January 22nd though.   Trump goes to AIPAC promising to help our other friend in the world, Saudi Arabia.  Of course nobody could respond to that.  That'd be sacrilege.   And so we wind up with threads like this one.  Playing partisan politics with Saudi Arabia of all things?   You've gotta be kidding me. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

I am totally against mixing politics and religion but one thing this will do is expose already politically aligned churches ,etc to a greater level of criticism. This might end up being useful for informed voters. The problem is we lack informed voters as a whole.

Edited by AdealJustice
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

He's going to totally destroy a law?  This guy doesn't have a freaking clue how our government actually works does he?

"America is a nation of believers."  Well he better hope, he's going to need a lot more belief than he knows if he thinks he has the power to destroy laws.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, AdealJustice said:

I am totally against mixing politics and religion but one thing this will do is expose already politically aligned churches ,etc to a greater level of criticism. This might end up being useful for informed voters. The problem is we lack informed voters as a whole.

I had to reread this post over a couple of times, but I think I get what you're saying. (sorry, it's me) If there are various particular religious organizations in it with some political parties, I hope it does bring that out in the open and shows how favoring one over the other is not a good thing. 

Looking at the link, I would hope other religions and probably organizations through non-believers get their say as well. If he wants religions to have a say with no backlash, you might as include all of them. 

If I'm getting it correctly. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Yamato said:

He's going to totally destroy a law?  This guy doesn't have a freaking clue how our government actually works does he?

"America is a nation of believers."  Well he better hope, he's going to need a lot more belief than he knows if he thinks he has the power to destroy laws.

Is it going to get to a point that Atheists and Non-Christians and Non-Jewish are going to ousted or at least fined or something, for being their religion? This gets me nervous, that those who do not attend a religious place every week is going to be in trouble or something like that. 

And yeah, I might be overblowing it, but if it does happen, then that is definitely changing something here. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

Is it going to get to a point that Atheists and Non-Christians and Non-Jewish are going to ousted or at least fined or something, for being their religion? This gets me nervous, that those who do not attend a religious place every week is going to be in trouble or something like that. 

And yeah, I might be overblowing it, but if it does happen, then that is definitely changing something here. 

I see hatred turning more and more inward/domestic until political or religious or other groups in this country ("The Left", "The Illegals", "The Muslims" etc) are discriminated against.   There's already signs not just from the tone of our people but actions of our President like just threatening to cut federal funding to UC Berkeley.  Surely the whole university isn't at fault but that's who suffers when this is the kind of solution we get.

I think it's more likely to be violence unfortunately.   Domestic terrorism, government crackdowns.  Our morality and common sense go right out the window when it's doing something violent in a land far far away but I see that is about to change.  "Over there" is becoming over here.  "the chickens are coming home to roost."  I think we're going to lose some of our values and sense of decency across the country with this great orange role model in charge.  Some people will chop my head off for saying this, but I think "clinging to their guns and Bibles" -or however Obama put it- is going to be more vogue than it has in a long time, and I think we'll see fugitives from the liberal camps who finally start to get it a little bit.   People need to stand up for what's right and call their leaders out on the carpet when they're wrong.   Not just Obama, but Donald Trump too.  Crazy, right?   And whoever our Governor may be, and on down the line from there.   What the federal government is now doing is far more dangerous and reckless than anything on the state or local levels of course.  All imho, but it's a serious and frank opinion as I can share.

1 hour ago, Yamato said:

There's already signs not just from the tone of our people but actions of our President like just threatening to cut federal funding to UC Berkeley.  Surely the whole university isn't at fault but that's who suffers when this is the kind of solution we get.

Why? If they participate in and promote overtly political campaigns (and you can't tell me that the management of the Universities have nothing at all to do with the Soros-promoted "protests" , it's just a purely spontaneous uprising by the students who like really care deeply about immigrants and write "Love" on their hands to prove it), the Govt. is expected to fund them for that? 

• Like 1

Just now, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Why? If they participate in and promote overtly political campaigns (and you can't tell me that the management of the Universities have nothing at all to do with the Soros-promoted "protests" , it's just a purely spontaneous uprising by the students who like really care deeply about immigrants and write "Love" on their hands to prove it), the Govt. is expected to fund them for that? 

Because I don't have to tell you they have nothing to do with it, you should have to prove that they do if that's your accusation.   Also show me the law where Soros can't promote a protest, otherwise even in the worst case there is no legal basis for punitive action.

If you can't stand or tolerate Soros and he makes you so mad, there's a legal process for that.   What kind of country has this become where the White House sets the prices and cuts the deals?   Nuts.  He doesn't have this kind of power.  It's all in his head.  This isn't American, this is fascist.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

I think most student demonstrations are student started, student led, and student done.  University officers may agree (more likely) or disagree with them, and may even participate -- they have ever much right to as anyone and are probably better qualified to speak out -- but my experience has been that most of them are reticent to get too involved and don't condone violence.  Shall we just say they've matured a few years.

A personal observation watching things over the years -- the police do at least as much to generate violence in demonstrations as do the participants.  There are reasons certain people go into certain professions, and the reasons people want to become police often have to do with self-righteousness and a bias against open expression of controversial views.

24 minutes ago, Yamato said:

If you can't stand or tolerate Soros and he makes you so mad, there's a legal process for that. 

Oh really Yam, you still believe that the same laws apply to all?

• Like 1

I think in a way we've been conned into thinking Soros is behind all this - yes he is in one way but probably just as
a money funnel and a willing convenient fall guy -- ??? 

It's better that 'the people' think One man...one old man...one super rich old man ...is fiendishly fomenting revolution -

While the Shadow Government and / or globalists or who ever the hell they are -
are lurking in the background and pulling the strings..?

Here's a nice example of the kind of people who just want everyone to love everyone, particularly (or perhaps solely) if they're Persons of Colour:

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2017/02/mac-slavo/seattle-sjw-calls-mass-murder/

(Perhaps you ought to turn the volume down if you're watching it in polite company.)

Really I think, far from these people being the resistance against Trump, Trump is leading the fight against these would-be insurgents. They want nothing more than violent revolution. 

• Like 1

And Soros is just a tool?

In a blog post for Foreign Policy magazine, Rosa Brooks, a former Obama administration official, outlined four ways to “get rid” of President Trump, including declaring him mentally unfit for command or carrying out a military coup.

Brooks is a Schwartz senior fellow at the New America Foundation, which is funded by billionaire George Soros’s Open Society Foundations. She served from 2009-2011 as Counselor to the Under Secretary of Defense for Policy and served as a senior adviser at Obama’s State Department.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/02/02/ex-obama-official-suggests-military-coup-trump/

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Here's a nice example of the kind of people who just want everyone to love everyone, particularly (or perhaps solely) if they're Persons of Colour:

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2017/02/mac-slavo/seattle-sjw-calls-mass-murder/

(Perhaps you ought to turn the volume down if you're watching it in polite company.)

Really I think, far from these people being the resistance against Trump, Trump is leading the fight against these would-be insurgents. They want nothing more than violent revolution. 

Yes not just revolution but violent revolution - no matter what the cost to the stability of the country and
the smooth running of essential services - it's all very well standing with a megaphone calling for revolution
wearing decent clothes, food in your stomach - electric grid and sewage system functioning - mobile phone
in your pocket etc -- but how would it all be if she got her wish..?

Perhaps that Rosie whats~her~name will get her call for Marshall Law after all --- then everyone will blame Trump
even though it was THEM that caused it -

At the Berkley protests riots --- a huge banner was on display saying -- '''THIS IS WAR''' and another one
saying '''BECOME UNGOVERNABLE'''

It looks like the losers of the Presidential Election are fomenting revolution to try and regain power...?

• Like 1

See, even if defenders of these lovers of love may argue that, say, Madonny's rhetoric about blowing up the Wh*te H*use wasn't meant seriously, these people do seem to be. 

More and More I'm thinking that Tr*mp came along just at the right time to forestall an insurrection that these people who just want to spread love were planning. Since obviously it had been planned by Soros and his various "thinktanks" and "Foundations" for long before the Tyrant came onto the scene. He might very well turn out to be the right person who came along at just the right time to save America from a violent revolution. 

14 hours ago, Yamato said:

It's so easy to pile on about Saudi Arabia in the OP, oh how popular we were on January 22.

Then Trump leaves Saudi Arabia out of his immigration ban, and we run back to cover our necks with whatever apologies and excuses for the omission we can think of.   So with nobody left on the bridge, I'll take over from here.  I actually oppose what Saudi Arabia does, it doesn't fall off the back of the truck the minute after a perfect partisan rant turns obsolete.

This was already obvious way before January 22nd though.   Trump goes to AIPAC promising to help our other friend in the world, Saudi Arabia.  Of course nobody could respond to that.  That'd be sacrilege.   And so we wind up with threads like this one.  Playing partisan politics with Saudi Arabia of all things?   You've gotta be kidding me. 

Yea that really surprised me to. Especially with him calling them out all through the campaign. And with SA giving Hillary millions to play. Makes me wonder how conversations behind the scene went.

Maybe he is being smart and setting us up to use a lot more of the oil we have, not being as dependent as we have on Saudi oil before he snubs them.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Yea that really surprised me to. Especially with him calling them out all through the campaign. And with SA giving Hillary millions to play. Makes me wonder how conversations behind the scene went.

Maybe he is being smart and setting us up to use a lot more of the oil we have, not being as dependent as we have on Saudi oil before he snubs them.

Hope and Change for republicans, smoke and mirrors hidden behind offensive bluster. 

She is such an idiot...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4185168/Sarah-Silverman-calls-military-coup.html

Comedian Sarah Silverman appeared to call for a military coup in a tweet Wednesday night 

'WAKE UP & JOIN THE RESISTANCE. ONCE THE MILITARY IS W US FASCISTS GET OVERTHROWN. MAD KING & HIS HANDLERS GO BYE BYE,' she wrote  

• Like 4

http://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2017-02-02/democrats-permanent-outrage-at-donald-trump

In the frenzied opening days of the rebellious Trump era, top leaders in the Democratic Party have taken a posture of relentless, immovable, caustic opposition – assailing the commander in chief at every turn and often employing extreme rhetoric to punctuate its impact. It is a cold-blooded approach that's required for this precarious moment, they say, given the severe changes Trump is attempting on everything from how the U.S. should deliver health care to who should be allowed to become an American citizen.

But there's a risk in outright, perpetual obstruction as well and it's simmering below the surface in conversations between Democratic lawmakers, leaders and strategists as the party debates the most effective path forward: If Democrats protest everything with hair-on-fire outrage, will anything end up sticking with the American public beyond their infinite indignity? If they cry wolf every 12 hours, will the effect of their urgency wane over time? Instead of presenting an alternative vision, will they end up looking simply like a party of outrage?

I , myself, am already tired of the constant, "wah, wah, wah...." of the snowflake left. I understand people want to protest, but really, what is going on is actually childishness. When students at BERKELEY riot just because a Conservative has come to their university to speak to a small audience, then things are reaching to a new level of stupid.

They certainly do risk using up all their credit before there is even much to complain about.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

Hope and Change for republicans, smoke and mirrors hidden behind offensive bluster. 

Well I can't speak for Republicans, but he's way better in regards to following through with what he said he'd do then any I've ever seen. He's been president for just under two weeks, I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt. At least for a little while longer. 

• Like 1